Questions from Beginners MQL5 MT5 MetaTrader 5 - page 1230

Vladimir Karputov:

if the thickness for both histograms is set to '3'

Vladimir, Vladimir... You've done a good piece of work for the answer. Thank you for that. But I don't understand.

I see that there are a few more buffers in my code. My histograms don't go in a row, the buffers are mixed up. Is that it?
I don't understand. Please explain to a fool what's going on here. Why my code doesn't work?

User_mt5:

Vladimir, Vladimir... You have done a good piece of work for the answer. Thank you for that. But I don't understand.

I see that there are a few more buffers in my code. My histograms don't go in a row, the buffers are mixed up. Is that it?
I don't understand. Please explain to a fool what's going on here. Why doesn't my code work?

Yes, "shuffled" is the problem.

I showed that two histograms like DRAW_HISTOGRAM2 work fine. All you have to do is carefully, following my style, add lines.

Remember - as soon as you start to get confused - write in standard style. That's the only way you'll see your mistakes straight away.

Vladimir Karputov:

Yes, "mixed" is the problem.

I've shown that two histograms like DRAW_HISTOGRAM2 work fine. All you have to do is carefully, adhering to my style, add lines.

Remember - as soon as you start to get confused - write in standard style. That's the only way you'll see your mistakes straight away.

Thank you again.
Still, the question remains. Do bar graphs have to be consecutive? This requirement is not described in the documentation, but even if it were, all the same:
what is the sense in it? Can you at least give me a hint?

(I have a big indicator, I had one histogram, now I need one more;
now I have to renumber several dozens of buffers)

I don't understand this mysterious MQL...

User_mt5:

Thank you again.
But the question remains. Do the histograms have to be in a row? This requirement is not described in the documentation, but even if it were,
what would be the point? Can you at least give me a hint?

(I have a big indicator, I had one histogram, now I need one more;

Draw a picture of how your lines should go ...

Vladimir Karputov:

Draw a picture of how your lines should go ...

In a real indicator? Oh no, that's long and unnecessary.

And in this example - the histograms should be framed by simple lines.

Now, of course, I will try to put the histograms in a row at the beginning of the buffer list, in the middle and at the end. Let's see which one works.

Thank you very much.

User_mt5:

Thank you again.
But the question remains. Do the histograms have to be in a row? This requirement is not described in the documentation, but even if it were,
what would be the point? Can you at least give me a hint?

(I have a big indicator, I had one histogram, now I need another one;

No, it doesn't have to.

But I have noticed that all calculation buffers (INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS) must come after data buffers for drawing (INDICATOR_DATA).

If at least one calculation buffer is inserted between the drawing buffers, all buffers that come after the calculation buffer are no longer displayed on the chart, but their values are displayed in the data window.

I haven't looked at your code, but it may help...

Artyom Trishkin:

No, it doesn't have to.

But I noticed that it is obligatory that all calculation buffers (INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS) must follow the buffers with data for drawing (INDICATOR_DATA).

If at least one calculation buffer is inserted between the drawing buffers, all buffers that come after the calculation buffer are no longer displayed on the chart, but their values are displayed in the data window.

How you have it in your code - didn't look at it, but maybe it helps...

Thanks for the reply.

Yes, apparently it should be, i.e. all the histograms need to be collected at the end.
I don't understand the point of this requirement though. But I'll check it now, for sure.

Thanks.

User_mt5:

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, apparently it should be like that, i.e. all histograms have to be collected at the end.
I don't understand the point of this requirement though. But I'll check it now, of course.

Thanks.

No, it shouldn't be like that. Did you read my previous answer carefully?

You made up your own meaning because of your own mistake.

Hi.

Please advise. I can't load demo versions of Expert Advisors from the Market into MT5 terminal, the following message is written in my journal:

2020.07.21 01:53:40.600 MQL5 Market failed to get info product (www.mql5.com:443 send failed [404: Not Found])

2020.07.21 01:53:40.600 MQL5 Market product [ XXXXX ] not found in the database

It all worked after updating internet explorer. Thank you.

Artyom Trishkin:

No, it doesn't have to be that way. Did you read my previous answer carefully?

You made up your own meaning because of your own mistake.

Yeah, I'm a bit floating...

My indicator has many calculation buffers, all of which have an index less than all the drawing buffers. In my case this works fine.

The problem is with drawings like DRAW_HISTOGRAM2. Apparently if you collect them at the bottom of the list, that should help.

I'll experiment with it.

Thanks.

Reason: