Errors, bugs, questions - page 562

x100intraday:

If they obviously refer tobuffer_num, the necessity of preliminary binding of the receiving array to the indicator buffer with one or another order number through SetIndexBuffer is obviously implied, probably, INDICATOR_CALCULATIONS. But,"if we want to copy some values of the indicator to another array (not the indicator buffer)", we cannot talk about anybuffer_num, because it's not indicator, and we haven't bound it to anything by definition.

You want to copy the values from some indicator. Each indicator has at least one indicator buffer with values. This is the index of this buffer(from where you want to copy it). How can you understand ambiguity?

Rosh:
You want to copy the values from some indicator. Every indicator has at least one indicator buffer with values. This is the index of this buffer(from where you want to copy). How can it be understood ambiguously?
We are speaking about the index of the buffer of a ready (e.g., built-in) indicator, whose handle we take, and not the index of those buffers that we bind in our code for further filling. I understand now, thanks for the answer. I thought the comment clearly said: "// indicator buffer number" but I had a strange idea until it was shown to me. I was writing-writing the indicator, I see that it works, but I feel that it shouldn't. Now I see that it should.

However, it isn't strange that the programmer who studies the documentation on writing indicators doesn't distinguish immediately which indicator buffers are meant. The programmer writes his indicator (where one should not forget to associate this and that by assigning the appropriate indexes), and there is an opportunity to call handles of ready indicators that also have their own buffers with indexes. An experienced programmer understands the difference at a glance, while the rest cannot distinguish a difference at once.

Perhaps, these differences should be additionally emphasized to speed up mastering of the documentation, so to say, "to prick ears". The reference has the necessary and sufficient minimum, but there are people who are tired, stunned and especially gifted like me, who somehow do not get it right away.

Here is the error - created a candle (eg EURUSD, H3, 9.11.11 0:00), started the next one, VOLUME value 0:00 - 7395, I saved the file. Ended candle 3:00, then I saved it and found out that the VOLUME for 0:00 has inexplicably changed - became 6055. This happens all the time - the VOLUME values of previous candlesticks are changing chaotically. It is clear that the technical indicators with VOLUME can not be used - their previous values will also float back and forth.

Please advise, I have 7 buffers INDICATOR_DATA in my indicator,

How can I set or prohibit displaying buffers on the chart through, say, input bool, so the scale will not be scaled by a non-displayed buffer?

Thanks...

Olegts:

How can I set or prohibit displaying buffers on the chart through, say, an input bool, so that the scale is not scaled by a non-displayed buffer?

Look at the article Drawing Styles in MQL5, there is an example of an indicator that changes its appearance depending on the external parameter.

Rosh:
Have a look at the article Drawing Styles in MQL5, there is an example of an indicator that changes its appearance depending on an external parameter.
Thank you very much

On the demo, the quotes sometimes freeze (there's a connection but no movement).

P.S. Please fix it, it's very annoying!

Arkadiy:
Here is the error - created a candle (eg EURUSD, H3, 9.11.11 0:00), started the next one, VOLUME value 0:00 - 7395, I saved the file. Ended candle 3:00, then I saved it and found out that the VOLUME for 0:00 has inexplicably changed - became 6055. This happens all the time - the value of VOLUME changes chaotically in previous candlesticks. It is clear that technical indicators with VOLUME cannot be used - their previous values will also drift back and forth.
The mess continues - I have just downloaded EURUSD H4 12:00 candle (VOLUME=26004) and VOLUME value for the 8:00 candle has changed (from 23567 to 24554). We will see in 4 hours how the value for 12:00 will change.

Arkadiy:
The mess continues - I just downloaded EURUSD H4 12:00 candle (VOLUME=26004) and the value of VOLUME for 8:00 candle has changed (from 23567 to 24554). Let's see in 4 hours how the value for 12:00 changes.
Again - (I said VOLUME=26004 then) and now at 12:00 it is listed as 26397. It offends any lack of responses to the topic, gentlemen.
Reason: