Newbie question. How can I set the time for regular session time? 9:30am to 4:15pm New York time - page 2

RaptorUK:
OK, let me put it another way . . he doesn't want the bars outside of 9:30 to 16:15 to be shown on the chart . . .

All 24 hours data will be always there, that's why I suggest to modify Heikin Ashi. If Freddd does not want some bars at particular time, then re-color (like chart background) or EMPTY_VALUE the modified Heikin Ashi. And I forget to mention that Freddd has to change the chart from showing candle/bars to line though :(

[Edit : Alright, got it, RaptorUK suggested offline chart, dabbler suggested to exclude some data, and WHRoeder suggested ... that]

@RaptorUK, if we use offline chart from 9:30 to 16:15, isn't the candle will "jump" from 16:15 to 9:30 ?, What about Freddd's CI, RSI or BB for example, I think any CIs will also "jump", unless Freddd able to make them "normal".

:D

If ES emini futures market is only traded when Nasdaq is open or a specific market then there will be only bars times it is traded

On a FXPro account you have stocks you can trade from Nasdaq then you get only candels for that Symbol when it is traded

I don't trade futures so I don't know if it is to buy or sell 24 hours a day.....

onewithzachy:

@RaptorUK, if we use offline chart from 9:30 to 16:15, isn't the candle will "jump" from 16:15 to 9:30 ?, What about Freddd's CI, RSI or BB for example, I think any CIs will also "jump", unless Freddd able to make them "normal".

:D

We don't know what the OP is using for his strategy, maybe he doesn't use any CIs ;-) but yes, if he is they may need some work . . .

RaptorUK:
We don't know what the OP is using for his strategy, maybe he doesn't use any CIs ;-) but yes, if he is they may need some work . . .

That's what dabbler said ...

dabbler 2012.06.06 21:29

Well you can't stop the data feed and your charts will do whatever the broker tells them to. That should not affect your strategy though.

If you really don't want to use data from the rest of the day then I guess you can re-code every single indicator you need to use to avoid that area, but it sounds like a lot of work to me.

onewithzachy:

That's what dabbler said ...

I was talking about CIs in conjunction with an offline chart . . .

RaptorUK:
I was talking about CIs in conjunction with an offline chart . . .
Oh right, sorry .... :D
Reason: