Interesting and Humour - page 1193

Today is the 11th of May...

"Pot, don't boil it" (c) :)

i_logic:

Today is the 11th of May...

"Pot, don't boil it" (c) :)

you're wrong, today is Saturday, which means a whole weekend ahead ))

I decided to go for a run. I ran a couple of kilometres. Had to call a taxi to get home...
I was going to do some abs before I went to bed. I woke up this morning with my hands on the back of my head and my feet under the sofa.

Mathemat:

Immediately after the War the official view of losses "for the people" was 1 million. This was Stalin's view. The revision only began with Khrushchev's thaw.

That's the story.

But don't twist history.

The Pravda newspaper of March 14, 1946 quoted:

"As a result of the German invasion, the Soviet Union irrevocably lost about seven million people in battles with the Germans, as well as through German occupation and the deportation of Soviet people to German penal servitude." © Stalin.

What million can we talk about, if only in the Battle of Stalingrad according to official figures the losses in the Red Army units: 1,129,619 people, of whom 478,741 were irrevocable?

Erm955:
You see, there are no facts or truths in an absolute sense! There is only a certain point of view on them, naturally subjective. Therefore, historians and journalists alike are a profession. As in any profession, there are professionals at different levels. In the same way one can accuse anyone of unprofessionalism. But my point of view: "All kinds of people are important, all kinds of people are needed! And one should form one's opinion, if possible, from various sources. Including from "whores", yellow press, white press, historians, psychics, theologians, etc.
unquestionably

Reshetov: Just don't twist history.
I already admitted in the same post that I was wrong.