Indicators with alerts/signal - page 700

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
zefx:
Should have known better. I could find only similar one, for the second indicator. ultra-filter.mq4ziggy_ultra_signal.mq4

And those are decompiled files

Trader54
Trader54  

I have the BB Squeeze which I believe I downloaded from this forum, when I apply it to some of the offline tick charts its seems to slow MT4 right down. Is it because I'm using offline tick charts? Or does it just do that. It seems it recalculates on each tick, would it help if I had the indicator so that it only did the calculation when the bar was complete? If there is a version of the indicator that would work like that.

I really only am looking for the indicator to tell me when the squeeze begins, no need for the momentum histogram if that would help. I have looked around but have not found anything like that.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Trader54:
I have the BB Squeeze which I believe I downloaded from this forum, when I apply it to some of the offline tick charts its seems to slow MT4 right down. Is it because I'm using offline tick charts? Or does it just do that. It seems it recalculates on each tick, would it help if I had the indicator so that it only did the calculation when the bar was complete? If there is a version of the indicator that would work like that.

I really only am looking for the indicator to tell me when the squeeze begins, no need for the momentum histogram if that would help. I have looked around but have not found anything like that.

Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Trader54

Which version exactly are you using?

Trader54
Trader54  

bbsqueeze_w_alert.mq4

mladen:
Trader54 Which version exactly are you using?

As far as Metatrader it is build 509, but what your probably asking is the indicator, I have attached it, Im trying to run about 5 offline tick charts. Using the Logdata and Postdata indicators to build them.

Like I said earlier all I care is to know when the squeeze goes on or off, hence I liked this version of the indicator since it had the alert.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Trader54:
bbsqueeze_w_alert.mq4

As far as Metatrader it is build 509, but what your probably asking is the indicator, I have attached it, Im trying to run about 5 offline tick charts. Using the Logdata and Postdata indicators to build them.

Like I said earlier all I care is to know when the squeeze goes on or off, hence I liked this version of the indicator since it had the alert.

Seems that with build 509 of metatrader IndicatorCounted() function always returns 0 when called from the offline chart - as a result it causes all the bars of the offline chart recalculated. Same thing happens with the new metatrader 4 (ested it with 3 different types of offline generating code and in all the cases the same thing happens). So it seems that you have found a bug in the metatrader 4

What you can do is to limit the maximal number of bars on chart (tools->options->max bars on chart) to 5000 (that should be enough for 99.99% of cases

Trader54
Trader54  
mladen:
Seems that with build 509 of metatrader IndicatorCounted() function always returns 0 when called from the offline chart - as a result it causes all the bars of the offline chart recalculated. Same thing happens with the new metatrader 4 (ested it with 3 different types of offline generating code and in all the cases the same thing happens). So it seems that you have found a bug in the metatrader 4 What you can do is to limit the maximal number of bars on chart (tools->options->max bars on chart) to 5000 (that should be enough for 99.99% of cases

Thanks so much for your quick response, will try that.

jerci
jerci  

AO signal simple favour...

Hi to everybody

Can anyone ad just an e-mail alert to this indicator (AO)

Thanks J.

Files:
ao_alert.mq4 4 kb
oxbuck
oxbuck  

Mladen,

After a couple of days, I don't know how this alert works. But it certainly doesn't alert when the yellow line in the chart changes direction. It's based on something else, entirely.

Would you be so kind as to program the alert into the original indicator I provided when line changes direction, either up or down? Thanks in advance for the trix log indicator, but again, the alert doesn't do what's needed.

Oxford Buck

mladen:
oxbuck

On the example picture the upper is trix log (this one, already with alerts : trix log alert.mq4 ) and the lower is trix13. As you can see there is no significant difference (except for the multiplier, but other than that they are almost the same)

As far as the formula applied, trix log uses the original formula described by the inventor of the trix indicator (Jack K. Hutson), so I recommend the usage of that one
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
oxbuck:
Mladen,

After a couple of days, I don't know how this alert works. But it certainly doesn't alert when the yellow line in the chart changes direction. It's based on something else, entirely.

Would you be so kind as to program the alert into the original indicator I provided when line changes direction, either up or down? Thanks in advance for the trix log indicator, but again, the alert doesn't do what's needed.

Oxford Buck

It alerts currently on a zero line cross

oxbuck
oxbuck  

I needed it to alert on my provided trix indicator when direction changes; or, on the trix log indicator when period & signal lines cross. Thanks.

mladen:
It alerts currently on a zero line cross