Sudden rise if Volume is the past few weeks

Hello,

I am totally new to forex but I know that volume can be decisive when judging on patterns. I noticed that in the last few weeks on the EURUSD the volume on the daily chart almost tripled

Is there an explanation for this rise in volume?

Thank you

Files:
volume.gif  11 kb

AGazzaz

Volumes in forex are not the same as volumes of stocks ... they are simply a number of ticks generated by a broker for a bar period and they depend more or less on your broker. From the look of it, it might happen that your broker changed from 4 digits to 5 digits at that time and that automatically increases generated ticks. As a comparison, here is a picture of a broker that has a 5 digits all the time and as you can see there is no significant change in "volume"
regards
AGazzaz:
Hello,

I am totally new to forex but I know that volume can be decisive when judging on patterns. I noticed that in the last few weeks on the EURUSD the volume on the daily chart almost tripled

Is there an explanation for this rise in volume?

Thank you
Files:

Thank you for such information, I was so confused because I rely on volume to validate patterns

now I will just turn it off.

Thank you very much mladen.

these days are easy

you can read the progression of price level

to tell is the market busy with lot of trading

or

dead silent

but it may not be like that -- couple of months later

I agree that volume is not very useful in Forex. Mostly because of what was said about the measure in ticks.

Volume is even less useful now, even in stocks, due to high frequency trading and the gimmicks we now see in Level II quotes. Total smokescreen effect.

I would definitely turn it off.

Reason: