EA apparently not running

I bought an EA from a certain party and dropped it onto a chart. The EA screen appears and the Journal tab showed that the EA was loaded successfully but no trading at all is happening that is supposed to happen. How can I tell if the EA is running or not? Is there any way to enable debug messages? If I attempt to drop the EA again onto the chart, I get a prompt whether to stop the EA that is already running, so apparently it is running but not doing anything. 

I know the person that sold me the EA should be the one helping me but that sucker never replies to any of my questions after-sales.

• There are some EAs which should trade, and we can check it (and check the settings of the EAs) in case we will backtest those EAs (just to be sure that EAs are traded with our settings for our symbols selected with our brokers).
  • There are some EAs which were coded as dashboards to show something on the chart; those EA is not traded.

So, you should ask the author/seller about what did you buy and how to use it.

The EA is supposed to trade, yes. There were not too many instructions to follow - drop the ex5 file into the MQL4 EAs folder, add the specified 10 symbols to watchlist, enable Auto trading from Options menu, enable Live trading for the EA and allow dll imports, have money in the account to trade, load the .SET file to set recommended settings for the EA, that's all. I have done all these. 

Kannan J #:
The EA is supposed to trade, yes. There were not too many instructions to follow - drop the ex5 file into the MQL4 EAs folder, add the specified 10 symbols to watchlist, enable Auto trading from Options menu, enable Live trading for the EA and allow dll imports, have money in the account to trade, load the .SET file to set recommended settings for the EA, that's all. I have done all these. 
Only the author can help you

Kannan J #:

An ex5 file can only work in MT5.
Today is Saturday, most symbols will not be tradeable until the market opens next week.

Sorry, I made a typo, it is .ex4 file that I dropped into the EA folder, not .ex5 file. I know the market is closed now, I was trying during the weekdays and nothing happened. Yes, the author should help me but he is a coldhearted sucker who won't reply.

Kannan J #: I was trying during the weekdays and nothing happened.

Most markets are closed; why does that surprise you.

William Roeder #:

Most markets are closed; why does that surprise you.

I said weekdays, not weekends. 

Some EAs trade rarely, from 1-2 trades per day or even 1-2 per week. Can you run in strategy tester?
Sometimes it's good to just cut your losses and move to another EA especially an author that replies to your questions....!
Reason: