How sad it is... - page 6

Vasily Temchenko:

My view of these benefits:
1. The real performance is generated by the DC, not the terminal.
If the DC is slowing down execution, then MT5 will not help speed it up.
Where execution is normal, a difference of a few milliseconds has no significant impact on the final financial result.

It's not about that speed.
It's about the speed that allows MT5 to be the most powerful platform for algorithmic trading.

It's also about the speed that allows you to create any of the custom GUIs you're lamenting about.
Try running two identical codes on two platforms and you'll see what I mean:

• for MT5 - here
  • for MT4 - in attached file.
Files:

Georgiy Merts:
Well, so why do you need MT5 ? Use MT4 and don't sweat it...

I do all my testing exclusively in MT5 and the robots trade exclusively in MT4. There is no difference. If you have an MT5 account, these robots will work on it without the slightest change.

But, as has been pointed out above - you're thinking solely about Yourself. Forgetting that MQL releases Metatrader for HIS own enrichment.

You want MT5 to have everything you pointed out, or even you want MT4 back - justify the possibility of MetaQuotes profiting from such actions. And I assure you it will be done. All your talk about "MT5 is a step backwards" is not supported by money exactly. MetaQuotes on MT5 have raised their profits very nicely. So how can you claim it's a "step backwards" ?

Well, thank you. I don't see any likes here - I would have. You're the only one who has the courage to call things by their proper names instead of continuing with your demagogic nonsense.
Yeah, I agree. If migration to MT5 brought them additional profit (and it did - brokers have to pay both for MT4 and MT5, because they can not lag behind the competition), then they don`t care about crude platform.
By the way, Melkosoft released their windup in a degree of incompetence five times higher than MT5. But it secured the market. I don't think Bill and his company will be able to move it in the nearest future.

SZ
I cannot use MT5 in full at least because the input fields in the tester are rigidly refusing to work, and without it I cannot make settings in visual mode, which breaks an established algorithm for years. The only solution is to write duplicates on MT4 (for settings) or to make them cross-platform at once.

And why are you so angry?

I understand what Topik-Starter is trying to do (it's not just favorite forum threads) - he wanted and started to write an article a la textbook on MQL, but was sent on an erotic journey by amateurs.

Of course, it hurts his feelings and it hasn't made the 5th platform any more popular.

But the language in 4 and 5 is the same. Maybe there are nuances in the wilderness of pattern opening, but hardly. The terminal API differs not in the most convenient way for 5-that's for sure,
And there is no official compat-library to at least from 4 to 5 to port the software. There are works of fxsaber, but they are non-standard and not included.

In fact, the topic was born because instead of help and advice the author (who wanted to do something for everyone) was rather brutally rejected. By the way, he is lucky that he was not banned :-).

Maxim Kuznetsov:

And why are you so angry?

I understand what Topik-Starter is trying to do (it's not just favorite forum threads) - he wanted and started to write an article a la textbook on MQL, but was sent on an erotic journey by amateurs.

Of course, it hurts his feelings and it hasn't made the 5th platform any more popular.

But the language is the same in 4 and 5. Maybe there are nuances in the wilderness of pattern unlocking, but I doubt it. Terminal APIs differ not in the most convenient way for 5-that's true,
And there is no official compat-library to at least from 4 to 5 to port the software. There are works of fxsaber, but they are non-standard and not included.

In fact, the topic was born because instead of help and advice the author (who wanted to do something for everyone) was rather brutally rejected. By the way, he's lucky that he hasn't been banned :-)

This is the forum for trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Questions to Moderators

Vasily Temchenko, 2020.01.20 14:06

I am currently writing an article. It's big and I hope it will be useful.
But since before I wrote it here I wrote only robots and blog, so there are some confusing moments and questions.
First obscure.
Looking through articles written by other authors showed quite a big structural difference between English and Russian versions. The figures are different and the structure of texts is not always the same.
On the edit page I do not see language tabs similar to those in the description of the robots.
In this regard, questions:

• How do I translate?
  • In what language should I place captions on drawings? In English only, in English and Russian or in two versions of the drawing?

Also. Viewing a saved version is not the same as a published article. Unlike the blog, I can 't see how the article will look after publication, I can't check how the anchor links work, etc. And I'd like to write everything teer-top...
Am I misunderstanding something or reviewing in the wrong way, or is it really not possible to view the article in the "as after publication" version

And there is one more request that is not directly related to the writing of the article. Just asking for help, because if after submitting the article for review a moderator asks something, I won't be able to answer.
For several months now I cannot reply to anybody in the built-in messenger. The text I have written just disappears into thin air when I click "Send". I checked it with three browsers and the result is the same. Where's the hatch? If I was guilty of sending spam via messenger, it would be understandable - it's a punishment. But not only did I not send out spam, but I used messenger very seldom at all.

Forum about trading, automated trading systems and trading strategies testing

Questions to Moderators

Rashid Umarov, 2020.01.23 11:10.

Unfortunately, we do not publish the articles on MQL4 at present

Are you sure he was rejected by the profs?

Artyom Trishkin:
Are you sure he's been turned down by the profs?

Yes, I'm sure.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/330916#comment_14709636

As long as you're making bots, you'll still be a cobbler. Once you start writing EAs, indicators and other programs, your world will be turned upside down.

In the meantime, just bots...

And the admins+developers, not marketing geniuses either :-)

Вопросы к модераторам
Вопросы к модераторам
  • www.mql5.com
Я сейчас пишу статью. Большую и, надеюсь, полезную...

Maxim Kuznetsov:

Yes, I'm sure.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/330916#comment_14709636

And admins+developers, not marketing geniuses either :-)

That's right. As long as there are "bots", "owls", "turkeys" and other childish jargon in the mind, everything will remain childish.

My second son-in-law is 30 years old and he's still "zyko", "chepato", "cool" and "cool". He's also a handyman himself. Therefore - associations with ...

And the admins+developers aren't marketing geniuses either :-)

"What a pity that all those who know how to run a state are already working as taxi drivers or barbers" Francois Mitterrand

Sorry, didn't notice earlier that it's a BEAUTIFUL shit of yours. I recall seeing that picture somewhere else.
Before you make jokes like that, why don't you go to your profile and look at the age of the "nerdy kid"?
I pity you if you're so serious about common abbreviations. If you don't like the word, don't use it, but there's no need to be rude to others.

Вопросы к модераторам
Вопросы к модераторам
  • www.mql5.com
Я сейчас пишу статью. Большую и, надеюсь, полезную...

Programmer96:

I cannot fully use MT5 at least because input fields in the tester categorically do not want to work, and without it I cannot make settings in visual mode, which breaks the tried and tested algorithm of settings. The only solution is to write duplicates on MT4 (for settings) or make them cross-platform at once.

That's right, the code should be cross-platform. As most people here have been writing for a long time now.

And all the problems disappear at once. I personally got into algorithmic trading in 2012, at that time MT5 was not available in all brokerage companies, however, even then I saw that it would develop, and I started to write cross-platform code. At first there were a lot of differences and there were limitations on TC - you couldn't use many orders in MT4, but with the change of MT4 to MQL5 and appearance of hedging in MT5 the difference of MT4-5 disappeared for me.

Georgiy Merts:

That's right,the code should be cross-platform. As most people have been writing here for a long time.

And all the problems immediately disappear. I personally got into algorithmic trading in 2012, MT5 was not available in all brokerage companies, however, even then I saw that it would develop, and I started to write cross-platform code. At first there were a lot of differences and there were limitations on TC - you couldn't use many orders in MT4, but with the change of MT4 to MQL5 and appearance of hedging in MT5 the difference of MT4-5 disappeared for me.

The code currently has to be free of all unnecessary features. Remember the time when one broker had quotes of 2 and 4 digits and the other 3 and 5 digits. At that time, everyone wrote the condition if(Digits() == 3 || Digits() ==5) and another variant if(Digits()%2 == 1). Unless you are a stranger who cannot assemble anything but dice.

Alexey Viktorov:

The code should be without any unnecessary gimmicks at this point. Remember the time when one brokerage company had quotes of 2 or 4 digits, and the other one - 3 or 5. At that time, everyone wrote the condition if(Digits() == 3 || Digits() ==5) and another variant if(Digits()%2 == 1). Unless you are a stranger who cannot assemble anything but dice.

This is how I have always written and will continue to do so. I'm used to doing all calculations in points

Reason: