Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 6

krelian99:
Wulong or malden, all the DSS, of momentum indis, composite or not, or of MAs, with VA and PA or without and even TSS. My list of DSS is long, but the VA DSS of RSX I haven't yet, but with DSS VA composite RSI not comparable. Can you say which DSS works better (if one can say so)?

Frankly, I can not tell which would be the "best"

The choice is so big that the decision is impossible

There can be thousands of systems from indicators found on this site alone

morro:
The choice is so big that the decision is impossible There can be thousands of systems from indicators found on this site alone

dear morro,

yes right,agree,as every person have his own way of trading and thinking but our topic is comparatively for the best compromising indicator,next the trader can use it with different parameters in different TF,

regards

mntiwana:
dear morro,

yes right,agree,as every person have his own way of trading and thinking but our topic is comparatively for the best compromising indicator,next the trader can use it with different parameters in different TF,

regards

I like the adaptive indicators - in my experience they are always better than the original (does not matter how they adapt)

krelian99:
Wulong or malden, all the DSS, of momentum indis, composite or not, or of MAs, with VA and PA or without and even TSS. My list of DSS is long, but the VA DSS of RSX I haven't yet, but with DSS VA composite RSI not comparable. Can you say which DSS works better (if one can say so)?

I agree, there are that many DSS and most are very good that it's impossible to say which one is the 'best'.

On top of that, it greatly depends on what one wants to achieve and on the chosen timeframe ...

If you really want to know, my favorites :

the simple DSS Bressert with divergence, as a slow indicator, kind of 'leader'

the TSS, also as a slow one

the DSS Bressert VA Comp rsi as a fast one (for entries in my case of BO)

the VA DSS of RSI as a fast one

the VA DSS as a 'medium' one, that's one in between a fast indicator and a slow one

And I still have to 'spit out' the enormous possibilities of the DSS of Averages, will take me weeks to do that for my self.

All the other people have to do that also for themselves, that way you learn the ropes and you get to know the indicator, it's way better than blindingly copy someone elses system with which you WILL lose because you mostly haven't got a clue how it works unless you train on trading simulator for a long time with it ....

Wulong

Thanks for the invite mntiwana.

My Holy Grail --

First, get a strength meter.

Second, get an Average Daily Range meter that covers all the currencies.

Third, trade the higher strengths currencies against the lower strength currencies of the highest daily range charts.

Fourth, stick to your own strategy, whether it be short term day trading, scalping or longer term trading.

Finally, get indicators that are both reliable and that give YOUR trading eye the best possible chance of trading the chart in the correct direction.

There is NOT one indicator that covers all eventualities; all you can hope for is to get a combination that will give you the lowest risk.THERE ARE ENOUGH INDICATORS TO SUIT EVERYONE'S TASTE so choose one's that suit your trading strategy - long or short term have differing indicators and settings.

I am a great believer in templates to suit trader's trading eye.

Profits every day are the target and when that is achieved, don't fix it!

If you are going to build a house start with the foundation and the above is a solid foundation in my view.

Good luck

TEAMTRADER

mntiwana,

Thanks for the PM.

This is an illustration of a strength meter and ADR meter.

The strength meter shows the currency that is strongest and weakest. Trade strong against weak.

The Average Daily Range meter shows the range per individual currency - as far as I know there is no ADR to show the currency with the most 'average true range' (ADR) and the least range. This is important as traders generally want to trade a chart with good movement and high prospects of good profits. For example, a chart with an ADR of 30 against one with 100 is a non starter for someone looking for 50 pips a day.

Someone somewhere may have an ADR 'list' that auto updates for MT4 but I do not know of anyone who has this indicator.

The information is easily found out by putting the ADR on each chart and making a manual list. The ADR changes daily but as long as someone does the job every week/month it should not be too far away from the reality of choosing the best charts for the job.

I've attached the indicators too, in case some clever guy can make an ADR listing of the currencies.

Regards

TEAMTRADER

whisperer:
I like the adaptive indicators - in my experience they are always better than the original (does not matter how they adapt)

Hi Whisperer,

thanks for your visiting and recommendation about adaptive indicators,of course BOSS invented a huge variety of adaptives,almost of every kind and every level ,ALF are also included,we can find them in DZs too....it is so kind of boss if he explain and put some light on adaptive indicators,the method and logic behind,and in which situations and conditions adaptive considered as best,thanks.

regards

Of course steady profits are the target. the point is for 90% that they don't make profits. I don't know why, maybe most people trade EURUSD because of the low spread and on M1 you loose more money to you broker then to the system due to the low volatility it often has. Checking the ADR is a very good point to start your trading day. It needs time for the pips to role in. On some pairs less and on some pairs much more. Xard wrote once, he trades 200pips a day and needs 2hours for it. He also uses a strength meter (oh, incidentally, is it the !XPS v8?

Wulong10:
I agree, there are that many DSS and most are very good that it's impossible to say which one is the 'best'.

On top of that, it greatly depends on what one wants to achieve and on the chosen timeframe ...

If you really want to know, my favorites :

the simple DSS Bressert with divergence, as a slow indicator, kind of 'leader'

the TSS, also as a slow one

the DSS Bressert VA Comp rsi as a fast one (for entries in my case of BO)

the VA DSS of RSI as a fast one

the VA DSS as a 'medium' one, that's one in between a fast indicator and a slow one

And I still have to 'spit out' the enormous possibilities of the DSS of Averages, will take me weeks to do that for my self.

All the other people have to do that also for themselves, that way you learn the ropes and you get to know the indicator, it's way better than blindingly copy someone elses system with which you WILL lose because you mostly haven't got a clue how it works unless you train on trading simulator for a long time with it ....

Wulong

Hi Wulong,

yes,we really want to know ,lol........wonderful explanation for slower/faster indicator lover traders,now they can easily choose rather than to test every one of that kind......weeks are not too much wulong,lol . but we are patient,time is not matter ,important is best figuring and you can better fine tune mili digits..........................wulong,for newbie students and learner,it is easy to read and understand few topics and hints rather to read a number of whole books,as you know there are hundreds and thousand indicators of only one kind and type..............and the rest you said,is right ,no doubts.thanks.

regards

mntiwana

Reason: