Errors, bugs, questions - page 2989

traveller00:

Is it something broken or is it a feature now?

it's a common occurrence, it will probably work as usual tomorrow

sable57fx:

1. Printing should show the number of seconds elapsed since 1970. Instead it shows a nicely formatted date in the format yy.mm.dd hh:mm:ss. So how do I know the number of seconds?

Print("sec = ",(int)TimeCurrent());

MetaEditor v5.00 build 2842 crashes when trying to open some.mq5 files(normal, zero or unreadable two-byte size) from the left side ofIndicators folder or trying to create a new indicator. Windows 10 x64 Version 10.0.19042.870. Everything was fine before, I didn't change the operating system. I had a spare profile(Admin profile) - opening the same files there also causes the editor to crash. Before all that, the editor had closed and wouldn't start at all, until I've deleted a couple of "empty".mq5 files, which actually had 2 bytes in size, but in Notepad they looked absolutely empty and when I tried to overwrite those invisible two symbols and save them (Notepad didn't mind, files were not read only) they remained the same.

Of course, tried to reinstall the terminal - didn't help.

Contents ofmetaeditor.log:

2       2021.03.25 00:28:47.988 Terminal        crashlog generated
2       2021.03.25 00:28:48.668 Terminal        crashlog finalized

2       2021.03.25 00:29:06.838 Terminal        crashlog generated
2       2021.03.25 00:29:07.528 Terminal        crashlog finalized

2       2021.03.25 00:45:03.528 Terminal        crashlog generated
2       2021.03.25 00:45:04.318 Terminal        crashlog finalized
Nothing interesting in the neighbouring logs. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

x572intraday:

MetaEditor v5.00 build 2842 crashes when trying to open .mq5 file(normal, zero or unreadable two-byte size) from the left side ofIndicators folder or trying to create a new indicator. Windows 10 x64 Version 10.0.19042.870. Everything was fine before, I didn't change the operating system. I had a spare profile(admin profile) - everything works fine there. That's why I decided to replaceconfig folder from there: now in former profile some files started to open, but in the rest of the profile everything still crashes. Yes, and before all that, the editor had closed and wouldn't start at all, until I've removed a couple of "empty".mq5 files, which actually were 2 bytes in size, but in Notepad they looked absolutely empty and when I tried to overwrite those invisible two characters and save them (Notepad didn't mind, the files were not read only) they remained the same.

Of course, tried to reinstall the terminal - didn't help.

Contents ofmetaeditor.log:

Nothing interesting in the neighbouring logs. Or am I looking in the wrong place?

There is an answer in the profile thread for the current build:

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 5 build 2815: Access to the Depth of Market from Python, Improvements in the Debugger and Profiler

Denis, 2021.03.24 11:00

Vladimir Karputov:

When I try to create an mqh file the editor crashes.

I am trying to create one:

Editor crashes.

Crash will be fixed in the next build.

Is it possible to implement logins and passwords stored by the terminal with access points to servers in the bases, something like KeePass?

How annoying it is to have to reset all the accounts, update the software, reset the terminal, activate the software, in general it's always a complete surprise.

You could carry this database around with you, store it in the cloud, whatever, it's impossible to hack it. In the terminal we simply point the path to the base and voila! - Happiness, peace of mind and tranquillity.

Unreliability of storing databases in the terminal in terms of unexpected database resets is more dangerous than its supposed reliability - you have to store passwords somewhere, and extra fuss with them always causes a risk of their leakage.

This week in Chrome this behaviour has started to occur.

1. I go to MQL5.com Favorites and see an unread topic.
  2. I click on it and then Back to Favorites.
  3. In Favorites it shows as if the topic has not been read. It can be solved only with F5 in my browser.
Does this work for me?

fxsaber:

3. In Favorites it shows as if the topic has not been read. It can be solved only with F5 in my browser.
Does it work for me?

It is the same on my phone in Favorites. Read, return, topic not read, reloaded, read.

fxsaber:

3. In Favorites it shows as if the topic has not been read. It can be solved only with F5 in the browser.
Does this work for me?
Yeah, I only noticed it yesterday.

What is the reason that from some MT5 Servers the ticks are being downloaded at a huge speed and from others very slowly?

fxsaber:

3. In Favorites it shows as if the topic has not been read. It can be solved only with F5 in the browser.
Does it work for everyone?

It's a far cry from this week. Plus, it's always been like that with back in Yandex. The thing is, after I've read a topic I've pressed 'favourites' and it's marked unread again (if I go in there's nothing new there!) and so on several times in a row, yeah, it's been happening for a very long time.

Only the "head" of the site has a "hairy paw" and does not care what we do not like. He pushes what he sees fit (for himself)! I've been saying that for a very long time...

Please help me to understand this.

With the previous version of MT5 the testing on historical data worked correctly, with the latest version of MT5(2842 of 23.03.21) I see a problem with StartIndex() in the Standard library when testing on historical data, while on real data it works fine.

Working with a closed bar ( m_every_tick=false)

SignalMACD.mqh:

int CSignalMACD::ShortCondition(void)
  {
   int result=0;
   int idx   =StartIndex();
   //---
   double main_idx  = Main(idx);
   double main_1    = Main(1);

When debugging on history, I go into this particular line and get various multi-digit numbers instead of 1 from "m_every_tick?0:1".

ExpertBase.mqh:
   virtual int       StartIndex(void) { return((m_every_tick?0:1)); }

Until I restart the editor with the terminal, I get stably one number, after restart a new number, also stably until the next restart: 552894800, 655556464, 480217696.

On real data:

On historical data:

Selectable Expert Advisor (standard / custom); timeframe; max bars in the terminal window have no effect on the problem, all the same.
Reason: