Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 14

mntiwana:
Dear Whisperer,

what extra freedom you see and noticed in 5 digit broker ..... if not same,we can also open close orders when needed in 4 digit....can you please explain , thanks

regards

Ticks are generated much more often on 5 digit brokers. If you are using EA that means automatically that it has more chance to enter a position. Also, see how slow the price changes on 4 digit brokers compared to 5 digit brokers : you can decide much more precise on 5 digit broker when do you want to enter or exit compared to 4 digit broker

whisperer:
Ticks are generated much more often on 5 digit brokers. If you are using EA that means automatically that it has more chance to enter a position. Also, see how slow the price changes on 4 digit brokers compared to 5 digit brokers : you can decide much more precise on 5 digit broker when do you want to enter or exit compared to 4 digit broker

Dear Whisperer,

yes,you are right,i feel one more negative feature with 5 digit broker,as it is so fast,so there are more chances for re quotes,we must increase our slip factor in every thing (1 pip in 4 digit is equal to 10 pips/points in 5 digit) so we may adjust it to 30/40 rather than 3/4 ..... as for entering in any position (executing orders or closing ) manually or by EA, usually and mostly we use at close of bar if not specified with number of pips or we struck out by Trailing stop....so in middle of bar,no means.....thanks

regards

mntiwana:
Dear Whisperer,

yes,you are right,i feel one more negative feature with 5 digit broker,as it is so fast,so there are more chances for re quotes,we must increase our slip factor in every thing (1 pip in 4 digit is equal to 10 pips/points in 5 digit) so we may adjust it to 30/40 rather than 3/4 ..... as for entering in any position (executing orders or closing ) manually or by EA, usually and mostly we use at close of bar if not specified with number of pips or we struck out by Trailing stop....so in middle of bar,no means.....thanks

regards

mntiwana

If you feel that it is so fast, why not using tp and sl?

mladen:
mntiwana If you feel that it is so fast, why not using tp and sl?

Dearest MLADEN,

yes boss,you are right,tp and sl is also an important and necessary part of whole strategy,we can not ignore it,i am just saying that we may increase the slippage factor in every thing,so that executing trade orders,trade close orders,TP and SL orders must be accepted in first try at the last end...for not need to be re quoted due to fast speed......thanks.

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

yes boss,you are right,tp and sl is also an important and necessary part of whole strategy,we can not ignore it,i am just saying that we may increase the slippage factor in every thing,so that executing trade orders,trade close orders,TP and SL orders must be accepted in first try at the last end...for not need to be re quoted due to fast speed......thanks.

regards

Well, if you are requoted a lot, maybe a time to think of another broker

mladen:
Well, if you are requoted a lot, maybe a time to think of another broker

Dearest MLADEN,

yes,agree,as a first solution and substitute is the next broker...lol.:)....how much slippage,do you think,suitable in 4 digit and in 5 digit.....for to accepted orders in first try at the other end ?

regards

mntiwana:
Dearest MLADEN,

yes,agree,as a first solution and substitute is the next broker...lol.:)....how much slippage,do you think,suitable in 4 digit and in 5 digit.....for to accepted orders in first try at the other end ?

regards

I guess it depends from broker to broker. Some expect minimum 3 points, some more. There is no fixed rule for a slippage

mntiwana:
Dear Whisperer,

regards

I still have one 4 digit account and compared to 5 digit accounts it is like dead sometimes. I use it only for very long term trading (very small lot size, with targets set far).

whisperer:
I still have one 4 digit account and compared to 5 digit accounts it is like dead sometimes. I use it only for very long term trading (very small lot size, with targets set far).

do we may think and calculate about the resources used in 5 digit verses 4 digit,ten times more,especially when a lot of indicators applied, and every tick refreshes all bars again and again in mili seconds (i might say,are good to keep awaken machine and terminal. ..lol) i think, are enough to speed down,and what we get in reverse,few pennies,as MLADEN described.

regards

mntiwana:
do we may think and calculate about the resources used in 5 digit verses 4 digit,ten times more,especially when a lot of indicators applied, and every tick refreshes all bars again and again in mili seconds (i might say,are good to keep awaken machine and terminal. ..lol) i think, are enough to speed down,and what we get in reverse,few pennies,as MLADEN described. regards

mntiwana

The only significant differences are that there are a lot more ticks generated for 5 digit brokers (I remember when they changed from 4 digit to 5 digit, you could see the exact minute of that - all you had to do is to display the volume) and that you can exit or enter on smaller steps (profit or loss steps)

Reason: