Errors, bugs, questions - page 1152

Broker:
Broker's server is incorrect

Enter a part of the broker's name to select the server where trades will be copied to.
The server name mustexactly match the one used in MetaTrader.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD PUT IN THERE?

evgeniy-babiy:
Broker:
Broker's server is incorrect

Enter part of the broker's name to select the server to which trades will be copied.
The server name mustexactly match the one used in the MetaTrader trading terminal.

CAN YOU TELL ME WHAT I SHOULD PUT IN THERE?

Most likely you are trying to subscribe via the website through the pop-up window and "subscribe without terminal". Try subscribing through the website and select "I have a terminal..." in the pop-up window.

View tip: How to sign up for a signal via the website.

barabashkakvn:

You are probably trying to subscribe via the website via a pop-up window and "subscribe without terminal". Try subscribing via the website and select "I have a terminal..." in the pop-up window.

Check out the tip: How to sign up for a signal through the website. yes you are right the popup does not react when i click!!! and the mt4 terminal itself does not have that signal i need!!! tell me where to get the broker's name???

evgeniy-babiy:

THANK YOU SO MUCH !!!!! IT WORKED!!!

barabashkakvn:

MetaTrader 4. Version: 4.00 Build 654.

Try using current Symbol() instead of xxx and use OnInit() instead of init():

Gee, very funny. Of course, it's not xxx in the code but normal characters, including Symbol(). And for any symbol, including EURUSD, the cost of tick is still zero when the terminal starts. I've explained why it's so, but I'm not sure if it's a correct behavior.

marketeer:
Huh, very funny. Of course, it's not xxx in the code, but normal symbols, including Symbol(). And for any symbol, including EURUSD, the value of tick is still zero when the terminal starts. I've explained why it's so, but I'm not sure if it's a correct behavior.

This code is the code from the indicator and the OnInit() function. Accordingly, OnInit() is processed at the moment of terminal start - and this code correctly displays tick price. It is OnInit(), not init() - like yours. If the error repeats, please send the code and terminal version.

The error is that you are trying to receive market information (MarketInfo...) in OnInit() from the indicator. The indicator has no trading functions and therefore, during initialization it is not waiting for update of account and market information.

To get market data, use OnInit() of the EA, not the indicator.

If you want to use the market information in the indicator, you should enter the flag (bool) and check the correctness of the account information (Account...) in the OnCalculate() function in case of first run, or in OnInit() if you change timeframe or indicator settings.

Can you tell me if it is possible to run the tester without an internet connection?

On a computer with internet, I downloaded the history (I ran a simple Expert Advisor test). Then I transferred the entire MT folder to a more powerful computer, but the tester refuses to work there: it says that either the account is not created, or it does not write anything at all.

I was able to run it offline on MT4.

The /portable parameter does not help.

Video in forum posts does not play. video is blank. tried many browsers. device - Lenovo K900.
Video plays fine on the youtube site. and on other youtube sites video plays....

Why isn't "Run this program as administrator" in the "Compatibility" tab checked in the properties of the downloaded mt5setup.exe installation file? For example, the properties of downloaded mt4setup.exe installation file have "Run this program as administrator" checkbox in "Compatibility" tab. As a result MT5 does not remember accounts and each time it suggests creating a new account.

Windows 8.1. User rights - normal user (not administrator).

How do you run a program installed in Windows 8.1? Through /portable?
Reason: