50k dollars a month - page 18

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Thanks, one more think, I want to ask those who have participated before in trading contest.

1) Are your past trading performance which you have produced during the  trading contest competition still the same as today?

2) Cause in regard to machine learning, I do believe that there are some sort/kinder of " Honeypot " system (in computer science its mostly used in artificial intelligence within the security field, it study patterns of an attacker so it can best counter the attacker, most intelligence organization like CIA, GCHQ, The Russian and Chines organization mostly use it, those are advance stuff) I don't know if you ever hear about that word, a machine learning your trading style and in future it will recognize the way you trade and it will go against you and it will trade better than you. which will be hard for you to make any profit.

3) remember nothing is free in this world, they will give you a small prize in return you have done them a big favor to put you in a database table list of potential treats, who can drain their bank. when ever the system recognize you it will give you hard time and bit your at your own game :-)  

4) Plus the dealing desk guy will always follow your trading and copy you trades when ever you buy/sell so the company can make money as you are making, smart :-)

1. Now it's closed but there was a trading contest called "forexball" organized by a broker, I did participate in, after 1 week I have been ranked 16th in Europe, it was just to have fun, and I wasn't unhappy to see my nickname there, it was exclusively manual trading. Today I don't really trade manually, I spend more time coding, improving my algos than trading, but it happens, like last time when we met on the forum, to open few deals, I never stay in more than a week, and if I find something to impove in my methods I directly translate it into code, like the last update of one of my products I got inspired while talking with you and Penny. 

2. I do know a few about artificial intelligence, I've worked on neural networks, fuzzy logics - so of course it's not as advanced as CIA's stuff, but yes it is effective and very convenient because periodic reoptimization is kinda messy. 

3. Sure, nothing free. They indeed offer the account and take a commission. But I never won no contest offering account or anything else so let's say the question is settled :)

4. I've already signed up to a signal, purchased an EA and what I did notice is that when you're losing your fund because of someone else, you're getting angry. So now, I build my own tools, own indicators, own EAs, own anything then I'm only responsible either of my success either of my failure. It's better so :) I logically don't provide signals either.

Icham Aidibe:

1. Now it's closed but there was a trading contest called "forexball" organized by a broker, I did participate in, after 1 week I have been ranked 16th in Europe, it was just to have fun, and I wasn't unhappy to see my nickname there, it was exclusively manual trading. Today I don't really trade manually, I spend more time coding, improving my algos than trading, but it happens, like last time when we met on the forum, to open few deals, I never stay in more than a week, and if I find something to impove in my methods I directly translate it into code, like the last update of one of my products I got inspired while talking with you and Penny. 

2. I do know a few about artificial intelligence, I've worked on neural networks, fuzzy logics - so of course it's not as advanced as CIA's stuff, but yes it is effective and very convenient because periodic reoptimization is kinda messy. 

3. Sure, nothing free. They indeed offer the account and take a commission. But I never won no contest offering account or anything else so let's say the question is settled :)

4. I've already signed up to a signal, purchased an EA and what I did notice is that when you're losing your fund because of someone else, you're getting angry. So now, I build my own tools, own indicators, own EAs, own anything then I'm only responsible either of my success either of my failure. It's better so :) I logically don't provide signals either.

:-) Yes I do remember, we were discussing about trading technique, how was the improvement on your system, did the performance really increase?

I would like to know, you once showed me the correlation indicator which your had created.

You should try to read about the works of Mr Yury Reshetov, he did some great work in regard to EA which are using AI ! :-) maybe you will discover something like the other traders who always remain silent and observe everything that is going on within the forum :-)

SafMoseSteve:

Thanks your opinion make sense, why will they focus on small players like us, but I was thinking about the big guys who turn a 10 K into a $ 500 k within a month, although on live account the realistic between Demo and Live account is often different cause it involve psychology approach to the brain and plus we talking about real money ! :-) we all know how it feel when it came to risk management when capital is a risk !! :-)

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Thanks your opinion make sense, why will they focus on small players like us, but I was thinking about the big guys who turn a 10 K into a $ 500 k within a month, although on live account the realistic between Demo and Live account is often different cause it involve psychology approach to the brain and plus we talking about real money ! :-) we all know how it feel when it came to risk management when capital is a risk !! :-)

tbh 500k is not big, no one is going to go after your trades in that way bro, the part that brokers do to take your money works differently, demo accounts doesn't have a separate market move so whatever move happens there is the same as in real live account, but the psychology is different you are right about that, this part is ours not influenced by brokers or dd

Unless if there is a separate demo account dedicated to trading contests?

It helped me a lot to know something and i guess it might answer some of your questions, to know that a company such as tradingcentral.com exists and who are their clients, me and you can't simply subscribe to it and get daily technical analysis, chasing to get a signal from retail traders is not useful when they already know where the market is going

Also check this out :-

/youtube.com/watch?v=UzmYwG_wnEw

Chris Mukengeshayi:

:-) Yes I do remember, we were discussing about trading technique, how was the improvement on your system, did the performance really increase?

I would like to know, you once showed me the correlation indicator which your had created.

You should try to read about the works of Mr Yury Reshetov, he did some great work in regard to EA which are using AI ! :-) maybe you will discover something like the other traders who always remain silent and observe everything that is going on within the forum :-)

For sure ! Check by yourself, it's the one with currencies indexes, it's for MT5, I open a cheap 1 month rent for you right now ! 

I guess you're talking of the AfterEffect thread, it's very difficult to compute such datas with the exit points/tp/trailing - it requires to be done tick by tick : too heavy.

So I do it a more global way by training signals, you'll find self optimizing interfaces in my product list with a cheap rent too.  Give a try dude ! 

SafMoseSteve:

tbh 500k is not big, no one is going to go after your trades in that way bro, the part that brokers do to take your money works differently, demo accounts doesn't have a separate market move so whatever move happens there is the same as in real live account, but the psychology is different you are right about that, this part is ours not influenced by brokers or dd

Unless if there is a separate demo account dedicated to trading contests?

It helped me a lot to know something and i guess it might answer some of your questions, to know that a company such as tradingcentral.com exists and who are their clients, me and you can't simply subscribe to it and get daily technical analysis, chasing to get a signal from retail traders is not useful when they already know where the market is going

Also check this out :-

/youtube.com/watch?v=UzmYwG_wnEw

Thanks

Icham Aidibe:

For sure ! Check by yourself, it's the one with currencies indexes, it's for MT5, I open a cheap 1 month rent for you right now ! 

I guess you're talking of the AfterEffect thread, it's very difficult to compute such datas with the exit points/tp/trailing - it requires to be done tick by tick : too heavy.

So I do it a more global way by training signals, you'll find self optimizing interfaces in my product list with a cheap rent too.  Give a try dude ! 

Thank much, I will definitely try it out, but Mr Reshetov had good ideas too, but you will have to think very complex to what he was trying to illustrate :-)

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Thank much, I will definitely try it out, but Mr Reshetov had good ideas too, but you will have to think very complex to what he was trying to illustrate :-)

Quick look, most article are in russian, I need to translate it - I'll do it later I promise, for now I'm awaited for dinner. See you dude ! 

Chris Mukengeshayi:

Le décodage est nécessaire pour toutes les parties du problème, car il y a beaucoup de questions, les réponses auxquelles il est souhaitable de se renseigner à l'avance:

Comment et où collecter les données?
Quelle puissance de calcul est nécessaire pour la préparation?
Comment ajouter les contraintes nécessaires au problème dans les algorithmes d'apprentissage automatique? 
Quelle puissance de calcul est nécessaire pour la formation?
Quelle puissance de calcul est nécessaire pour la validation?
Que dois-je faire si la validation échoue?
Quelle est la date limite pour chaque étape?
Etc. et similaire. 

Interesting article collection, translated from Russian, so my reading is approximative. 

The recurring problem is the memory management, a deep treatment (tick by tick) of past data is too greedy and I don't think it is feasible actually, it would be like rewriting a strategy tester in mql.

In such case, an external dll to run another tester instance on a chosen period would be much more easier to achieve. 

Icham Aidibe:

Damn! Penny, what really matters ? What you are seeing everyday or what anyone would say ?! 

As you can see on a previous post, in any contest ranking, none go nowhere with less than 100% in 1 week-1month, so yes, definitively, obviously, 17.5% per day (500% per month can be achieved). 

In my sense, what is more surprising is that you don't to change your indicators periods, let's say it suits EURUSD, will it suits also GBPUSD or USDJPY ? Trading multicurrencies is a good start if you wishes to reach 1000% a month ! 

... a fact being that at March 15, the first one is already higher than 1000% growth.

You should check completed contests results, not in the middle and those that not contest in rounds (where only the best performance in each round go on to next round).
Then you will see that about 50 percent of the contesters lose more than 50 % of their starting balance.

It is just a matter of time. Take 100 particiapants aiming to make the best balance in a month - all will leverage between 100-500 in order to get there.
Half will get there, half will wipe the account.

You just show me the upper half - I tell you to check the lower half.
Your attitude to trading is of gambling, and it's ok that half get there, but if they go on in live, they will soon be doomed.

Reason: