THE IDEA EXCHANGE

Sometimes a "creative" crisis sets in and you start scouring the literature and other people's work in search of a fresh or well-forgotten idea. Let's create something like an "Idea Bank" and in this thread will share ideas about trading / autotrading. Ideas are different, new or not very good for some, original or trite, but a new interpretation, at first glance absurdly insane, ideas that we use or that we do not fit, tried or not get to that, implemented or waiting for their time, in short - all sorts. Who doesn't feel sorry for what.

To facilitate reading, the main idea underlined in blue, discussion, comments and other impulses of the soul ordinary. Join in.

My idea, I'll get started...

The idea is old, but for some reason not widespread in implementation, I use it myself, it works quite well with some strategies. Exit only by Take Profit. If you guessed right from the direction - get initially planned take profit, if not - tighten TP following the price (you can use different algorithms - loops, rubber bands, level indicators, etc.) In this case, the take may be negative, but it is often much more profitable than the triggering of a stop loss. An insurance stoploss to limit huge losses is not prohibited.

How about a good old curry?
On Kiwi, Kiwi/Yen only buy if stoch with large period below 50, on crossing signal and main stoch with small averaging period.

Figar0:

The idea is old, but for some reason not widespread in implementation, I use it myself, it works quite well with some strategies. Exit only by Take Profit. If you guessed right from the direction - get initially planned take profit, if not - tighten TP following the price (you can use different algorithms - loops, rubber bands, level indicators, etc.) In this case, the take may be negative, but it is often much more profitable than the triggering of a stop loss. An insurance stoploss to limit huge losses is not prohibited.

Short takeoff is a good idea, did you get it from a German? :)

The main thing is to calculate correct entry points, and withdrawal is a matter of technique. :)))

I am currently experimenting in this direction, binding entries to Elliott Waves.

I have an idea, which may yield good results: study mathematics.
When enough knowledge has been accumulated, the ideas for price prediction algorithms will appear by themselves.

The academic way usually produces results. The revolutionary way, on the other hand, can only create the appearance of usefulness.

Forex is a very complex system, which is characterized by many parameters. What does a programmer do at the first steps? He tries to build a forecast by 2 or 3 parameters! If we draw an analogy with recognition of a living organism by 3 parameters, we will obtain approximately the following
1. The object has an ear (e.g. МА 13 or High of the previous bar).
2. The object has a leg (e.g. Stochastic or MACD).
3. The object has a leg bigger than the ear (Stochastic is bigger than MA13).

The question is: To plot the trajectory of the object for the coming days.

To any sensible person it is obvious, that on the basis of this information it is impossible to answer the posed question. It is also difficult to understand what the object itself is - whether it is a man, an elephant or a cockroach. So why should one think that it is possible to make any kind of meaningful price forecast on the basis of a few simple indicators? Multiply the points by the macdacs, add the prices, count the ticks, take into account the spooner and the blob. And tomorrow we'll have a stock exchange... of illusions.

A person either knows what to do and how to do it - in this case he/she is usually busy implementing the ideas,
Or he/she does not know, in which case he/she needs to study.

SK. you didn't highlight the phrase "learn maths" in blue. I'll do it for you, OK? Especially since this idea is very close to me, even though I am an amateur...

NYROBA:
Figar0:

The idea is old, but for some reason not widespread in implementation, I use it myself, it works quite well with some strategies. Exit only by Take Profit. If you guessed right from the direction - get initially planned take profit, if not - tighten TP following the price (you can use different algorithms - loops, rubber bands, level indicators, etc.) Close TP after price. In this case, the take may be negative, but it is often much more profitable than the triggering of a stop loss. An insurance stop-loss to limit huge losses is not prohibited.

Short takeoff is a good idea, did you get it from a German? :)

The main thing is to calculate correct entry points, and withdrawal is a matter of technique. :)))

I am currently experimenting in this direction, binding entries to Elliott Waves.

The question is how to count Elliott waves. Do I use a program? I think with waves the main thing is money management. The beauty of waves is that the stops are close.

Mathemat:
SK. you didn't put "study maths" in blue. I'll do it for you, OK? All the more so because this idea is very close to me, even though I'm a dilettante...

I agree, all movements on Forex are pure mathematics.

I'm getting more and more convinced of that every day! :)

I believe there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

forexigrok писал (а) The question is how to count Elliott waves. Use a program? I think with waves it's all about money management. The beauty of waves is that the stops are close.

It's not how to count waves but what period to consider. If you analyse waves on a yearly basis, then the stops won't be quite bizco... :)

forexigrok:
I think there is more psychology in the market than mathematics

What is psychology in the market? Explain it to me.
Reason: