Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 5

krelian99:
There are some possibilities for adapting an indicator: e.g. PA (phase accumulation), cfb (composite fractal behavior), alb (adaptive lookback). Here is the RSX adapted. One can see, that the cfb RSX is a bit quicker than the normal RSX, while the PA RSX is much smoother. Should I use PA RSX (Hilbert transformation tends to periods around 20) better as filter?

Krelian99,

yes right ,do they have same parameters and periods.and if we can take entry with dynamic zone PA when green orange signal line cross first DZ line from upper or from lower or DZ center doted line,if only depends on it.

regards

Oha mladen, that's not easy. It depends on TF and feels very fuzzy, not direct as normal or cfb version.

krelian99:
Oha mladen, that's not easy. It depends on TF and feels very fuzzy, not direct as normal or cfb version.

PA is sensitive to volatility actually, cfb way of sampling data is more robust and more "volatility proof" - that is probably it's advantage compared to some other adapting methods. But it makes it a bit more "inert", and that is probably its disadvantage

All in all, no perfect adapting method yet

Hmm, some Elite indicators have that many features and parameters that one can make hundreds of different versions of it.

So, sometimes it's not easy to 'finetune' one, or you must be lucky to find the best finetuning right away.

And it greatly depends on what you want to achieve and how you trade ....

Here an example :

VA DSS of RSX

the slow one with a big RSX period : DSS period 3, smooth Ema 15 and RSX period 110

the fast one with a big DSS period and a fast RSX period : DSS period 80, smooth Ema 4 and RSX period 3

of course there are also other parameters like rsi price, rsi type, volatility price, volatility period and volatility smooth ....for really finetuning

the more parameters the more you can do with an indicator but the more and longer you have to search, but sometimes it's worth it ...

Wulong

Files:
dss_of_rsx.png  45 kb

Wulong10:
I do like the composite RSI on higher timeframes, but not on M1, there it goes up or down suddenly and gives sometimes false signals.

To tame the M1 and M5 beast you are better off with the Rapid RSI of Averages, if you want to use RSI.

You can make it fast, medium fast and very slow and that's what you need on small timeframes ....

==================================================

So M15 is good to start with the Composite RSI and of course not lower, or is it better from H1 on ?

dear Wulong10,

thanks for your advice on rapid rsi of averages for lower TFs, and composite for higher TFs,an new good information for me.thanks,

regards

mntiwana

It's always better to help each other than to argue with each other ...

only ... when you argue with you wife you sometimes get rewarded later ...if you are lucky ....

mntiwana:

only ... when you argue with you wife you sometimes get rewarded later ...if you are lucky ....

Dear Wulong10,

yes right boss,100% agree with you ,.......and some times worse rewards at the spot, if too much agrue with wife,..

mntiwana:

Only on Christmas

Hello everyone (again), back to the bands-topic i may add one idea.

timmyhanke:
Hello Myrx.

[...]

In that picture there were 2 bands/ channel indicator above price and below.

May i ask what that is ?

yes, if you mean the 3 violet-blue-ish bands, this indicator is the "ATR channel" with a different setting as the standard, see picture:

https://i.gyazo.com/329db0eea861f79ecd633a4bd1cb33f2.png - i also turned off the medium line (colorless) --- you can find the indicator on this forum somewhere.

It has similar problems like any channel/band/envelope - knowing if you have a trendy or choppy market is the key. Because you can either use it as rally confirmation, or resistance/support. For defining the width of the channels, ATR is measuring the volatility instead of standard deviation like Bollinger Bands and in my point of view a bit more comfortable.

i searched a while but i am not sure if this was the indi https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general a bit further down there is the same one with diff. colors to emulate fibo-levels. this was possibly the original idea.

a bit older entry from mladen: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470/page3

-> this one i didn't check myself yet, possibly not working with new metatrader

let me know what you think about this // @timmyhanke as a newbie i can only send private messages to staff members, sorry

so far. ~

myrx:
Hello everyone (again), back to the bands-topic i may add one idea.

yes, if you mean the 3 violet-blue-ish bands, this indicator is the "ATR channel" with a different setting as the standard, see picture:

https://i.gyazo.com/329db0eea861f79ecd633a4bd1cb33f2.png - i also turned off the medium line (colorless) --- you can find the indicator on this forum somewhere.

It has similar problems like any channel/band/envelope - knowing if you have a trendy or choppy market is the key. Because you can either use it as rally confirmation, or resistance/support. For defining the width of the channels, ATR is measuring the volatility instead of standard deviation like Bollinger Bands and in my point of view a bit more comfortable.

i searched a while but i am not sure if this was the indi https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general a bit further down there is the same one with diff. colors to emulate fibo-levels. this was possibly the original idea.

a bit older entry from mladen: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173470/page3

-> this one i didn't check myself yet, possibly not working with new metatrader

let me know what you think about this // @timmyhanke as a newbie i can only send private messages to staff members, sorry

so far. ~

myrx

That Keltner channel is OK with the new mt4 (you will have one warning, but it is absolutely benign, will not influence the work of the indicator in any way)

Wulong or malden, all the DSS, of momentum indis, composite or not, or of MAs, with VA and PA or without and even TSS. My list of DSS is long, but the VA DSS of RSX I haven't yet, but with DSS VA composite RSI not comparable. Can you say which DSS works better (if one can say so)?

Reason: