Using different charts with one EA

Is it possible to attach an EA to an 1H chart and then use earlier time periods (30M, 15M, 5M) to confirm the formation of buy/sell signals? If so how could this be done?

yes, you should sure you have earlier time periods (30M, 15M, 5M)'s data, and used those data to calculat buy/sell signals.

mrwobbles wrote >>
Is it possible to attach an EA to an 1H chart and then use earlier time periods (30M, 15M, 5M) to confirm the formation of buy/sell signals? If so how could this be done?

I assume that you mean shorter timeframe not earlier, see the example below "int timeframe" allows you to specify a time frame(longer or shorter) than that of the chart to which the ea is attached to, this is typical of many if not most of the indicators in MT4.( "0" defaults to current chart time frame.)

double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift)

HTH

Keith

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but essentially what I'm trying to do is look at the ADX or MACD indicator values for 5M upwards to confirm buy signals in the 1H chart. So say the indicator on the 1H chart shows a buy and the indicators on the 30M, 15M and 5M charts were all showing buy signals I'd take that as a strong buy, however if only one or two of them show buy signals i would take it as a weak buy/hold position.

kminler:

I assume that you mean shorter timeframe not earlier, see the example below "int timeframe" allows you to specify a time frame(longer or shorter) than that of the chart to which the ea is attached to, this is typical of many if not most of the indicators in MT4.( "0" defaults to current chart time frame.)

double iMA( string symbol, int timeframe, int period, int ma_shift, int ma_method, int applied_price, int shift)

HTH

Keith

ah that obvious? doh! cheers

Reason: