Is martin so bad? Or do you have to know how to cook it? - page 35

223231:

Who are you to prove anything to you? Why don't you throw in some more information about your bank accounts? No one knows how much I earn and they won't, there's no reason for that. I won't be replying to any more messages like that.

These are responses to your refined opinion of engineers, programmers included).

I guess we just misunderstood each other. I have a great attitude to engineers, real engineers have a different type of thinking from other people, it is unbiased thinking and the ability to find something new in already familiar things. Programmers all the more, these professions and professions really make you think, I think there are many useless professions, but engineers are the right people, that's why I wrote that I worked as an engineer myself! Unfortunately these fields don't pay enough (at least in my town), there are always exceptions of course.

I do not want to offend anyone or show doubt about their intelligence. The point is that I don't like it when people try to prove the ineffectiveness of an idea without understanding it and that's it)).

A lot of people have written about trend and flat. It's actually a very complicated question. What is a trend and what is a flat, how can you tell the difference?

I've been dealing in markets for 7 years. I've been dealing with markets for 7 years, I've tried to implement all described books, but I failed, I didn't manage to make profit. I started to think it was impossible to make profit in the market, but I met a man who was doing it professionally. He was making huge money (for me he was a dollar millionaire) just in the market. I tried to find out from him how he traded, but nothing worked. One day we were sitting and during argument, when I mentioned the words trend/float, he asked me what is a trend/float, how do you know if it is a trend? He told me that this is not a criterion to see, that there should be clear rules and that trends and free-flies are just conventions that have nothing to do with the market. It is a flat, or a trend break, or a trend reversal and if you zoom in on the chart it turns out to be a trend.

Thus, I have concluded that the notions of a trend and a flat cannot be applied without having specific criteria for estimating the market condition.

Let's each of us post here our specific conditions for clearly identifying the trend/flit. What does a trend look like, which conditions must be fulfilled for us to be able to say "YES to a trend", similarly to a flat. And as part of "martin this will also be useful".

Несколько способов определения тренда на MQL5
Несколько способов определения тренда на MQL5
  • Dmitriy Skub
  • www.mql5.com
Любой трейдер отдал бы многое за возможность безошибочного определения тренда в любой момент времени, и, пожалуй, это и есть тот самый Грааль, который все ищут. В данной статье мы рассмотрим несколько способов определения тренда, а точнее, как средствами языка MQL5 запрограммировать несколько классических способов определения тренда.

223231:

I guess we just misunderstood each other. I have a great attitude to engineers, real engineers have a different type of thinking from other people, it is unbiased thinking and the ability to find something new in already familiar things. Programmers all the more, these professions and professions really make you think, I think there are many useless professions, but engineers are the right people, that's why I wrote that I worked as an engineer myself! Unfortunately these fields don't pay enough (at least in my town), there are always exceptions of course.

I do not want to offend anyone or show doubt about their intelligence. The point is that I don't like it when people try to prove the ineffectiveness of an idea without understanding it and that's it)).

You said you were diversifying into 15 pairs, I said it was impossible. I do not like it when people argue without grounds, I graduated from the currency trader's course and passed the exam in 2002, when I was a student. We were not talking about a trend, but about diversification. The concept of trend, flat - on this point I agree with your millionaire).

223231:
Ah, so it's not your robot. Watched the video, understood a few of the ideas implemented in it, I'll try to apply a couple of ideas in mine. I was just looking for a way to increase my profit on the first position. Do you have any tests for 2000? It would be interesting to see how it works in different market situations.
Why not mine? It's mine.

223231:
As I understand it, the robot is averaging against the trend, and then at a certain moment it makes a reverse and continues to average against the trend. But the only mystery is how the distance between positions and the entry direction are calculated. Maybe the entry itself gives a good percentage of profitable trades?

Almost everything is correct, but after a reversal on a big trend, the share is already in the trend. The distance between entries is determined by the points of probable price reversal with high probability. It does not matter what you use for this - indicators, fundamentals, analytics from the Guru - the main thing is the probability higher than 60%.

Of course, if you buy on the chaos, then you can shout at the top of your lungs that Martin is a sinker.

Why not? Explain. I've analyzed the tester reports since year 2000, compared 40 pairs, the periods of frequent flips at different pairs at different times and never crossed each other. From this number I chose 10-15 pairs with the highest negative correlation, besides the channel width is different for all pairs and it is taken from the market.
On the subject of courses: it's not bragging, but I have taught courses on the foreign exchange market, given lectures, master classes and practical classes, and people have come.

223231:
Why can't you? Explain. I analyzed the reports from the tester since 2000, compared 40 pairs, the periods of frequent reversals at different pairs at different times, and never crossed each other. I've chosen 10-15 pairs with the highest negative correlation, besides the channel width is different for all pairs and it is taken from the market.
As for the courses: it's not a boast, but I have taught courses on the currency market, delivered lectures, master classes, workshops and people came.
If you bring the pairs that you have chosen, then compare the results, because the market is actually the same - it deflates and inflates synchronously, the presence of negative correlation is rather an exception than a rule, among 40 instruments you have to try to find 10-15.

I meant correlation by balance. Yes I agree that the market is 1, but I calculate the channel width for each pair separately and + fuzzy flip. In fact the channel is not a clear 50 pips, but a range of 50+80% (figures are arbitrary) and there is a gradual reversal in this channel. That is not a single position. The pairs are not a secret:

AUDJPY, USDCHF

AUDUSD, USDDKK

CADJPY, USDZAR

EURCHF, XAUUSD

EURUSD, CADCHF

GBPCHF, EURHKD

GBPUSD, USDNOK

NZDJPY , GBPJPY.

Of course there are highly correlated pairs, but they are not visible in the system. If EURCHF drops to 1.2 again, it will be of no use too, because it actually turns into EURUSD.

In fact, there is not only 1 market, but 13 markets. The reason is that there are 13 unique currencies including USD. In general, it is better to monitor the fundamentals.

223231:

I meant correlation by balance. Yes I agree that the market is 1, but I calculate the channel width for each pair separately and + fuzzy flip. In fact the channel is not a clear 50 pips, but a range of 50+80% (figures are arbitrary) and there is a gradual reversal in this channel. That is not a single position. The pairs are not a secret:

AUDJPY, USDCHF

AUDUSD, USDDKK

CADJPY, USDZAR

EURCHF, XAUUSD

EURUSD, CADCHF

GBPCHF, EURHKD

GBPUSD, USDNOK

NZDJPY , GBPJPY.

Of course there are highly correlated pairs, but they are not visible in the system. If EURCHF drops to 1.2 again, it will be of no use too, because it actually turns into EURUSD.

In fact, there is not only 1 market, but 13 markets. The reason is that there are 13 unique currencies including USD. In general it is better to look after the fundamentals.

To begin with we need a working TS with a normal profitability for each tool.

Diversify the system is not the most difficult task.

The main thing that after such diversification, the system did not work at 0, or even in the negative. Profitability falls markedly as a rule. If you ask me if I trade 70% pairs I don't want to, this is my opinion, of course I don't want to impose it on anyone.

Reason: