Requests & Ideas - page 126

Hello,

Maybe one could have the positive and neagtive stacked on top of another so that it fils the histogram out and saves space?

Cheers and thank you for all

D

Xo steps 2 ...

Added colored bars when minimum or maximum is reached. Some code change (corrections). Still "just" 100 XO instances calculation. As far as I see not too much space for optimization (the main problem is the memory usage - even now it is a bars x 400 dimension array) nut if something comes to mind will do it

PS; if someone wants to see how it works, set the BoxStartPeriod and BoxEndPeriod to same value and set the steps to 1, and then compare it to "simple" XO. It will be immediately clear what does it do

PPS: with all XO indicators box sizes (since they are actually pips) should be adjusted to time frames and symbols. As a general rule for higher time frames box periods (sizes) should be bigger

Files:

Cpu friendly combined signal

Hello Mladen, thanks for your efforts. please consider my earlier requests, i.e ( 1 ) kindly use the indicator I X O A H instead of XO ( 2 ) we can use 10 in 1 instead of the earlier 200 ( 3 ) when all 10 are above level 0.00 the bar will show GREEN and when all 10 are below level 0.00 the bar will show RED. However, whenever all 10 are NOT IN THE SAME DIRECTION ,it will show WHITE. THANKS

Averages macd

Hello MLaden, kindly add ( SHIFT ) to the variables on your ( averages MACD mtf-alerts ) THANKS

Advanced parabolic sar

HELLO MLADEN , Can we create an improved version of the PARABOLIC SAR that corrects its major shortcoming in its design. THE PROBLEM : The problem with the Parabolic SAR is within its design. The stop accelerates at an ever increasing rate and then maintains that acceleration factor EVEN WHEN MOMENTUM SLOWS. While Price action may PAUSE the Parabolic stop DOES NOT. Eventually the parabolic stop HASTILY collides with price action and PREMATURELY reverses to the opposite directon only for the trend to continue shortly afterwards. POSSIBLE SOLUTION : Would it be possible to incorporate a PAUSE on the acceleration of the SAR whenever there is bar that closes with NEGATIVE MOMENTUM ? I strongly belief this is possible. please lets give it a try

winner246

This is a comparison of XO and I XO A H indicator when the parameters are the same. As you can see the values are exactly the same in values. There is no difference between the two. XO is simplified and cleaned up code (it was a first step towards multiple XO calculation : it was necessary in order to make it possible to efficiently do the job)

As of 10 in 1 : just set the starting period and ending period and set the steps to 10. The "steps" indicator can calculate from 1 to 100 instances of XO. In the indicator when all are in the same direction it gets a gold color, but you can set any color you wish in the colors properties

winner246:
Hello Mladen, thanks for your efforts. please consider my earlier requests, i.e ( 1 ) kindly use the indicator I X O A H instead of XO ( 2 ) we can use 10 in 1 instead of the earlier 200 ( 3 ) when all 10 are above level 0.00 the bar will show GREEN and when all 10 are below level 0.00 the bar will show RED. However, whenever all 10 are NOT IN THE SAME DIRECTION ,it will show WHITE. THANKS
Files:
xo_compared.gif  25 kb

Xo step 2

HELLO MLADEN, THANK YOU very much for a job well done. Can you add a variable to the input that enables one to input a SPECIFIC NUMBER OF PIPS AS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN EACH STEP e.g if we specify 10 as distance between each step we can have the XO values for 610, then 620, then 630, etc INSTEAD OF 610, 611,612,613 in the present design. Once again thank you for your service.

XO steps 3 ...

Here you go Already thought that it might be a good idea (that is why so fast). Added 1 parameter. StepDistance. If it is set to 0 or less than 0, then everything is done as before. If you enter some value greater than 0 then that step + the number of steps is used for calculation (you will see the BoxEndPeriod calculated that way in the name of the indicator too). So with this one you can have it both ways

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, THANK YOU very much for a job well done. Can you add a variable to the input that enables one to input a SPECIFIC NUMBER OF PIPS AS THE DISTANCE BETWEEN EACH STEP e.g if we specify 10 as distance between each step we can have the XO values for 610, then 620, then 630, etc INSTEAD OF 610, 611,612,613 in the present design. Once again thank you for your service.
Files:

XO Steps 3

Hello Mladen,

Would it be possible to make this one into a pure histogram version = instead of having bars above and below 0 line just have the positive and negative bars stacked on top of each other to fully fill out a histogram, as a space saving measure. And have an alert for when no longer maximum bar.

THANK YOU FOR ALL

Daniel

dakiki

I am simply brain dead as far as a "pure histogram" version is concerned. The problem is that this indicator is not "binary" and we can not simplify it to just 2 values (since the ratio of up and down values is probably the most important info the indicator is giving) If I come up with some solution, will post it

dakiki:
Hello Mladen,

Would it be possible to make this one into a pure histogram version = instead of having bars above and below 0 line just have the positive and negative bars stacked on top of each other to fully fill out a histogram, as a space saving measure. And have an alert for when no longer maximum bar.

THANK YOU FOR ALL

Daniel
Reason: