Interesting and Humour - page 4673

Edgar Akhmadeev:

I agree, we'll be proud when Russian robots catch up with Boston Dynamics and start to spread across the medical facilities with a diesel engine and a 500 kg manipulator, so that they have the strength to place medication on the tables.

As far as I understand the problems of the current coronovirus epidemic, there is no way to disperse it - the sick are even lying in the corridors.

And there's no cure for coronavirus.

We don't need robots, we need protective suits, masks and ventilators

Дмитрий:

We don't need robots, we need hazmat suits, masks and ventilation equipment.

Be gentle, everyone does what they do best. You don't do masks. The pandemic will pass and life goes on... And robots will be needed, so it's a work in progress. Within 5 years, robotaxis will be on city streets. I mean the legal issues. Putin has already signed a law allowing it. So we are waiting for the summer. In our suburbs, in the science town, it's been a year since they introduced free robot taxis. The area is small, but Yandex is ready for use. And so far, the main problem in the world is not technology, but laws.

I never said that Russia was ahead of the rest of the world. The main thing is to keep up. Today, Russia is in third place after the US and China in the field of AI. If you like, I think it is an achievement. There are more than two hundred countries in the world, and much richer ones. And democratic, if that matters in this case.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

BH Today, the RF is in third place after the US and China in the field of AI.

Is there a link to this ranking?

Has it overtaken Japan and European countries?

Кто мировой лидер в сфере искусственного интеллекта?
Кто мировой лидер в сфере искусственного интеллекта?
  • Gleb Chuvpilo
  • medium.com
Для определения вклада страны, региона или учреждения в статью и обеспечения того, чтобы они не учитывались более одного раза, индекс Nature использует дробный подсчет (ДП), который учитывает долю авторства по каждой статье. Общая сумма ДП, доступная для каждой статьи, равна 1, и она распределяется между всеми авторами при условии, что каждый...

Edgar Akhmadeev:
Isn't it time for a month's self-banning? Moscow is quarantined, there are 10,000 infected.

good evening, sorry to be out of the way, can you tell me something for a newbie...

If I buy an EA (5 copies) will all subsequent updates be available? Will they be free for all 5 copies?

Дмитрий:

Is there a link to this ranking?

Is Japan and European countries overtaken by it?

I have read so many different rankings, articles and opinions that you can pick and choose from them.

Some measure the publication index or citation index of scientists from countries. Here 100% ahead of the USA, all serious science in Russia is forced to publish there, in Russia it is, yes, a huge problem. The academic bureaucracy, the Russian Academy of Sciences, is an abomination.

Others measure it by the number of patents, which is also irrelevant.

Others measure by the number of start-ups.

Others by funds invested, etc.

I've given the place according to a compilation of the opinion of experts who deal with AI, precisely by actual achievements. That ranking varies among them too. The OECD, for example, recently said that the Russian Federation has overtaken China; the head of the Skolkovo Institute disagreed. A year ago Gref promised to bring Russia up to 5th place (in his opinion). And he should be listened to, he has several tens of thousands of programmers working there, primarily on AI, like nowhere else in the world. And I doubt they put scientific articles and patents first.

There is not and cannot be an official and accurate ranking. We have already seen the foreign rankings with the RF in place next to the poor African countries.

If someone was interested, at international championships on programming repeatedly took first place Russia, second - China, third - United States (whose team was 100% of Chinese).

But in general, yes, it is useless to prove, so let's assume that you have once again won.

TheXpert:
Isn't it time for a month's self-banning? Moscow is quarantined, there are 10,000 infected.

Probably a good idea, thank you.

- We're ranked this high!

- Are you sure?!? The ranking is low.

- In fact, all the rankings are untrue!

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Be gentle, everyone does what they do best. You don't do masks. The pandemic will pass and life goes on... And robots will be needed, so it's still a work in progress. Within 5 years, robotaxis will be on city streets. I mean the legal issues. Putin has already signed a law allowing it. So we are waiting for the summer. In our suburbs, in the science town, it's been a year since they introduced free robot taxis. The area is small, but Yandex is ready to go. And so far, the main problem in the world is not technology, but laws.

I never said that Russia was ahead of the rest of the world. The main thing is to keep up. Today, Russia is in third place after the US and China in the field of AI. If you like, it is an achievement in my opinion. There are more than two hundred countries in the world, and much richer ones. And democratic, if that matters in this case.

Third place in AI is not an achievement, it just means they have taken up AI. Any country that still does will be in 4th place.

Reason: