Requests & Ideas - page 329

mladen:
Here you go : gann_highlow_activator_ea_1.02.mq4 Now it opens orders when the previous order was closed

Hi Mladen, I am having troubles with this EA when using it with a ECN broker and setting ECN=true. In one case it didn't place a SL (25 pips) but only a TP.

And it seems that there is something wrong with the signals when using it in strategy tester ?

Help is greatly appreciated as always.

Gfuchs:
Hi Mladen, I am having troubles with this EA when using it with a ECN broker and setting ECN=true. In one case it didn't place a SL (25 pips) but only a TP.

And it seems that there is something wrong with the signals when using it in strategy tester ?

Help is greatly appreciated as always.

Gfuchs

This is a very quick visual test with ecn broker set to true. As you can see, take profit and stop loss are handled properly and it is working in back test OK too. This was taken n build 660.

Are all indicators at place? What was the setting for stop loss when it did not place it?

Files:
gann_1.gif  84 kb

mladen:
Gfuchs

This is a very quick visual test with ecn broker set to true. As you can see, take profit and stop loss are handled properly and it is working in back test OK too. This was taken n build 660.

Are all indicators at place? What was the setting for stop loss when it did not place it?

Hi Mladen, all indicators are in place. I was using it on De30 (Price: 9920,00) and I have set e.g. 600 TP and 2500 SL. (6 Pips and 25 pips) The last order it opened was a correct TP but no SL at all. 100 % sure that I had an SL set in the EA. Don't know whats wrong. I will do further testing.

mladen:
Gfuchs

Concering strategy tester: When I don't set a TP and no SL and have the setting "Close onTrendChange = true" then it doesn't seem to work correctly ? Because it should close and open another order on trend change ?

Gfuchs:
Concering strategy tester: When I don't set a TP and no SL and have the setting "Close onTrendChange = true" then it doesn't seem to work correctly ? Because it should close and open another order on trend change ?

Gfuchs

ECN broker set to true

Close on trend change set to true

Stop loss ad take profit set to 0

See the results : it is working as it should

Files:
gann_2.gif  105 kb

mladen:
Gfuchs

ECN broker set to true

Close on trend change set to true

Stop loss ad take profit set to 0

See the results : it is working as it should

Mladen, please don't punch me. I found the error. The lotsize was too big for the account

It was still set to 30 Lots for De30, which is nothing, but in strategy tester I was testing it on EurUsd

Forgive me please and sorry for wasting your time.

mladen:
rayphua Try out this version : cci_woody_double_2.02.ex4

Mladen, revisiting this indicator you had coded for me, I found issues with the rendering of the indicator.

Indicator works fine when setting 240 timeframe and viewing on a 240 chart, however if i was to set indicator timeframe to 1440 (and I assume anything higher) and viewing on a 240 chart, the rendering of the indicator is skewed towards the right. Try comparing the original indicator before your coding and place this coded indicator and you will see what I mean. Kindly help me correct this error, thank you.

After further checking, it looks like it is not just skewed to the right, in some areas the rendering of the coded indicator is not even the same as the original indicator, which could explain why on occasions the predicted rendering does not equal actual rendering even when price did not move from the time of observation. Kindly check, thank you.

rayphua:
Mladen, revisiting this indicator you had coded for me, I found issues with the rendering of the indicator.

Indicator works fine when setting 240 timeframe and viewing on a 240 chart, however if i was to set indicator timeframe to 1440 (and I assume anything higher) and viewing on a 240 chart, the rendering of the indicator is skewed towards the right. Try comparing the original indicator before your coding and place this coded indicator and you will see what I mean. Kindly help me correct this error, thank you.

After further checking, it looks like it is not just skewed to the right, in some areas the rendering of the coded indicator is not even the same as the original indicator, which could explain why on occasions the predicted rendering does not equal actual rendering even when price did not move from the time of observation. Kindly check, thank you.

rayphua

That is completely normal for multi time frame inmdicator

There is nothing out of the ordinary in the way how multi time frame is handled in that indicator

mladen:
rayphua

That is completely normal for multi time frame inmdicator

There is nothing out of the ordinary in the way how multi time frame is handled in that indicator

Mladen, not sure if you understood what I meant. When I place the original double cci mtf indicator and the one you coded which should be similar to the original indicator except for the predictive portion, with timeframe 1440 on a timeframe 240 chart, the rendering of both indicators look different. They should not look different.

rayphua:
Mladen, not sure if you understood what I meant. When I place the original double cci mtf indicator and the one you coded which should be similar to the original indicator except for the predictive portion, with timeframe 1440 on a timeframe 240 chart, the rendering of both indicators look different. They should not look different.

rayphua

Please read the original request. It has to be like that since you requested that it "predicts" using the current bars prices as the potential future value

Reason: