Interesting and Humour - page 4530

Uladzimir Izerski:

Yes, it's rocky, but it tugs at the heartstrings in a big way.

The word "but" was superfluous.

I remember in the late 70s, Australian Bee Gees were playing in Kaliningrad bars, and as students we were listening to Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago ...

And dancing to it -

Denis Nikolaev:
It's been on my mind a lot lately

I just don't want to leave such a post unanswered.

There are people who are God-given to make others happy with their abilities.

Uladzimir Izerski:

Yes, it's rock, but it hits you hard.

Because it's not commercial music. It's the music of the Russian soul. I mean Russian rock. That's why it's catchy, because the strings of the soul.

Sergey Golubev:

I remember in the late 70s, Australian Bee Gees were playing in Kaliningrad bars, and as students we were listening to Earth Wind and Fire and Chicago ...

And dancing to it.

The rhythm is a bit strange for a dance for me. The performance of the singers is good.

Artyom Trishkin:

Because it is not commercial music. This is music of Russian soul. I mean Russian rock. That's why it touches the strings of our soul.

I completely agree. These are the strings of our souls. That's what touches them.

Anyway, at that time (the 1970s) it was cool to get together and listen to Miles Davis and Pictures at an Exhibition by Mussorgsky and Weather Report...
And laugh at Parasider, admire Punkov from Chicago, and dance the Rumba Mama of the American band Weather Report.

Uladzimir Izerski:

The rhythm for the dance is a bit strange for me. The performance of the singers is good.

Today all disco seems to look the same, but back then we could tell the difference )).

People didn't have any other music. Well, apart from Leshchenko, Pesnyarov and others. Rock was for very few people, mostly pupils and students. The well known vocal group came to our town and there was a full house in the Sports Palace. The first part sang Komsomol and Soviet songs, the second part sang hits of Kiss and others, with a light show and smoke.

Edgar:

Today all disco seems to look the same, but back then we were somehow able to tell the difference ))

People didn't have any other music. Well, apart from Leshchenko, Pesnyarov and others. Rock was for very few people, mostly schoolchildren and students. A famous vocal group came to our town and there was a full house in the Sports Palace. First part they sang Komsomol and Soviet songs, second part - hits of Kiss etc., with light show and smoke.

That's history.

Exhaled with regret.

And when you realize that our Russian kokoshnikas (and they are not ours), and birch trees (also there in the north), and songs like "Oh, the raspberry blossom", and that lingering "o", and so on - all that is Chinese (from the north of China), that is - not ours...
I was shocked at first, when I understood all that...

Then I started listening to their songs. But only the songs that are close to us are Taiwanese (a mix of Western and Chinese style).
The others are hard to listen to ...
Reason: