Errors, bugs, questions - page 1155

stringo:
In Five, it is impossible to find out if the indicator on the chart is run manually or via iCustom
In four (I was interested in it first of all) it seems to be impossible too. It's a pity.

Please explain why iHighest and iLowest functions return 0 in case of error and not -1. How then would they work if the maximum or minimum value is at the current, i.e. zero, bar?

marketeer:
Please explain why iHighest and iLowest functions return 0 in case of error and not -1. How then would they work if the maximum or minimum value is at the current, i.e. zero, bar?
What kind of error can there be? For example?

stringo:
What kind of mistake could there be? Like what?

- no bars

- Incorrect symbol

sergeev:

- no bars

- Incorrect symbol

So in both cases, 0 or -1 will result in out of range

So you guarantee that tick processing in EA locks all internal arrays and no changes can be made to these arrays between function calls?

stringo:
What kind of error can there be? For example?

You read the question somehow from the wrong angle. I personally do not care what errors there may be - I'm just actually quoting your help: "Returned value -Index of the largest value found (offset from the current bar) of the corresponding chart or 0 in case of error". If there can be no error - correct your help.

The issue is that 0 is a valid correct value that can be returned, so it cannot be used as an error indication. 0 is the current bar. Who says there can't be a maximum or minimum value on it?

Is there a setting so that when the charts are switched to the relevant instrument, the glass is also switched automatically?

Nilog:
Is there a setting so that when the charts are switched, the glass will also switch automatically to the relevant instrument?
There is no such setting. The slider is a separate window and is not switched dynamically when the charts are switched.

barabashkakvn:
There is no such setting. The market view is a separate window and does not switch dynamically when switching charts.

Thank you. It's a pity, crying :(

PS It turns out it's possible to drag a tool from the market review to the glass. At least something.

Reason: