Universal MA Cross EA - page 100

Hello, first thank you for this expert. Im very new to this. I maybe doing something wrong but im trying to have the expert start a deal on the exact cross, for 2 MA. I am trying to set the parameters as I understand form your list, and still the deals start in many spots but not usually on the cross. I also wanted to know if there is a parameter that tell the expert not to go in a deal if the market standing still? thanks in advance for any help

nimnumi:
Hello, first thank you for this expert. Im very new to this. I maybe doing something wrong but im trying to have the expert start a deal on the exact cross, for 2 MA. I am trying to set the parameters as I understand form your list, and still the deals start in many spots but not usually on the cross. I also wanted to know if there is a parameter that tell the expert not to go in a deal if the market standing still? thanks in advance for any help

perhaps you will post a set file so we can see what is happening

Thank you for reply. here is on of the test I was trying (I couldn't upload the .set file so this is a screen shot of the expert)

I suggest that you change 'Min Price Distance' to '0' to get the cross and trade to line up.....

and you might experiment with using the numbers 0 - 10 in there as sometimes much more profitable to allow the distance.

You are going to have to do some great amount of experimenting to get the results you want.....

Have fun.!!!

Thank you for your help. I will try. I have been doing lots of testing, but I wanted to make sure it dose what I think it should so I can track the results. Thank you

nimnumi:
Thank you for your help. I will try. I have been doing lots of testing, but I wanted to make sure it dose what I think it should so I can track the results. Thank you

How did you do with your testing...?

Blaiserboy:
How did you do with your testing...?

So far so good... I test XAU from 2005-2013

Hi I wonder if anyone can help, I'm using UniversalMA_cross_EA+ECN 1.07.mq4 which works OK on a $10000 demo, however I would like to forward test it on a small live account of approx $200-$500 using lots of .01 or there abouts, but when I select micro account on the EA & run it with .01 lots I get a message - error - open buy (131) invalid trade volume. My account is with Alpari UK which uses 5 decimal place prices. Any assistance or advice would be very much appreciated - Thanks.

Paul

Please check that you have 'Micro account' checked properly, that could be a difficulty.... and check in MT4 to see minimum lot size for that instrument you are trading....

I Hope one of those fixes the difficulty.

I use small amounts also on 5 digit and 4 digit brokers and have not seen that error.

Thanks for your quick reply Blaiserboy, you're quite right its not the EA at fault its my broker. I was trying it out first on a low balance demo hopefully it should trade small lots on my live account, lets hope its profitable. Many Thanks again.

Reason: