Swing Trading ideas - page 25

What makes you think if it is high, it will not go higher?

Maria Mahomedally:
I am going short on EURUSD, I think market is on top now for EUR.

:-) Yes I can see that it is true based on technical analysis, but at the moment the bull is still strong, with Nonfarm Payrolls today! unemployment came out low.

I will think twice, better is Monday next week than trading today Friday.

Maria Mahomedally:
I am going short on EURUSD, I think market is on top now for EUR.

This is good news Nonfarm Payrolls came out Positive, now you can enjoy your short :-)

Money for nothing on the EuroDollar today! :-)

EURUSD

After touching 1.2335 support, EURUSD rebounded into the trading range between 1.2335 and 1.2537, suggesting that the pair remains in the uptrend from 1.1717 (Dec 12, 2017 low), and the price action from 1.2537 could be treated as consolidation of the uptrend. Another rise to test 1.2537 resistance would likely be seen in the coming days. A breakout of this level will indicate that the uptrend has resumed, then next target would be at 1.2700 area. On the downside, if the price breaks and settles below 1.2335 support, it would suggest that the uptrend had completed at 1.2537 already, then the pair would find next support at 1.2165.

Maria Mahomedally:

EURUSD

After touching 1.2335 support, EURUSD rebounded into the trading range between 1.2335 and 1.2537, suggesting that the pair remains in the uptrend from 1.1717 (Dec 12, 2017 low), and the price action from 1.2537 could be treated as consolidation of the uptrend. Another rise to test 1.2537 resistance would likely be seen in the coming days. A breakout of this level will indicate that the uptrend has resumed, then next target would be at 1.2700 area. On the downside, if the price breaks and settles below 1.2335 support, it would suggest that the uptrend had completed at 1.2537 already, then the pair would find next support at 1.2165.

:-)

I have to pass data on order which is around 100 characters in length. hich I have to attach to order in MT5. Can I pass this any attriibutes in MT5 order?

AUDUSD stays in a bearish price channel on the 4-hour chart and remains in the downtrend from 0.8135. As long as the price is in the channel, the bounce from 0.7835 could be treated as consolidation of the downtrend and further decline to 0.7750 area is still possible. On the upside, a clear break above the channel resistance could bring price back to test 0.7953 key resistance. A breakout of this level would confirm that the downside move had completed at 0.7835 already, then further rise to 0.8000 area could be seen.

Interesting read from a broker website, posting for readers here.

The Single Most Important Reason Behind U.S. Stock Market Crash on Monday

While the crash that U.S. stocks had on Monday, which saw the Dow Jones Industrial Average losing as much as 4.60 percent, came as a shock to many, it was actually predicted by a number of professional traders and economists. However, an element of surprise was still present as their predictions said nothing about the exact timing of the crash. Let us explore the whys and the hows of this violent plunge.

The crash had begun one trading session earlier on Friday when the Dow Jones Industrial Average lost 2.54 percent and the Standard & Poor’s 500 Index gave up 2.12 percent. The losses were already sharp but the opening bell on Monday only served as the starting gun for an even deeper plunge that erased all the S&P 500 gains in 2018 and marked the worst single-day drop in the Dow Jones history since 2011.

Despite its massive scale, the drop was described by some analysts as one of the most predictable fallbacks ever. Those who could see it from miles away simply were aware that the stock market cannot continue its highly stable and steady climb forever. Ahead of the fall on Friday, volatility was at record low levels.

The Cboe Volatility Index, which reflects conditions on the S&P 500 Index, was generally moving in a range between 9 and 12 since the end of 2016. Such a long stretch of low volatility was not seen since the inception of the index in 1993. This extended period of stability has placed the stock market on a knife-edge, with investors waiting to react wildly at the first sign of concerns.

Such a sign was provided to them last week in the form of a possible higher inflation this year that could lead the Federal Reserve to push interest rates higher. That, coupled with a statement from Federal Reserve Chairwoman Janet Yellen, in which she said that stock values are high, was enough to push the market of the edge.

This, however, does not explain why the market reached such a state of low volatility and possible overvaluation in the first place. While the U.S. stock market is too massive to be driven by simple few forces, economists believe that it boils down to years of quantitative easing that provided vast amounts of cash to private banks and financial institutions.

1 trillion dollars of government bonds were bought back by the Federal Reserve each year as a part of its economic stimulus program, which got investors quite comfortable with easy money and ultra-low interest rates. That money was spent buying stocks and other assets, leading to a gradual and steady growth in share prices.

Then again, the realization that the Federal Reserve may take a more aggressive approach when cutting stimulus on the back of higher inflation was enough to trigger the selloffs on Friday and Monday.

However, when all is said and done, the drop seen on these two days can rather be considered as a correction instead of a crash.

Mom: “I heard on tv that the economy is good and that interest rates are going higher, so that’s why the stock market is down.” Me: “ok” Mom: “so we need a bad economy for stocks to go higher?” Me: “yes” Mom: “are you making fun of me right now”
Reason: