Requests & Ideas - page 133

O e o b indicator

Hello MLaden, On the DATA Window,the indicator would always show 3 different values, i.e,(a)NMA (b)NMF (c) NMC. I am refering to ONLY (a) NMA and (c) NMC. Also if you go to the COLORS input of the indicator,there are FOUR COLORS numbered 0, 1, 2, and 3. I DO NOT use 0 and 2 and as such i silence their color by placing NONE. i only use colors (1) and (3) since they both capture the two values i am refering to. i hope this helps, THANKS

oeob

winner246

Try it out now

It has all the four indicator embedded now (osma, Elder's impulse, Balance of market power and Natural market combo with Natural market average). If you wish to try how each of them works alone, you turn the Use+"name" off to all the others and you will see how that singe indicator is working (so, in one manner, it can show any combination of those 4 indicators trend - 10 combinations if I am correct)

Files:
oeob.gif  23 kb
oeob_2.mq4  13 kb

O E O B Indicator

HELLO MLADEN, thanks for the great work. 3 of the 4 indicators are giving the correct signals except the OSMA. if you put only the osma on true and crosscheck its signal with that of the original OSMA using identical values you will immediately notice the difference,kindly effect the correction. THANKS

oeob ...

You had one additional condition considering OSMA - that the osma is > 0 or <0 and that the slope is corresponding (that additional condition was causing the difference). Anyway, added one more option (OSMAZeroPosition) and now you can turn that condition on and off. If you set it to false (default setting now), here is the comparison of osma and oeob indicator when showing only osma :

PS: only now noticed that there is a slight error in OSMA histogram indicator. Attaching the corrected OSMA histogram (there was at one place an expression telling 1*SignalPeriod and it should be 1+SignalPeriod (I have to buy stronger glasses) The difference in all is not too big (the effect is that they are the same if you decrement signal period in oeob indicator by 1 or you had to add 1 to the OSMA histogram signal indicator in order to get the same) So use this osma histogram since it is the correct one (oeob calculated OSMA correctly from the start)

regards

Mladen

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, thanks for the great work. 3 of the 4 indicators are giving the correct signals except the OSMA. if you put only the osma on true and crosscheck its signal with that of the original OSMA using identical values you will immediately notice the difference,kindly effect the correction. THANKS
Files:

O e o b indicator

HELLO MLADEN, it seems you did not get me right from the beginning.First i would like to emphasis that the difference between the original OSMA and the OSMA HISTOGRAM is that the OSMA HISTOGRAM signal is based simply on the positive and negative difference between the osma values of the current bar and that of the preceding bar. The OSMA HISTOGRAM Does NOT use the 0.00 level for its calculations,i.e the OSMA HISTOGRAM can be GREEN even when the osma setting it is using is currently BELOW THE 0.00 LINE. IT simply gives a GREEN signal once the current osma bar closes positively higher than its precedind bar. SECONDLY, the O E O B indicator is based on the ORIGINAL OSMA crossing its 0.00 LINE. The osma histogram IS NOT to be used for the O E O B indicator. finally i noticed that The osma signal of the last version of the O E O B you just posted still differs from the original osma signal.please check and effect the appropriate correction. THANKS FOR YOUR DILIGENT service.

winner246

If OSMAZeroPosition is set to false, it work only on the slope of the osma line, and it works correctly

I do not know what OSMA are you using as a reference (you might post it here for our testing too) but the calculation of OSMA in the OEOB is correct (to remind OSMA - MACD-Signal line) where Signal line equal EMA(of MACD If you are comparing it to metatrader versions, metatrader does not use EMA for signal but SMA (and it makes it the only platform in the whole wide world that calculated MACD signal line like that) so forget about the metatrader built in osma (they have been told it a thousand times and they still do not know to calculate neither macd nor osma as it should be, but that is a very old story)

regards

Mladen

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, it seems you did not get me right from the beginning.First i would like to emphasis that the difference between the original OSMA and the OSMA HISTOGRAM is that the OSMA HISTOGRAM signal is based simply on the positive and negative difference between the osma values of the current bar and that of the preceding bar. The OSMA HISTOGRAM Does NOT use the 0.00 level for its calculations,i.e the OSMA HISTOGRAM can be GREEN even when the osma setting it is using is currently BELOW THE 0.00 LINE. IT simply gives a GREEN signal once the current osma bar closes positively higher than its precedind bar. SECONDLY, the O E O B indicator is based on the ORIGINAL OSMA crossing its 0.00 LINE. The osma histogram IS NOT to be used for the O E O B indicator. finally i noticed that The osma signal of the last version of the O E O B you just posted still differs from the original osma signal.please check and effect the appropriate correction. THANKS FOR YOUR DILIGENT service.

Osma histogram

HELLO MLADEN, thanks for your prompt and revealing response. for the OSMA HISTOGRAM should we discard the earlier one and use the one you have just posted ?

winner246

OF OSMA histogram : Yes The previous was having that coding error in it

And just for the sake of compromise, added one option into OEOB : UseMTOSMA. If you set it to true it will use that faulty built in OSMA calculation, if it is set to false it will use the original Gerald Appel MACD (and ultimately OSMA) calculation. This way you have all the bases covered but be advised that metatrader built in MACD and OSMA are not what the original MACD and OSMA are

winner246:
HELLO MLADEN, thanks for your prompt and revealing response. for the OSMA HISTOGRAM should we discard the earlier one and use the one you have just posted ?
Files:
oeob_4.mq4  14 kb

O e o b indicator

Hello mladen, thank you very much for your skillful services. I would like to know if the O E O B indicator is a stand alone indicator or to use it we must also have all 4 indicators that it consists of.

winner246

It is a standalone indicator (everything is embedded in it)

winner246:
Hello mladen, thank you very much for your skillful services. I would like to know if the O E O B indicator is a stand alone indicator or to use it we must also have all 4 indicators that it consists of.
Reason: