Requests & Ideas - page 123

averageiq
averageiq  

Mladen

Thank you for the clarification.

mladen:
averageiq closed bar of the target time frame must not change but the still opened bar of the target time frame is a subhect of normal opened bar changes

I was wondering if its possible to visually indicate the "still in progress" state and the "confirmed state".

Let me use my last chart example....

Noticed that the indicator initially signalled a "step up" (blue line)last night and then eventually reverted to a"step down" signalling when I checked later this morning.

So, the "step up" signal was essentially still "work in progress" on the higher time frame - in this case Daily (1440). Can we indicate this using a colored signal - say yellow.

Attached screenshot - area marked "x" is where the indicator switched the direction of signal"

This switch in this example was actually the completed state on the higher TF - now we indicate this "confirmed state" using a colored signal - say Green.

So, going back to my last chart post, I would see an yellow "step up" signal and eventually a green "step down" signal. Is it possible to introduce this color coded "state" information into the indicator?

Files:
usdcad1h.gif 17 kb
dtosc.mq4 5 kb
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Dtosc with completition zone ...

averageiq

Try out this version

When it is not working in mtf you are not going to see any difference. But when you switch to multi time frame mode there will be a zone (if the ShowZone parameter is set to true) that is marking which is the value that is a subject t changes (like on the picture : it is a one hour dtosc on a 5 minute chart - the value within the darker zone can and will probably change).

regards

Mladen

averageiq:
Mladen

Thank you for the clarification.

I was wondering if its possible to visually indicate the "still in progress" state and the "confirmed state".

Let me use my last chart example....

So, the "step up" signal was essentially still "work in progress" on the higher time frame - in this case Daily (1440). Can we indicate this using a colored signal - say yellow.

This switch in this example was actually the completed state on the higher TF - now we indicate this "confirmed state" using a colored signal - say Green.

So, going back to my last chart post, I would see an yellow "step up" signal and eventually a green "step down" signal. Is it possible to introduce this color coded "state" information into the indicator?
averageiq
averageiq  
mladen:
averageiq

Try out this version

When it is not working in mtf you are not going to see any difference. But when you switch to multi time frame mode there will be a zone (if the ShowZone parameter is set to true) that is marking which is the value that is a subject t changes (like on the picture : it is a one hour dtosc on a 5 minute chart - the value within the darker zone can and will probably change).

regards

Mladen

Thank you very much - that helps visually. One final question to reinforce the visual (as well as my understanding) ...

In the attached picture (same setup as before, but completion zones enabled)...

While the current "state" of the signal lurks in the zone, the DOWN signal marked with a check mark in chart is the last "confirmed" state of USD/CAD in Daily TF- Is that a fair understanding / assumption?

Thank you for taking the time to explain and providing the tools as well - You're a true mentor.

Files:
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

averageiq

Yes, that is exactly that. While in the "zone" it is a still opened (subject to changes) bar of the higher time frames so your last confirmed signals is the one that you marked correctly

averageiq:
Thank you very much - that helps visually. One final question to reinforce the visual (as well as my understanding) ...

In the attached picture (same setup as before, but completion zones enabled)...

While the current "state" of the signal lurks in the zone, the DOWN signal marked with a check mark in chart is the last "confirmed" state of USD/CAD in Daily TF- Is that a fair understanding / assumption?

Thank you for taking the time to explain and providing the tools as well - You're a true mentor.
hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

CSV Exporter

Dear mladen,

Attached is a CSV exporter indicator written by Hanover over at forexfactory where I have adjusted the settings to export daily data to Rapidminer. Would it be possible to add a "days back" feature so that it would be possible to automatically output yesterdays data or data from two days ago? In the code he has an example of how to set the output for -10 years but I could not figure out how it do it for one day.

Many thanks,

Alex

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Alex

It has 2 parameters that it is using in exporting and it works strictly using those 2 parameters : FromDateTime and ThruDateTime. So if you set those parameters to desired dates and time it should work. You only have to take care of the date format. It is a "yyyy.mm.dd hh:mm" (so the month goes in front of the day). Attaching a 30 minute csv from today created by the indicator

hughesfleming:
Dear mladen,

Attached is a CSV exporter indicator written by Hanover over at forexfactory where I have adjusted the settings to export daily data to Rapidminer. Would it be possible to add a "days back" feature so that it would be possible to automatically output yesterdays data or data from two days ago? In the code he has an example of how to set the output for -10 years but I could not figure out how it do it for one day.

Many thanks,

Alex
Files:
dakiki
dakiki  

alb Triangular MA

Hello Mr Tools!

Would it be possible for you to make a non repainting version of the attached indicator? It just facilitates visual backtesting by a lot!

Thank you very much for all!

Daniel

hughesfleming
hughesfleming  

CSV exporter

Thanks mladen,

Alex

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  

Daniel,

Please read this thread regarding triangular moving average, centered triangular moving average and the non-repainting of the centered triangular moving average : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/181241

dakiki:
Hello Mr Tools!

Would it be possible for you to make a non repainting version of the attached indicator? It just facilitates visual backtesting by a lot!

Thank you very much for all!

Daniel
dakiki
dakiki  

Alb Triangular MA

Hello Mladen and MrTools,

I read the thread and a lot of the FF thread by Mr AL. I find the TMATrue (non-repainting) as attached useful for visual backtesting.

I thought something similar could be done for the alb Triangular MA.

Daniel

Files:
tmatrue.mq4 6 kb