Requests & Ideas - page 278

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

The indicator works properly now. Thanks !

pooh

Glad that it is solved Happy trading

mladen:
pooh Found one issue in the code that could cause that. It is corrected now. Please test it and let me know

Hi Mladen,

Found a new issue with the histo version of the indicator today. The indicator stopped working since the re-open of markets on Monday. Please see attached pic. In the 2nd indicator window, the red circled is blank. However, the non-histo version still works, as you can see in the 1st indicator window. I checked multiple pairs where I inserted this histo indicator and the results are the same. Then I opened a new window and inserted the indicator and it works properly, just that I lost all historical data from this indicator.

As this indicator only works when there's live data feed, and all indicator data disappears when you close the chart, I opened multiple windows and keep this indicator on and never close those charts and I ran this MT4 platform on a VPS 24 x 7. So over time it might take a lot of memory. Can this be a cause of the problem ? But, then why does the non-histo version still work properly ?

p.s.

I changed color for the histo version from orange to brown.

Thank you,

pooh

Files:

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Found a new issue with the histo version of the indicator today. The indicator stopped working since the re-open of markets on Monday. Please see attached pic. In the 2nd indicator window, the red circled is blank. However, the non-histo version still works, as you can see in the 1st indicator window. I checked multiple pairs where I inserted this histo indicator and the results are the same. Then I opened a new window and inserted the indicator and it works properly, just that I lost all historical data from this indicator.

As this indicator only works when there's live data feed, and all indicator data disappears when you close the chart, I opened multiple windows and keep this indicator on and never close those charts and I ran this MT4 platform on a VPS 24 x 7. So over time it might take a lot of memory. Can this be a cause of the problem ? But, then why does the non-histo version still work properly ?

p.s.

I changed color for the histo version from orange to brown.

Thank you,

pooh

pooh

Check the experts tab if something is written there. Other than that I can not imagine why could it stop doing what it does if the data is received and if the parameters haven't been changed in the mean time

Let me know if there is some error written out in the experts or the journal tab of the terminal

mladen:
pooh

Check the experts tab if something is written there. Other than that I can not imagine why could it stop doing what it does if the data is received and if the parameters haven't been changed in the mean time

Let me know if there is some error written out in the experts or the journal tab of the terminal

Mladen,

The only message in expert and journal related to this indicator is:

"

2014.01.17 21:21:14 pooh ticks histo GBPJPY,M15: loaded successfully

2014.01.17 21:21:14 pooh ticks histo GBPJPY,M15: uninit reason 2

"

I only quoted here the message for GBPJPY. Actually there're similar messages for each pair where I inserted this indicator: EURUSD, AUDUSE.......

I recall that the MT4 platform was disconnected on evening of Jan 17th, due to reason of FXCM. Hours later the connection resumed.

pooh123:
Mladen,

The only message in expert and journal related to this indicator is:

"

2014.01.17 21:21:14 pooh ticks histo GBPJPY,M15: loaded successfully

2014.01.17 21:21:14 pooh ticks histo GBPJPY,M15: uninit reason 2

"

I only quoted here the message for GBPJPY. Actually there're similar messages for each pair where I inserted this indicator: EURUSD, AUDUSE.......

I recall that the MT4 platform was disconnected on evening of Jan 17th, due to reason of FXCM. Hours later the connection resumed.

pooh

If it was disconnected, than there will be a gap. Ticks are recorded in run-time and if there was a disconetion terminal will not receive ticks for that time even though, when the connection is reconnected, the data on the main chart will be downloaded from the broker (the broker was running all the time). There is no other way but a run-time ticks recording to do that (there is not tick data available otherwise for metatrader)

So it is not up to the indicator, but to your connection that the case you had happened.

Dear Mladen,

Have you seen the mail i sent you ?

Best regards

Rosalieone

Callable Goertzel

Happy New Year to All!

Mladen:

Please modify the Goertzel Browser to a callable include file (AND perhaps a dll version?) to allow direct access to, at least, (1) trend, (2) sorted cycle periods and (3) phases.

My crude attempt is attached.

No doubt, you'll have a more efficient, elegant and usable result - but, you'll be able to see what I was trying to accomplish.

There is obviously something wrong; note the distribution of phase values for a year's worth of M15 bars (csv/txt file output from zScnr_GoertzelPhases).

I know the indicator buffers were almost maxed out; therefore, I used one (periods[]) to hold the periods and phases in a callable indicator (I removed most of the graphic elements). That callable indicator was cumbersome and led me to attempt the include file.

I know there was trouble around the number of Bars used to load values[] (search for my todo marker).

However, execution time has really been hampering recent efforts.

Perhaps I can share the results of these efforts as they are very promising; however, there is no point in that if the data is not accurate and reliable - unfortunately, that's the mess I think I've created.

Thank you in advance.

adeo:
Happy New Year to All!

Mladen:

Please modify the Goertzel Browser to a callable include file (AND perhaps a dll version?) to allow direct access to, at least, (1) trend, (2) sorted cycle periods and (3) phases.

My crude attempt is attached.

No doubt, you'll have a more efficient, elegant and usable result - but, you'll be able to see what I was trying to accomplish.

There is obviously something wrong; note the distribution of phase values for a year's worth of M15 bars (csv/txt file output from zScnr_GoertzelPhases).

I know the indicator buffers were almost maxed out; therefore, I used one (periods[]) to hold the periods and phases in a callable indicator (I removed most of the graphic elements). That callable indicator was cumbersome and led me to attempt the include file.

I know there was trouble around the number of Bars used to load values[] (search for my todo marker).

However, execution time has really been hampering recent efforts.

Perhaps I can share the results of these efforts as they are very promising; however, there is no point in that if the data is not accurate and reliable - unfortunately, that's the mess I think I've created.

Thank you in advance.

adeo

Did see this post, but frankly right now I am waiting to see what will happen with this "new metatrader" bs. Things that worked just fine till few hours ago are not working any more, and right now I am not sure at all what else will be affected. Seems that they do not care at all that people are investing time in coding and that all that time is simply going to be blown away with their "bright" decisions

newMT4 getSuffixPrefix()

Mladen:

Know you're busy. I've not seen this snippet in any of the 'fixed' indicators that you have posted. Have you visited this routine? I have several indis that have borrowed from this fine tool. I get a file handle -1 even though the path is correct and they left sysmbols.raw in the history folder. Did they change this when they changed the history format too? Is this working for you? Thanks, A

adeo:
Mladen: Know you're busy. I've not seen this snippet in any of the 'fixed' indicators that you have posted. Have you visited this routine? I have several indis that have borrowed from this fine tool. I get a file handle -1 even though the path is correct and they left sysmbols.raw in the history folder. Did they change this when they changed the history format too? Is this working for you? Thanks, A

adeo

As far as I see they did not change the format of symbols.raw but I have to check that in depth. Maybe some other thing is causing problems (they have changed a lot when file operations are concerned and it would not be a surprise that some of the file operations is causing some problems)

Reason: