Errors, bugs, questions - page 1505

Alexey Kozitsyn:

As far as I know, you can load any quote into MT4. But by default the chart is based on bid (forex) prices.

If you don't believe me, here's a bit from the help:

• Show Ask Line - show/hide the Ask level of the latest quote. The terminal constructs and displays bars only Bid prices. However, at opening of long positions and closing of the short ones, the Ask price is always used. It is not shown on the chart in any way, and cannot be seen. To control one's trading activity more precisely, one can enable the "Show Ask line" parameter. After executing this command, an additional horizontal line will appear on the chart, corresponding to the Ask price of the last bar.

No. There is a chart which is built on Bid price and there is one which is built on Ask price.

Help is not correct.

George Merts:

Greetings, everyone.

Here's a question. MT5, build 1241.

Where are the commissions set (where do they come from) ?

I have not debugged it for several months. Today I wrote a simple Expert Advisor and ran it. Smoothly decreasing deposit. I started to analyze it and understood that the commission is constantly charged from each order. I do not know why such a chart appeared before (forex, eurodollar pair).

What am I doing wrong ? How to remove commissions ?

If the account is not a kitchen account (ECN/STP), the broker takes a commission for withdrawing your transaction to forex.

Good afternoon! I have noticed that after using ChartIndicatorDelete(...) function in an Expert Advisor, first, the chart remains the same size when the chart window is resized (the sides are empty areas when expanding), and second, the list of indicators and objects is not displayed through the context menu. The current build is 1241. This bug does not depend on the parameters of the function (in particular, it does not depend on the chart number, subwindow number, as well as on whether there is an indicator with the specified name in the chart). If we remove the use of the function, the chart is scaled normally and the lists of objects and indicators can be viewed.

Good afternoon! Please advise - I want to connect my signals - I get an error in the Broker field. my broker is forex4you

DV2010:

Good afternoon! I have noticed that after using ChartIndicatorDelete(...) function in an Expert Advisor, first, the chart remains the same size when the chart window is resized (the sides are empty areas when expanding), and second, the list of indicators and objects is not displayed through the context menu. The current build is 1241. This bug does not depend on the parameters of the function (in particular, it does not depend on the chart number, subwindow number, as well as on whether there is an indicator with the specified name in the chart). If we remove the use of the function, the chart is scaled normally and the lists of objects and indicators can be viewed.

Please attach an example in MQL5 code.

Alexandr Komyshev:
Good day! Please advise - I want to connect my signals, I get an error in the Broker field, my broker is forex4you.
To minimize errors, register a signal directly from the terminal (window "Navigator", right click on a trading account and "Register as a signal").

Karputov Vladimir:
To minimize errors, register the signal directly from the terminal (window "Navigator", right click on the trading account and "Register as signal").
in theforex4you terminal? or...

DV2010:
Добрый день! Заметил, что после использования в эксперте функции ChartIndicatorDelete(...), во-первых, при изменении размеров окна чарта график остается в прежних размерах (по бокам - пустые области при расширении), а во-вторых, не выводится список индикаторов и объектов через контекстное меню. Текущий билд - 1241. От параметров функции этот баг не зависит (в частности, не зависит от номера чарта, номера подокна, а также от того, есть ли на графике индикатор с указанным именем). Стоит убрать использование функции, как график масштабируется нормально и списки объектов и индикаторов можно просматривать.

Karputov Vladimir:

Please attach the example in MQL5 code.

In the indicator code:

#property indicator_separate_window

input string  ShortName = "IndicatorResultsMA";

I have left only one line in the code of an Expert Advisor to simplify the situation:

void OnInit(){ ChartIndicatorDelete(0,1,"IndicatorResultsMA"); }

As a result, after adding this indicator to the chart manually, the chart is scaled normally, but immediately after adding it to the EA's chart, the mentioned bug occurs. The same bug happens with other indicators (both those that are on the chart and those that are not).

ps In this example, the indicator with the first subwindow is removed normally.

ps2: If you insert the Bollinger Bands indicator on the chart, then running the

ChartIndicatorDelete(0,0,"Bollinger Bands");

the indicator is removed from the chart, but, like in the example above with its own indicator, there is a bug.

DV2010:

I suggest you look at your questions/answers from another person's point of view: I seem to have asked normally (and this is a technical forum practice by the way) - you want to solve the problem, so give me the code. It is also good to remember that in each case, you have to give the operating system and the type and build of the terminal (this data is in the "Log" tab - the first three lines after restarting the terminal).

What you gave are unreproducible fragments of code (taken out of context).

Karputov Vladimir:

I suggest you look at your questions/answers from another person's point of view: I seem to have asked normally (and this is a technical forum practice by the way) - you want to solve the problem, so give me the code. It is also good to remember that in each case, you have to give the operating system and the type and build of the terminal (this data is in the "Log" tab - the first three lines after restarting the terminal).

What you have given are unreproducible fragments of code (torn out of context).

I apologize for the incompleteness of the information.

1. the information is in the log tab:

2016.02.11 19:14:01.528 Terminal Alpari Limited MT5 build 1241 started (Alpari Limited)

2016.02.11 19:14:01.528 Terminal Microsoft Windows XP (X86 based PC), IE 06.00, Intel Pentium 4 3.40GHz, RAM: 566 / 3319 Mb, HDD: 34360 / 145000 Mb, GMT+03:00

2016.02.11 19:14:01.528 Terminal C:\Program Files\Alpari Limited MT5

2. the indicator tested for deletion is a standard Bollinger Bands indicator:

- indicator file is located at C:\Program Files\Alpari Limited MT5\MQL5\Indicators\Examples\BB.ex5;

- The compiled file is added to the chart manually;

- both files are attached to this post.

3. Full code of the Expert Advisor which removes the indicator and on which the bug is detected:

void OnInit(){
      ChartIndicatorDelete(0,0,"Bollinger Bands");
   } 

Test result:

After dragging such an "Expert Advisor" (in the application - DeleteInd.ex5) on a chart

Bollinger Bands manually added to the chart are removed, but the chart is not scaled after that when chart size changes.

Files:
BB.mq5  6 kb
BB.ex5  10 kb
DeleteInd.ex5  5 kb
DeleteInd.mq5  1 kb
Reason: