MAGIC NUMBER

I have 1 EA, I want to attach on 2 same charts that is EURUSD M15: but with different magic numbers for another EA equity sentry to close profitable trades from chart one at 10 pip profit and profitable trades from chart 2 at 20 pip profits. Both will open positions at the same time as per the same EA but close position with different equity profit settings. How I can set magic number to obtain this result?

SSSNO1:
I have 1 EA, I want to attach on 2 same charts that is EURUSD M15: but with different magic numbers for another EA equity sentry to close profitable trades from chart one at 10 pip profit and profitable trades from chart 2 at 20 pip profits. Both will open positions at the same time as per the same EA but close position with different equity profit settings. How I can set magic number to obtain this result?

that will depend on how the EA is coded. it is only possible if the logic of the EA is on handling individual pair basket profit instead of monitoring the entire account balance

So if I attach the EA, can you please see how this can be implemented?

This is what I did:

> As above I want same EA to be operated on 2 same charts but with different equity TPs and same equity SLs. The EA Entry Grid performs the task of opening orders upon signal. It opens buy with 7 buy limit POS below and vice versa.

> The chart to be used was EURUSD M15. I tried placing them on 2 EURUSD M15 charts but it just generated 1 live order with 7 POS, I wanted 2 live orders with 14 POS. I got around this by having a Forex Copier create a source terminal and 2 receiver terminals with same account number. The source terminal would transfer 1 signal multiplied into 2 to same account thus acheiving 2 live orders with 14 POS.

> Receiver 1 terminal attached with another EA equity sentry to monitor the equity and close its trades with magic number 8 at equity profit of 10USD and equity loss of 30USD.

> Reciever 2 terminal attached with EA equity sentry to monitor the equity and close its trades with magic number 9 at equity profit of 20USD and equity loss of 30 USD.

The above is the plan, upto second bullet it has worked, but I still have to verify the last two bullets. Will it work the way I want? The equity sentry EA doesnt close the POS, it would be very helpful if someone attached any coded EA that could do this all.

Thank you

OR is this the correct way to get what I want?

> Entry Grid EA has a magic number option.

> I want to attach this EA on 5 charts: EURUSD M15,  EURUSD M15, USDJPY M15, AUDUSD M15, USDCAD M15.

> I will attach with different magic nos: 400000             500000           700000       800000           900000

> Another EA equity sentry magic nos set to same as above and attached 5 times with corresponding magics.

> Should monitor trades of each chart individually and calculate equity of that group to close all specific live trades and pos when equity profit hit or equity loss hit.

I hope you get what I mean. Can it work this way to get what I want?

Thank you

I can attach EAs both if you can implement them to work this way please at no cost.

Thank you

SSSNO1:

So if I attach the EA, can you please see how this can be implemented?

This is what I did:

> As above I want same EA to be operated on 2 same charts but with different equity TPs and same equity SLs. The EA Entry Grid performs the task of opening orders upon signal. It opens buy with 7 buy limit POS below and vice versa.

> The chart to be used was EURUSD M15. I tried placing them on 2 EURUSD M15 charts but it just generated 1 live order with 7 POS, I wanted 2 live orders with 14 POS. I got around this by having a Forex Copier create a source terminal and 2 receiver terminals with same account number. The source terminal would transfer 1 signal multiplied into 2 to same account thus acheiving 2 live orders with 14 POS.

> Receiver 1 terminal attached with another EA equity sentry to monitor the equity and close its trades with magic number 8 at equity profit of 10USD and equity loss of 30USD.

> Reciever 2 terminal attached with EA equity sentry to monitor the equity and close its trades with magic number 9 at equity profit of 20USD and equity loss of 30 USD.

The above is the plan, upto second bullet it has worked, but I still have to verify the last two bullets. Will it work the way I want? The equity sentry EA doesnt close the POS, it would be very helpful if someone attached any coded EA that could do this all.

Thank you

My adivce: get a coder to modify it for you at the Freelance section. To make your life easy for you.

What you are describing can only be done in MT4, not MT5. Magic numbers in MT5 are good for monitoring/ deleting pending orders NOT managing positions

Yeah I want in MT4 only. So can it be done, please if you can show me because the trading plan needs to incorporate this that I have.

Original message:

> I want to attach this EA on 5 charts: EURUSD M15,  EURUSD M15, USDJPY M15, AUDUSD M15, USDCAD M15.

> I will attach with different magic nos: 400000             500000           700000       800000           900000

> Another EA equity sentry magic nos set to same as above and attached 5 times with corresponding magics.

> Should monitor trades of each chart individually and calculate equity of that group to close all specific live trades and pos when equity profit hit or equity loss hit.

Thank you

I can attach EAs both if you can implement them to work this way please at no cost.

Thank you

SSSNO1:

Yeah I want in MT4 only. So can it be done, please if you can show me because the trading plan needs to incorporate this that I have.

Original message:

Thank you

Thank you

In MT4 this is straight forward. Have the magic number as an input to your EA that way each EA that is attached to a chart is assigned a unique magic number.
Once this is done, each EA to then places orders based on its respective magic number and only monitors/ closes orders that are of its magic number. So if you want unique take profit settings for each EA then these can also be an input to each EA

Yes I get what you are saying strategy tester, my question is can I have same EA  not different EAs, attached 5 times with unique magic numbers as above so that it is treated differently so that whatever orders opened by the EA on each chart gets treated differently for equity management EA on the other account to recognize them differently and perform its action on those group accordingly?

Entry GRID1 EA [on Account X EA which places orders] is what I am referring to has a magic number option. Equity Sentry EA [on Account Y where all orders from X are copied via trade copier to Y] has a magic number option.

I want to attach Entry GRID 1 to Account X 4 times: EURUSD M15, AUDUSD M15, USDJPY M15, USDCAD M15.

If I attach on each chart by changing magic number of Entry Grid1 ON EACH, can it be done as you said magic number can also be treated as an input but bear in mind that it is the same EA to all 4 charts.

Now orders get copied to Account Y where I will attach Equity Sentry, the Equity managament EA 4 times exactly as above with magic numbers as above too.

So will it monitor specific trades as a 1 single group corresponding to that magic number and perform equity actions accordingly?

EURUSD set at Equity TP USD 2 Equity Loss USD 30

AUDUSD same as above.

USDJPY set at Equity TP USD 2.52 Equity Loss USD 30

USDCAD set at Equity TP USD 3.535 Equity Loss USD 30

What I want: USD 2 of EURUSD reached close only EURUSD leave others running and not close the entire account when cummulative profit reached USD 2. The equity sentry EA must be able to manage only EURUSD for above settings and must monitor only its equity and close accordingly. Same way for the other 3 securities.

So by using the magic number the way I posted, can this be achieved?

OR

I am attaching here another EA: Swiss army can you please help me get a .set file which will do this above. I am attaching the PDF also, there are many options, I tried a setting but I didnt get what I want. Please if you can help, in that no need to complicate with magic numbers as symbol specific can be placed true. But I dont know, it has many settings, if you know a setting which will do above, if you can create a .set file it will be of great help.

Thank you

Attachments:
Files:

https://www.forex-tsd.com/forum/debates-discussions/indicators-expert-systems-and-tools/metatrader-4/6731-swiss-army-ea-automatic-order-management

If you can check this link, download the files swiss army, there is manual there, I cannot get to attach it here.

Thank you

Swiss Army EA (Automatic order management) - Forex TSD: Trading Strategies, Software and Brokers Forum
  • ryanklefas Forex Trader Join Date: Apr 2006 Posts: 415
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 4 Trading Platform
Reason: