I don't get it))

What year of birth are you?

Dmitry Fedoseev:
What year were you born?

You're not FSB? 1980

Alexandr Saprykin:

You're not FSB? 1980

I think you're FSB.

With a year like that you can't know what the USSR is.

Alexandr Saprykin:

I don't get it))

I remember - a Beatles record came out once, but as the word Beatles could not be written (and the Soviet state company didn't want to mess up the name of the ensemble), it was just written as a band (or VIA), the record was quickly picked up. And then they banned Pink Floyd some albums - they couldn't bring them into the country (for sailors). Jazz was allowed in. Records (foreign) were traded with each other under great secrecy (so that nobody could see them), although stamps and coins (numismatics) could be collected - there were different clubs where people exchanged and bought/sold them. But you couldn't collect records. I was in the late seventies until about 1982/1984.

Dmitry Fedoseev:

I think you are FSB.

With a year like that, you can't know what the USSR is.

Mm-hmm. And I didn't eat my favourite three-penny buns.)
I get it. It's Depeche Mode. I still have my Depeche tapes. I used to like them a lot, now my tastes have changed. But I didn't recognise them in the face on the poster - there were no pictures on the cassettes.

Sergey Golubev:
I remember - a Beatles record came out once, but as the word Beatles could not be written (and the Soviet state company did not want the name of the ensemble to be confused), it was simply written as a band (or VIA) and the record was quickly picked up. And then they banned Pink Floyd some albums - they couldn't bring them into the country (for sailors). Jazz was allowed in. Records (foreign) were traded with each other under great secrecy (so that nobody would see them), but stamps and coins (numismatics) could be collected - there were different clubs where people exchanged and bought/sold them. But you couldn't collect records. I was around that time - sometime in the late seventies - up to 1982/1984.

I've been collecting stamps since I was about five too, still have my entire collection. Maybe someday the collection will go up in value, great-grandchildren will sell them and become millionaires.
There are some records with the Beatles too. I don't remember the year of issue, but I do remember the Beatles written on the packaging.

You could collect stamps and coins and even buy them from each other. But while I was figuring out which ones were valuable and which weren't, there were five albums of stamps that were cheap ... it was only then that I started to understand which ones were valuable and which weren't. But my interest in collecting them faded (because it wasn't forbidden). On the other hand, it was difficult with the records. The main collectors of records were university teachers, and many of them had large and then valuable collections. I (a student at the time) had everything by Chicago (even their quadruplet was four records in one album). Many of those collectors now work as music editors for public and private TV and radio.

Sergey Golubev:
Stamps and coins could be collected and even bought from each other. But while I was figuring out which ones were valuable and which were not, I collected five albums of stamps that were cheap ... it was only then that I started to understand which ones were valuable and which weren't. But my interest in collecting them faded (because it wasn't forbidden). On the other hand, it was difficult with the records. The main collectors of records were university teachers, and many of them had large and then valuable collections. I (a student at the time) had everything by Chicago (even their quadruplet was four records in one album). Many of those collectors now work as music editors for public and private TV and radio.

Well, such collectors were clearly only from big cities. In our small town there were clearly no such collectors. We had no universities, no TV, no radio).

Alexandr Saprykin:

Well, such collectors were clearly only from big cities. In our small town there were clearly no such collectors. We had no universities, no TV, no radio).

Rather there were, only you didn't know them.

Alexandr Saprykin:

I don't know about very big cities - Kaliningrad was not a small town back then, but still less than a million people, and it was a closed city.
The gathering of these bands with students (who played western bands on their guitars right there in the street) took place in a park in front of the Baltic Fleet Headquarters (five meters from the entrance), next to the KGB building (all buildings are former German military buildings). There was a kind of a buzz about doing things very close to such institutions that one should not.

And a little further away in the same square, those who were building model ships, etc., would gather. - there was a sort of pond in the park (about three by five metres), next to a German sculpture of two moose, to which students painted eggs every night (and the policemen and janitors scrubbed off the paint every morning) ... I didn't paint them (there were plenty of people willing to paint them). I think they still paint them now, but mostly at Easter.
Reason: