Requests & Ideas - page 277

pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Found one issue with the histo version indicator. In the attached screenshot, at the three circled bars, the line chart version shows that the green line is above the orange line. And the value in data window confirms that. However, in the histo version, the bars show orange instead of green. Can you please fix this ?

Thanks,

pooh

pooh

Found one issue in the code that could cause that. It is corrected now. Please test it and let me know

Files:

mladen:
pooh Found one issue in the code that could cause that. It is corrected now. Please test it and let me know

Hi Mladen,

Thanks. Will test it on Monday and let you know.

pooh

Hi, mladen,

Can you please check if there's a problem with attached indicator? It slows down my computer when backtesting certain ea.

Thanks much in advance

Files:

tamaraofx:
Hi, mladen,

Can you please check if there's a problem with attached indicator? It slows down my computer when backtesting certain ea.

Thanks much in advance

Yep, it will do that.

The thing is that ZigZag is calculated on the whole history and it is "CPU hungry" because of that. That is how metatrader made the zigzag indicator

Hi mladen,

Another one.. when I used attached indicator in an EA with H4 setting on a 15-minute chart, the trades are printed after 16+ bars after colorchange. Is that normally the case? I would like to see the buy/sell trades happen right after color change (with default shift). Is it possible?

Thanks much.

Paul

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

Another one.. when I used attached indicator in an EA with H4 setting on a 15-minute chart, the trades are printed after 16+ bars after colorchange. Is that normally the case? I would like to see the buy/sell trades happen right after color change (with default shift). Is it possible?

Thanks much.

Paul

Paul

It depends on the tested bar. If current bar is tested then it can happen any time (since the current bar is still not closed) but if some closed bar is tested then it can happen with that delay (if you are testing second closed bar than that delay can be those 16+ bars - remember that one 4 hour bar equals 16 15 minute bars).

It does not depend on the indicator. It depends on the EA when will the signal be received

Thanks, mladen.

I understood. I know when I put the Ea on shift=1; it happens. But when I put shift=0 it places around 16 trades... (because the current H4 bar is still not closed -correct?)

By the way, can you please give me the buy/sell code for ZigZag levels I post earlier? I know this indicator repaints -but still require the code for buffer 0 and 1.

I just want to use it in combination with other indicator say; pricechannel. On a higher settings and while zigzag levels is painted above or below; I will use/test pricechannel as the buy/sell signal.

Thanks much in advance.

Paul

tamaraofx:
Thanks, mladen.

I understood. I know when I put the Ea on shift=1; it happens. But when I put shift=0 it places around 16 trades... (because the current H4 bar is still not closed -correct?)

By the way, can you please give me the buy/sell code for ZigZag levels I post earlier? I know this indicator repaints -but still require the code for buffer 0 and 1.

I just want to use it in combination with other indicator say; pricechannel. On a higher settings and while zigzag levels is painted above or below; I will use/test pricechannel as the buy/sell signal.

Thanks much in advance.

Paul

Paul

What would be the logic of the buy sell in the case of the zigzag (since that is a zigzag after all)?

If you wish to test if an upper or lover zigzag level is present at all, all you need to check is if a buffer values is equal to empty value or not (if it is different from EMPTY_VALUE then there is a valid level for that buffer )

Thanks, mladen.

I think it's okay.

Regards,

Paul

mladen:
pooh Found one issue in the code that could cause that. It is corrected now. Please test it and let me know

Hi Mladen,

The indicator works properly now. Thanks !

pooh

Reason: