Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 20

deleted..............................

nbtrading:
Any rule which one can use the period multiplier?

Dear nbtrading,

can you explain some more about your question..................but above all few posts i was asking MLADEN about composite (multiply value) in a proper sequential way rather than a usual un-sequential way,and was curious to see what results come out.see post 184 above.

Hi Seniors,

Though it is not to concerning topic of the thread,can some one help,if we can know from any of our MT4 terminal (live or demo),is it a ECN or STP or standard usual broker with out going to their site and asking ..............................because most of the time and mostly traders trying test things especially EAs on their current MT4 terminals and some indicators and EAs asking ECN/STP true false in property parameters but we don't know it exact ,and getting doubts may be indicator and or ea is not working,thanks.

regards

mntiwana:
Hi Seniors,

Though it is not to concerning topic of the thread,can some one help,if we can know from any of our MT4 terminal (live or demo),is it a ECN or STP or standard usual broker with out going to their site and asking ..............................because most of the time and mostly traders trying test things especially EAs on their current MT4 terminals and some indicators and EAs asking ECN/STP true false in property parameters but we don't know it exact ,and getting doubts may be indicator and or ea is not working,thanks.

regards

mntiwana

The simplest way is to check if the terminal does not allow you to open an order and place stop loss and take profit at the same time, then it is ECN/STP broker

mladen:

mntiwana

The simplest way is to check if the terminal does not allow you to open an order and place stop loss and take profit at the same time, then it is ECN/STP broker

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for reply,you are right,in general it goes this way,as you know well and exact than any.........well coded by a best one expert coder the EAs working/executing buy sell orders perfectly and exactly on ECN/STP brokers along with stop loss and take profit,what they do ,as i read some where they code this way that at first level order is executed then it is modified at second level with stop loss take profit ............ [ Some brokers (ECN ones) don’t allow expert advisors to set stop-loss or take-profit level in the OrderSend() function, even if it’s greater than their MODE_STOPLEVEL. In this case, you’ll have to change your EA to send orders without SL and TP and then use OrderModify() function to set stop-loss and take-profit on the open position ] ......... and some times stop loss/take profit level is too close to current market price than the specified limit of broker for SL/TP so in this case buy/sell orders are not accepted too,for this reason we can not say orders are not executing because of ECN/STP,so in this case we still can not recognized if the brokerage service is ECN/STP or not .......... any other hint or way to know,what type is my broker,by mt4 terminal only.....THANKS

REGARDS

mntiwana:

Dearest MLADEN

thanks for reply,you are right,in general it goes this way,as you know well and exact than any.........well coded by a best one expert coder the EAs working/executing buy sell orders perfectly and exactly on ECN/STP brokers along with stop loss and take profit,what they do ,as i read some where they code this way that at first level order is executed then it is modified at second level with stop loss take profit ............ [ Some brokers (ECN ones) don’t allow expert advisors to set stop-loss or take-profit level in the OrderSend() function, even if it’s greater than their MODE_STOPLEVEL. In this case, you’ll have to change your EA to send orders without SL and TP and then use OrderModify() function to set stop-loss and take-profit on the open position ] ......... and some times stop loss/take profit level is too close to current market price than the specified limit of broker for SL/TP so in this case buy/sell orders are not accepted too,for this reason we can not say orders are not executing because of ECN/STP,so in this case we still can not recognized if the brokerage service is ECN/STP or not .......... any other hint or way to know,what type is my broker,by mt4 terminal only.....THANKS

REGARDS

mntiwana

I have been checking and there is no way to use some code to find out if the broker is ecn/stp type.

You can check if there is an error after trying to open the order and assume that if it failed with stop loss and / or take profit set along then it is ecn / stp broker, but that is no guarantee at all (what if simply those were bellow minimal stop levels at the moment of opening). So, for now, we have to tell to the EA if that is an ECN/STP broker or not - no automatic way

krelian99:
Air92, who is Bill? Mr. Bill Tools? I tried also hundreds of indis, paid for systems that are only good on pictures, changed settings and so on, and yes, there is no holy grail. That's for sure. The best indis are here in Elite and Adv. Elite Section, some gems also are hidden in the 'usual' sections. Even these really good indis must be understood first and you must learn what they can tell you. Sounds you try price action now. Fast, clear and very good, but a very long way to learn. One day you can ask the right questions and you can predict quiet good where the price will go to. Or, that is easier and has much less surprises (good and bad) you should know whether market is bearish or bullish on your TF. When you know that (this is crucial - otherwise you jump from one bear/bull trap into the next one) then, only then, you can wait for confirmation of your indicator/s or be quicker and do it with your feeling. Good traders are 100pips in minus on one position and know that the market will turn and make big plus at the end. So, let's become one trader of the 3 or 4% which have success.

krelian,

i quoted from your old post for to get you back here,in our thread that is going dead,it was for so useful purpose but nobody used it proper way,you noticed even elite section thread is becoming same like "some thing interesting post here"thread from the day it opened for all of us,so fake kind indicators there increasing day by day,becoming a mixture of useless stuff so better to grow up your own started thread.

what you say about this MLADENs nice creation,very close to your favorite lab trend,i think same calculation/formation.i scratched out from old elite stuff,lol.thanks

it have only one adjustable feature (smoothing period} in property,if added more as for price and averages and some possible other factor,there is possibility to improve it more responsive.

regards

buy_sell_volume_2_mtf.mq4

Files:

mladen:

mntiwana

I have been checking and there is no way to use some code to find out if the broker is ecn/stp type.

You can check if there is an error after trying to open the order and assume that if it failed with stop loss and / or take profit set along then it is ecn / stp broker, but that is no guarantee at all (what if simply those were bellow minimal stop levels at the moment of opening). So, for now, we have to tell to the EA if that is an ECN/STP broker or not - no automatic way

Dearest MLADEN,

concerning to above old post......some where in net i read,we can have some idea about brokers stop level by adding these "print(marketinfo(),MODE_STOPLEVEL));" lines that will be print at screen brokers specified minimum levels,is it right and where exact we may add it.thanks.

regards

Krelian99,

i compared your modified/test ver with that lab trend,it seems me at some points your ver is winner with some tuning of additional length factor,congratulation,

can you try same way with volume 2.

here is comparison.upper one is your.

regards

Files:
2_1.png  129 kb
Reason: