Do you think that the design of winner automated trading systems can be formalized?

What would you rely on if you had to develop a methodology for creating EAs? Can this be done? Is there a book or so for doing this? Thks.
Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
Create Your Own Expert Advisor in MQL5 Wizard
  • MetaQuotes Software Corp.
  • www.mql5.com
The knowledge of programming languages is no longer a prerequisite for creating trading robots. Earlier lack of programming skills was an impassable obstacle to the implementation of one's own trading strategies, but with the emergence of the MQL5 Wizard, the situation radically changed. Novice traders can stop worrying because of the lack of programming experience - with the new Wizard, which allows you to generate Expert Advisor code, it is not necessary.

Do you think that the design of winner automated trading systems can be formalized?

If it was, this person would already be a wealthy celebrity?

What would you rely on if you had to develop a methodology for creating EAs?

My-self and Ideas which I combine doing my own research.

Can this be done?

The odds are against the developer big-time.

Is there a book or so for doing this?

Building winning systems...No. Knowledge to program any system....Yes.

Start with the mql4-book if you haven't already. It's free.

Ubzen:

If it was, this person would already be a wealthy celebrity?

My-self and Ideas which I combine doing my own research.

The odds are against the developer big-time.

Building winning systems...No. Knowledge to program any system....Yes.

Start with the mql4-book if you haven't already. It's free.

Thks! Well, I think it's theoretically possible. I'm surprised no one but me will ask this question.

laplacianlab:
Thks! Well, I think it's theoretically possible. I'm surprised no one but me will ask this question.

don't be surprised because most people know it's a question that can not be answered.

Who are you asking? people like you. Do you see someone that has done it? Or you see people looking for it in forums? 

laplacianlab:
What is a winner EA ?

amir_avatar:

don't be surprised because most people know it's a question that can not be answered.

Who are you asking? people like you. Do you see someone that has done it? Or you see people looking for it in forums? 

Ok, thank you. I think it is a fairly basic question to start approaching these problems to avoid wasting time. I don't know where you are supposed to ask a question like this, anyway I also asked for a book covering this topic. 

A winner EA is an automated system able to produce a positive equity curve. My winner EA is supposed to rely on changing statistical facts which have previously demonstrated to exist. Anyway Ubzen is right, you already have the tools you need thanks to MQL5!

laplacianlab:

Ok, thank you. I think it is a fairly basic question to start approaching these problems to avoid wasting time. I don't know where you are supposed to ask a question like this, anyway I also asked for a book covering this topic. 

A winner EA is an automated system able to produce a positive equity curve. My winner EA is supposed to rely on changing statistical facts which have previously demonstrated to exist. Anyway Ubzen is right, you already have the tools you need thanks to MQL5!

A positive equity curve, ok, how long ? Which equity curve (from backtesting, forward testing real or demo) ?

angevoyageur:
A positive equity curve, ok, how long ? Which equity curve (from backtesting, forward testing real or demo) ?
The length of the curve wouldn't matter. The charts contain deterministic patterns that are not hidden in the ticks I think. You just have to find those patterns! The length of the equity curve would depend on the quality of those deterministic patterns, and their frequency. Anyway I see that it's quite complicated. Thks.

laplacianlab:
The length of the curve wouldn't matter. The charts contain deterministic patterns that are not hidden in the ticks I think. You just have to find those patterns! The length of the equity curve would depend on the quality of those deterministic patterns, and their frequency. Anyway I see that it's quite complicated. Thks.
How do you know that ? All the problem is here, how can we prove it exist a deterministic pattern in a chart ? What do you mean by deterministic ? Always winning pattern ?

angevoyageur:
How do you know that ? All the problem is here, how can we prove it exist a deterministic pattern in a chart ? What do you mean by deterministic ? Always winning pattern ?

Thks very much! I see it is a difficult question, i'll try to do some research if I finally have the time to do something like this. You would prove that deterministic patterns exist just by observation! By deterministic pattern I mean something that statistically is not random. That's it. For instance.. I can't write anymore. lol. Though I suppose there must be something already written in some artice or book explaining this, maybe in MQL5 Articles. I'll do some research. Or maybe its not possible. 

There is a lot of statistical stuff in MQL5 Articles to approach hypothetical EA formalization via statistical way. I have just manually converted all those articles into PDF format thanks to an online converter and downloaded to my ebook... This is quite hard though. I am reading the manual thks MQL5 Community. 

Reason: