Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively - page 23

krelian99:
I read a bit in the book (https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179737/page15) and I have to say, very interesting approach. It's diffrent, it's fresh and not that wide spread like CCI or Stoch. Remember, 95% of the traders loose. Why? Maybe why they use CCI and MACD. See the turning point when it comes, not when your CCI or MACD (or worse PSAR) say you it comes, then it is often far to late. This indis does a great job, believe me, it has much less arbitrariness and that is right that what we need.

Krelian,

thanks for referring this,i read some of this and yes you are right ,if you read some of ocean narration by MLADEN about ocean in the ocean thread some of starting pages,that is easy to understand and know what is ocean and mladen coded so many kind/style of indicators (nma,nma fast,ndx nxc,nmm,mas,mas ss,nmr,nst, based on it,really interesting and more favorite to me,last days i requested to boss for to merge all these in one unit as he did with all kind/style averages but dont know what is possible code wise and till he not replied,....dont know why such promising indicators pending behind for more adapting in different styles,so i am fully agree with you,better you know it and like it.thanks.

regards

myrx:

Hi there mntiwana and all ~ when i saw this mysterious trend lab indicator i was wondering what it even calculates. I don't know exactly how this one works but i like the way it looks.

As for good alternative i have only one indicator in mindfor now: "Heiken Ashi Smoothed Lines + arrows +alerts"which was given in this thread by mrtools www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/indicators-expert-systems-and-tools/13027-indicators-with-alerts-signal/page819#post880151 its a rather relieable tool, when you adjust the settings a bit. - just my humble opinion.

~ good trades, guys!

myrx,

thanks for your concerns,what krelian guess and told me it calculates high low of price and yes you are right.HA is a very good indicator and especially in smoothing needs,did you try it along with the candle chart,you will be feel bit difference than actual price,thanks.

regards

Price adapting (ocean theory) and price action (LabTrend) are very good tools. There is nothing mysterious or hokuspokus at LabTrend. If price goes below 68% of HH of the last 6 candles (default), it becomes bearish and res versa. An important FiboLevel is at 50% and 61.8%, so it even has a bit space for bias. And there is only a minimal arbitrariness.

The merging of the oceans... hmm, not all in one. You have to split it in maybe two or three. For testing it is good, for trading I don't know. Code means time, what is absolutely not much when you do the routine and subroutine once or twice, but while trading you do it in a loop and have some other indicators and MT4 has only single core support (am I wrong, mladen?). I regonize it on a monster machine that it slows down extremely if I open more than 6 charts with my template (with harmonic pattern). And you know mladen now a bit, if he says nothing, he has big doubts.

Gents,

I have downloaded all 4 indicators (LabTrend1_v4, LabTrend2_v2, LabTrend3_v2 and RSI_histogram) and the EA (LabTrendEA_v1 nmc) created by mladen. For some reason it is not working. It gives me error message line the attached one. Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

NOW:
Gents,

I have downloaded all 4 indicators (LabTrend1_v4, LabTrend2_v2, LabTrend3_v2 and RSI_histogram) and the EA (LabTrendEA_v1 nmc) created by mladen. For some reason it is not working. It gives me error message line the attached one. Can someone help please?

Thanks in advance.

as for Error130 usually happens when stop loss take profit are less than brokers recommended or broker is ecn stp supported and such brokers do not allow applied take profit stop loss before order executed,so you needs try first for exceed the limit of stop loss take profit ,if even order not accepted then you needs tuning your EA code wise......

and also you needs to request in concerning thread for example coding help.

regards

mntiwana:

as for Error130 usually happens when stop loss take profit are less than brokers recommended or broker is ecn stp supported and such brokers do not allow applied take profit stop loss before order executed,so you needs try first for exceed the limit of stop loss take profit ,if even order not accepted then you needs tuning your EA code wise......

and also you needs to request in concerning thread for example coding help.

regards

Thanks mntiwana for your suggestions. I tried different lot size, take profit and stop loss but it didn't work. I shall find the appropriate thread and ask for help.

NOW:
Thanks mntiwana for your suggestions. I tried different lot size, take profit and stop loss but it didn't work. I shall find the appropriate thread and ask for help.

First try executing any order sell/buy with out applying TP/SL, means zero.look if order accepted or not.

lot size is not matter.but you can test it with .01

mntiwana, thanks again for your time. mladen kindly responded on the Lab Trend thread. You were correct, it was the SL/TP. It started working when I used 3 digit.

Do you by any chance have the mq4 files for ocn nxc jsmooth slope div, DZZ of ocn nxc jsmooth and DDZ of ocn nxc of averages please? The snap shots you have posted in response to krelian99 were very impressive.

NOW:
mntiwana, thanks again for your time. mladen kindly responded on the Lab Trend thread. You were correct, it was the SL/TP. It started working when I used 3 digit. Do you by any chance have the mq4 files for ocn nxc jsmooth slope div, DZZ of ocn nxc jsmooth and DDZ of ocn nxc of averages please? The snap shots you have posted in response to krelian99 were very impressive.

nice to hear,........one of those is here.

regards

ocn_nxc_jsmooth_nrp_slope_divergence_2_mtf.mq4

mntiwana:

nice to hear,........one of those is here.

regards

ocn_nxc_jsmooth_nrp_slope_divergence_2_mtf.mq4

Thanks for the indicator. I must admit, I don't have much idea about the mathematical algorithm going behind these indicators. ddz of jsmooth indicator seems to identify very specific entry and exit candles. Could you post it here please? Thanks for your time again.

Reason: