Requests & Ideas - page 82

camisa:
Hello,

When the attached indicator signals, it prints a dot

But when you plot the indicator in history, it only plots dots when the signal was valid at end of candle

What I want is for that indicator to print dots back in history whenever a signal was valid right from candle open (even if at that candle close the dot is not plotted because the signal wasn't valid anymore)

hello Mladen, can you please do the same thing with the 3 attached indicators? (a delayed version like you called it)

camisa

Moved your post here (cfb adaptive is a part of this section)

mladen:
camisa

This a BB macd with "delayed" option added. When delayed is turned on, then the current value is calculated as a value of previous closes + current open (BB macd originally uses only close for calculation). If set to false, it calculates as before. Again, in this one too, the assumption is that on the open of the bar close had to be the same as open

Here is a comparison of the 2 - upper is delayed and the lower is the original regular one. You can chose if you want a delayed or not with a Delayedparameter.

thank you very much Mladen... I prefer this "delayed" indicadors as they can provide an earlier entry...

And this one is a cfb adaptive wpr with delayed option.

Just some explanation : this is a correct version (mrTools already posted a corrected version, since in the first version he posted cfb was not calculated correctly) so values in this one differ from the one you posted because of that.

Like in the previous one, if you set the Delayed parameter to true it will use that delayed way of calculating otherwise it will work as a regular one. I would just like to tell that the delayed is not equal to a calculation with Open used for price. Instead it uses a combination of prices. For example : if you use close for regular calculation and the period is 5, it will use CCCCC for calculation while in delayed it will use CCCCO for calculation. Because of that the delayed is not to be compared to the "on Open" calculation (even in the case when you use Open for price it can not be compared since internally there are 2 points where delayed calculates wpr using HHHHO and LLLLO, while the regular using open prices for cfb would use HHHHH and LLLLL for wpr calculation)

I hope the explanation is not too complicated

Here is a comparison of delayed and non delayed version

PS: the delayed version shows the delayed values of wpr in the history too (those are exact delayed values that were valid at that time), so it is an "all delayed" version, sort of speaking. Bands are calculated on the wpr value so the differ because of that

camisa

This a BB macd with "delayed" option added. When delayed is turned on, then the current value is calculated as a value of previous closes + current open (BB macd originally uses only close for calculation). If set to false, it calculates as before. Again, in this one too, the assumption is that on the open of the bar close had to be the same as open

Here is a comparison of the 2 - upper is delayed and the lower is the original regular one. You can chose if you want a delayed or not with a Delayedparameter.

regards

Mladen

Files:

camisa

This is the lab trend with Delayed option. It is rewritten indicator and I recommend it for use because of one difference : multi time frame in this one works as it should while in the original in the multi time frame mode it delays the signals and bars for 1 bar (so that the original time frame does not correspond to the same data on other time frame)

The delayed is made it as we are used to till now : you have an Option Delayed and if set to true, it will use the "delayed calculation, if set to false it will work the regular way.

Here is a comparison of the regular (upper) and the delayed (lower) mode of 15 minute LabTrend on 5 minute chart

regards

Mladen

Thank you Mladen!

hum, is the indicator working right?

I just watched a labtrend dot appear at the start of a candle and then price went the other way and the dot disappeared... Once it prints a signal it should not erase the signal during candle time?

camisa

Did you set the Delayedparameter to true ? Default value is false.

Mladen

camisa:
hum, is the indicator working right? I just watched a labtrend dot appear at the start of a candle and then price went the other way and the dot disappeared... Once it prints a signal it should not erase the signal during candle time?

mladen:
camisa

Did you set the Delayedparameter to true ? Default value is false.

Mladen

yes........

Reason: