Interesting and Humour - page 822

IgorM:
I too have something to compare it to, you liked the film - OK, I think it's overplayed and a lot of focus on delusional fantasies - if you know, delusions are rarely memorable ;)
So you're comparing it to the wrong thing, that's why it seems overplayed. And delirium is remembered, yes, rarely, but aptly. )))

tol64:

Have you ever experienced thirst? And hallucinations? What kind of hallucinations are there and do you know what they are? Fever? A high fever with accompanying delirium. And if you consider that the man is constantly in a semi-standing position, does not eat or sleep properly and has his hand pinned by a 300-kilogram boulder that crushed his hand and he has to dare to cut it off, everything should be understandable. Take into account the physical characteristics of the person as well. Or is it still not clear? ))

I'm not just saying that. Purely from my own life experience. I have a lot to compare it to. ))

Thirsty? I've been there. Thirst is not as bad as you make it out to be. A year ago I didn't eat or drink anything for 11 days, i.e. not at all. The desire to eat and drink disappears after three days completely (and up to that point, it's not that strong). There is no thirst at all. About the seventh or eighth day, sleep vanishes completely, and you're like that dolphin, awake 24 hours a day. And you have to move all the time, even if it's on the spot, like that negro on hinges, but you have to move. Hallucinations? I wish I'd had one, even on the 11th day. Nope. Not one. I know how they are. You can't confuse hallucinations with fantasies.)

alexx_v: There was no anaesthesia in the version I saw.

I meant narcotics when I said anaesthesia. I should have put anaesthesia in quotes.

alexx_v:

I meant narcotics when I said anaesthesia, I should have put anaesthesia in quotes right away.

So there was no such thing there at all. In the whole film, I didn't see him taking anything like that. Maybe I have a filtered version of the film. I mean, it happens that some scenes are cut and there are a couple of versions.

Was there something like that? Still in my memory after watching it. ))

//---

And about the craving and the feeling. There's a difference when you do it consciously (yourself) and when you don't want to do it at all + many other nuances. In a greenhouse, why not go hungry for a pick-me-up. )))

Integer:

No hallucinations are shown there. It shows thoughts, fantasies of dreams. A day or two later, pictures of soda pop are shown, clearly not hallucinations, but heightened desire. The main question about such situations is what the character was feeling and thinking, and that is what is shown in the film.

It's exactly a hallucination. When you really want a glass of mineral water you don't see it in the bottle in front of you, you would remember it the last time you saw it or drank it. That's how the director would have conveyed the exacerbated desire by showing such a picture. And when a person sees details of the interior of his flat in a crevice (a sofa with friends or who was there?), it's not an exacerbated desire to see his family - it's a classic hallucination. The director would have conveyed the exacerbated desire with another image, similar to mineral water.

He could go away, of course, without food and he is thin, you can go away in three days, and even sleep standing up, i.e. not sleep at all.

He wouldn't have gotten away from it in ten days.

They lied, there must have been a lot of blood, and he did not meet the tourists at once.

This one, though, Dim, it's fair game. There shouldn't be much blood. First of all, it goes down to minus 30% of normal. Secondly, it gets thicker. He put the tourniquet on before.

I did not notice any pretentiousness, on the contrary, rather boring and tedious, the goal was to truly reflect the events and thoughts, and it turned out very well.

And it should be even more boring and tedious to be realistic, but it would have failed at the box office.

tol64:

Was there anything like that? Still in my memory after watching it. ))

Didn't notice.

The arm was sort of shattered, he could have adapted to the pain in so many days, the nerve channels could have been blocked, and the arm could have been numb from the pressure. That's the hardest part, how he managed and didn't pass out in the process.

tol64:

So there was no such thing there at all. In the whole film, I didn't see him taking anything like that. Maybe I have a filtered version of the film. That is, it happens that some scenes are cut out and there are a couple of versions walking around.

That's what I was saying, I'm ruling out the possibility that he was taking something :) What's the argument about? :)

alexx_v:
It's a hallucination. When you really want to have a soda, you don't see it in the bottle in front of you, you would remember it when and where you last saw it or drank it. That's how the director would have conveyed the exacerbated desire by showing such a picture. And when a person sees details of the interior of his flat in a crevice (a sofa with friends or who was there?), it's not an exacerbated desire to see his family - it's a classic hallucination. The director would have conveyed the exacerbated desire with another image, similar to mineral water.

He wouldn't have gotten away from it in ten days.

This one, though, Dim, is fair game. There shouldn't be much blood. First of all, it goes down to minus 30% of normal. Second, it gets thicker. He put the tourniquet on before.

And it should be even more boring and tedious to be realistic, but it would have failed at the box office.

Nah, if the director wanted to show hallucinations, he would have given them unreality, unreal colours, shapes. How would you show thoughts?

It's not a fact that the heightened desire would be expressed by a past situation, maybe an idealised image. And that sofas seemed to be somewhere in the rocks, it could have been dreams, a distorted perception in a drowsy state. Events in the film are highly compressed, hence such abrupt switches. To say whether he was hallucinating or thinking, you can only ask him if he was confused about reality or not. Jargon fantasy pictures are not delusional or morbid, but when reality and fantasy get mixed up... but there was no hint of that in the film.

alexx_v: Так и я о том же говорил, что исключаю варианты, что он что-то принимал :) О чем спор? :)

Then I must have misunderstood. You wrote there that you were ruling that point out. ))

alexx_v:

Tell us how you fasted (without food or water "at all") for 11 days.

1. was it in the lotus position and meditation without lifting a finger the whole time to conserve energy and fluids?

2. or was it 11 days trying to get out from under a rock that came crashing down on you?

)))

Integer:

Nah, if the director wanted to show hallucinations, he would have given them unreality, unreal colours, shapes. How would you show thoughts?

It's not a fact that the heightened desire would be expressed by a past situation, maybe an idealised image. And that sofas seemed to be somewhere in the rocks, it could have been dreams, a distorted perception in a drowsy state. Events in the film are highly compressed, hence such abrupt switches. To say whether he was hallucinating or thinking, you can only ask him if he was confused about reality or not. Jargon fantasy pictures are not delusional or morbid, but when reality and fantasy get mixed up... but there wasn't a hint of that in the film.

I guess I should read the book. )) Aaron himself wrote it. It is called "Between a Hammer and an Anvil". In Russian nowhere have not met.

P.S. Although there's already http://www.ozon.ru/context/detail/id/5801074/.

I need to find a free variant. ))

Integer:

It's not a fact that the heightened desire would be expressed by a past situation, maybe an idealised image. And that sofas seemed to be somewhere in the rocks, it could have been dreams, a distorted perception in a drowsy state.

If he were not in a cleft, pinned down by a rock and no water, but at a party and under something (or everything at once), then there would be unreal forms with and without flowers, a la Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas :)

ZS: I think the editor of the wall newspaper will come, look at all this and will go on a 4 for a heated discussion here :))

Reason: