Making money on forex is impossible - page 38

tol64:
That's when it fully draws and locks, then you can consider that there is a new move/bar. The current one may move in the same place all day long. I am preparing a Renko indicator for Five. It will be formed on ticks.

You're right about the ticks. Make sure it will be very interesting. And think about the option, when you know the colour of the bar with the first tick, and this bar (brick) will not be redrawn...

I can show you the algorithm, I've got it and it's been working for a long time. But I'd really want you to find it yourself. You know the colour of a candle when it is opened )))

yosuf:
Sergey, what do you think of this way of presenting the price chart? https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/152409

I've seen it, unfortunately, I didn't get the idea. The fact that the price is reflected differently is good and great, you will be able to see the market from a different angle. Each construction and transformation of a source series (ticks) must have a purpose (meaning). To highlight a feature of the market, which you can then try to use. I unfortunately could not understand the idea of this chart, and consequently its use.

Prival:

All that is exactly Renko. But from my point of view, there is a slightly better algorithm. It's all about the nuances of building a new brick. You programmers think about how you will program the appearance of a new brick in the next situation.

A tick has passed that belongs to the new brick, it (the brick) started to draw ..... and the price went back by one tick.... what should I do? the tick is already outside this new brick.... draw a new brick (but then that brick will not be full, will not be so nice and smooth, there is one tick and that's it) ?

Many have implemented it in the following way ( from my point of view not correct) the last brick can redraw .... I do not like neither charts nor indicators that make you re-draw.

This is one of the reasons why all is fine on history, but real trade is not so tasty. But there are algorithms to build this brick more "correct", the bricks do not overdraw.

Yes, it's an unpleasant situation. You can't build it properly. That's why I prefer Renko bars.

Prival:

I have seen it; unfortunately, I don't understand the idea. The fact that the price is reflected differently is good and great, because it allows you to see the market from a different angle. Each construction and transformation of the initial series (ticks) should have a purpose (meaning). To highlight a feature of the market, which you can then try to use. Unfortunately, I cannot understand the idea of this chart, and consequently its use.
Yusuf suggests a price change. The largest price change is one pip. It turns out that this is almost the same as equal-volume bars by the number of ticks.

tol64:
The current ticks will not be able to be tested in ticks. The current one may change its position at least during the day in one place. I am working on the reneko indicator for the five. It will be formed on ticks.

Yeah. Let's try it.

where to download ticks in mt4?

I don't think you can test it on ticks...

There is another problem - is it possible to make money on ticks?

_new-rena:

Yep. let's give it a try.

where to download ticks in mt4?

I don't think you can test on ticks...

There's another problem - is it possible to make money on ticks?

Here >>>

Just dont know how to bypass this limitation. You can download only one tick history at a time.

You have to write your own tester to test it on Renko.

Not on ticks, but on reno built on ticks. How productive it is, I do not know yet. But it is necessary, as always, to test everything myself. Regardless of who, what and where stated. ;)

In the tester so far it is like this (by tester ticks):

//---

In the real will be displayed as it accumulates/forms. You can write to a file and accumulate your history. There are a lot of options on how to implement this. Need to experiment. )

Prival:

You're right about the ticks. Make sure it will be very interesting. And think about the option, when you know the colour of the bar with the first tick, and this bar (brick) will not be redrawn...

I can show you the algorithm, I have it and it's been working for a long time. But I'd really want you to find it yourself. you know the colour of a candle when it is opened )))

That's fantastic. I can't even imagine such a thing yet. I know only about such a tester grail. But in real time... ))

The chart based on the difference of the opening minus the closing also looks very nice.

Prival:

I've seen it, unfortunately I didn't get the idea. The fact that the price is reflected differently is good and great, you can see the market from a different angle. Each construction and transformation of the initial series (ticks) must have a purpose (meaning). To highlight a feature of the market, which you can then try to use. I unfortunately could not understand the idea of this chart, and consequently its use.

A rough description:

Let's imagine that we are working on DF 1. It means that from the moment the price comes to this bar with the price O, it starts to fill the bar with absolute price increments as the difference of tick prices: 0.00015 + [-0.00010] ("absolute value" symbol) + 0.00036 + 0.00014 + [-0.00024] + [-0.00231] + [-0.00012] + 0.00145 + ........ until the sum equals 1 and then the price will leave the dynamic bar with the price C, in between having visited the maximum H and minimum L, as well as any other values inside the bar. Dynamic bar DF 1 is now complete! Let's move on to the next bar. The price has created the bar itself by its own movement, without time services. SUMMA ABS(Pi - Pi-1) =1. This bar contains 100000 five-digit points or 10000 four-digit points of price movement. It is also possible to arrange both smaller and larger DFs (dynamos) from DBs (dynamos bars).

The cumulative price movement in both directions is plotted on the abscissa. If it is difficult to do due to the lack of tick history, it is possible, as a first approximation, to take the average price of a minute bar as 1 tick.

Boeing747:
In my opinion, it is more productive to use a system with stops the ability to make money based on catching a large movement with a large position. you can also add a martin with an odds of 1.25-1.5 and generally will be great))

This is another issue. Because there was a dogma going around that you can't do it without a stop, while those who say you can, haven't seen minute candles at 2.5 figures and so on...

simpleton:
This is another matter. Because there was a dogma going around that one cannot do without a stop, and who says that one can - hasn't seen minute candlesticks of 2.5 figures and so on...

Look, I'll send you a message!

Unfortunately, it doesn't attach my screenshot in png, and I don't know how else to do it!

Reason: