Can I get CHART_PRICE_MAX value without opening the chart

Hi all,

To evaluate prices with graphical data I need to get CHART_PRICE_MAX  value of different pairs without opening the charts

Is it possible?

Since there is no chart, there is no No. Bars on chart, nor starting bar index. So there is no maximum/min market price to generate a containing PRICE_MAX.

William Roeder:
Since there is no chart, there is no No. Bars on chart, nor starting bar index. So there is no maximum/min market price to generate a containing PRICE_MAX.

I solved the problem using iHighest and iLowest

MEHMET FATIH BARUT:

Which means (just for the record)... you wanted "RANGE_PRICE_MAX" (and probably in your case, range == all available bars), not CHART_PRICE_MAX.

Because CHART_PRICE_MAX refers to the maximum price within (i.e. displayed) an open chart window.

Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Indicator Constants / Price Constants
  • www.mql5.com
Calculations of technical indicators require price values and/or values of volumes, on which calculations will be performed. There are 7 predefined identifiers from the ENUM_APPLIED_PRICE enumeration, used to specify the desired price base for calculations. If a technical indicator uses for calculations price data, type of which is set by...

MEHMET FATIH BARUT:

iHighest and iLowest will only return the shift of the highest and lowest bars, they will not return any prices.

Reason: