• Join us

Requests & Ideas - page 132

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Dynamic cycle explorer

Hi mladen,

I have been playing around with the dynamic cycle explorer manually plugging in values from Phase accumulation. Would it be possible to make a PA version? It might also be interesting to add a bar counter where it would be possible to see how many bars have passed since the colour change. It does not matter that the indicator recalculates, it is just to have a rough idea of the swing length.

Many thanks,

Alex

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

A question ...

Alex

I need a further explanation : there are 6 calculating periods. Should all of them be made PA adaptive? Or you have some other idea on mind?

In the mean time here is this version that does not use any external indicators and is a bit faster than the original

hughesfleming:
Hi mladen,

I have been playing around with the dynamic cycle explorer manually plugging in values from Phase accumulation. Would it be possible to make a PA version? It might also be interesting to add a bar counter where it would be possible to see how many bars have passed since the colour change. It does not matter that the indicator recalculates, it is just to have a rough idea of the swing length.

Many thanks,

Alex
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

And this one : this has color changes and is displaying the number of bars since the slope direction has changed

Let me know about the way you think PA should be exactly implemented

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Hi mladen,

Actually I had not seen that version before. The one I downloaded to look at only had two cycles with 46 and 23 periods. The idea was to replace those two periods with the first and second cycle. I have attached the mq4.

Thanks,

Alex

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Try this one

There is 2 modes of working. If you set the PeriodDivisor t some value greater than 0 than the periods are going to be calculated from first PaCycle and filter data and the second period is going to be the first period divided by that divisor. If the Period divisor is 0, then data for second pa cycle are going to be used for second period.

But, all in all, I do not think that the result is what you are expecting to be. Since centered TMA does not "inherit" previous values, changes in values when the period is changed are quite sudden and the result is not as smooth as expected (see the comparison of the 2 :

PS: there is one more parameter added - the MinimalBarsToRedraw. Since we do not know how many bars will be changed in the centered TMA (due to constant period changes), this makes sure that all the bars that need to be recalculated re recalculated.

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Thanks!

I knew what raw phase accumulation values looked like so I guessed it might not be pretty. Still in this case, manual entry of values seems a better way to go.

regards,

Alex

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

Thanks mladen,

I have added the "slope changed" code to the original non PA version and it is much more useful that way.

Alex

Maxwell10
Maxwell10  

Volatility Illuminated

Are there any indicators from Mark Whistler's book Volatility Illuminated laying around here somewhere,I think I remember seeing a vwap ex4 but I'm not quite sure if it's the same one he uses in book,if no one know what I'm talking about I will purchase book myself too see exactly what indicators are available,thanks

winner246
winner246  

Reply to post 1310

Hello NEW DIGITAL, MLADEN and MRTOOLS, i am hoping to get some information from any of you in response to my request in post 1310, thanks for your services.

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

winner246

I am working on it. This is the current state of it : I assumed you want the smoothed balance of market power, so this one has that one - jurik smoothed balance of market power. NMC is left to implement yet

winner246:
Hello NEW DIGITAL, MLADEN and MRTOOLS, i am hoping to get some information from any of you in response to my request in post 1310, thanks for your services.
Files:
oeob_1.mq4 9 kb