Errors, bugs, questions - page 198

Question to the developers (I remember there was talk of mutually cancelable orders (MCAs) being introduced in MT5).

What is the current status of this question?

I am asking because I need to decide whether to implement these orders myself or to wait for a standard solution...

OCO orders were not planned as their functionality is embedded in the more efficient integrated StopLoss and TakeProfit.

Renat:
We have not planned OCO orders because their functionality is based on the more effective integrated StopLoss and TakeProfit.

It is not always appropriate to use SL and TP. For example if not all positions need to be closed...

No we won't, we'll make it on our own (we need OCO orders anyway), as well as execution orders.

PS

Especially since we already said at the very beginning that OCO orders for "different symbols" need to be implemented independently.

Ashes:

First question: Yes.

Second: I probably didn't express myself clearly enough. I am NOT COMPILING the EA at all, just copying it (received as .ex5) into Metatrader's EA folder.

There is still a question about Old tick, which was during testing yesterday (2 runs with a small gap between them), but disappeared today...

In the terminal's help it's written to call the navigator update to reread the contents of MQL5 folder.

And about your very first comment

MetaTrader and MetaEditor do not always appear in the system tray

If you do not mind, please show a screenshot.

DennisArt:

Hello!

I set up the layout of the windows in mt5 as it is convenient for me to work, I save the profile.

When I open the program next time, instead of my view, all my charts open in small windows, filling the whole workspace.

How do I remember the size and position of the windows?

I close the programme with a "cross". A specific profile has been saved - I have checked, it is the one that is loaded when the program is loaded. I have write rights too. Tried running as admin, adjusted view, closed, reopened, and again neatly opened ALL small windows all over workspace.

I have Win7, MT5 installed not in default folder, but for example d:\soft\mt5.

If I make changes to the profile, they are saved, but the location and size of the windows are not!
Not enough screenshots before closing the terminal (windows are OK) and immediately after opening the terminal to get a complete picture.

alexvd:
Not enough screenshots before closing the terminal (windows are OK) and immediately after opening the terminal to get a complete picture.

text:

Hello!

I set up the layout of the windows in mt5 as it is convenient for me to work, save the profile.

When I open the program next time, all my charts open in small windows filling the whole workspace instead of my view.

How do I remember the size and position of the windows?

I close the programme with a "cross". A specific profile has been saved - I have checked, it is the one that is loaded when the program is loaded. I have write rights too. Tried running as admin, adjusted view, closed, reopened, and again neatly opened ALL small windows all over workspace.

I have Win7, MT5 installed not in default folder, but for example d:\soft\mt5.

If I make changes to the profile, they are saved, but the location and size of the windows are not!
Files:
ca.jpg  437 kb
sy0t6.jpg  727 kb

ca.jpg(436.61 KB) - before closing the MT5 program
sy0t6.jpg(726.54 KB) - after running the program again

Can you tell me if the current version of the language allows to delete an indicator programmatically from the EA?

Adding works - ChartIndicatorAdd , by analogy it should beChartIndicatorRemove?

IndicatorRelease - releases indicator handle, but indicator graphic lines do not disappear.

Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartIndicatorAdd - Документация по MQL5

Vigor:

Can you tell me if the current version of the language allows you to remove the indicator programmatically from the EA?

No, except to close the chart with this indicator.
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartClose
Документация по MQL5: Операции с графиками / ChartClose
  • www.mql5.com
Операции с графиками / ChartClose - Документация по MQL5

Rosh:

Thanks, that's a pity. It's a bit cramped in terms of options. The terminal end menu has both "remove indicator window" and "remove indicator" separately. I expected to see "remove indicator" function in API, assuming that it was forgotten to be reflected in documentation. Can we hope it will appear? Because its implementation in the terminal is already there?

P.S. And you cannot delete a subwindow on a chart as well. yes, indeed, only the whole chart. The functions that allow you to do "everything in the chart" (enable/disable/change parameters/combine indicators with one click or depending on trading conditions) would be useful in the chart panel.
Reason: