Requests & Ideas - page 270

RWP
RWP  

Hi Mladen, hope the market has been treating you well, and a merry Christmas to you. I haven't bugged you for a while, thought I bug you one more time before the year is over.

volatilityqualityzerolinecandlesalertsmtf.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinehistoalertsmtfv2.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinetapealertsmtf.mq4

Please see the above 3 files.

1. VQ Zeroline Histo has an averaging parameter which both the candle and tape indicator does not have. I would like for you to have the averaging parameter coded into both the candle and tape indicator. And the reason is...

2. I would like all 3 VQ indicators to have the following color changes. The color formula would be as follows:

- above 0, ascending, above average = Blue

- above 0, ascending, below average = Dark Blue

- above 0, descending, above average = Dark Blue

- above 0, descending, below average = Dark Blue

- below 0, ascending, above average = Dark Red

- below 0, ascending, below average = Dark Red

- below 0, descending, above average = Dark Red

- below 0, descending, below average = Red

3. Finally, alerts to be added when values crosses above or below averages.

Looking forward to it. Thank you Mladen!!

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Hi Mladen, hope the market has been treating you well, and a merry Christmas to you. I haven't bugged you for a while, thought I bug you one more time before the year is over.

volatilityqualityzerolinecandlesalertsmtf.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinehistoalertsmtfv2.mq4

volatilityqualityzerolinetapealertsmtf.mq4

Please see the above 3 files.

1. VQ Zeroline Histo has an averaging parameter which both the candle and tape indicator does not have. I would like for you to have the averaging parameter coded into both the candle and tape indicator. And the reason is...

2. I would like all 3 VQ indicators to have the following color changes. The color formula would be as follows:

3. Finally, alerts to be added when values crosses above or below averages.

Looking forward to it. Thank you Mladen!!

rayphua

If I understand correctly you wish to have 4 states (colors). Am I correct?

PS: if it is 8 conditions and making alerts on all 8 conditions would make it almost always alert (that would be a possible 16 types of alerts). I doubt that it is the intention you had in mind (even 4 states can have possible 8 types of alerts)

RWP
RWP  
mladen:
rayphua

If I understand correctly you wish to have 4 states (colors). Am I correct?

PS: if it is 8 conditions and making alerts on all 8 conditions would make it almost always alert (that would be a possible 16 types of alerts). I doubt that it is the intention you had in mind (even 4 states can have possible 8 types of alerts)

Dear Mladen, yes, 4 state colors would be good enough. That means the following.

State 1

State 2

State 3

State 4

With alerts, the same for all 3 indicators, thanks Mladen!!!!!!!

poohguo
poohguo  

Hi Mladen,

Can you please take a look at the attached order management EA I coded to manage orders placed with a script ? It is supposed to work this way: you input the number of pips for stop loss, take profit, and trailing stop. If your order hit stop loss, it will close the order. If your order is in profit and above take profit level, it will close the 1st half in profit and move stop loss to break even and trail the 2nd half.

The problem is, it doesn’t work properly when you input pips for trailing stop as 0. If you input trailing stop pips as 0, it is supposed to close the 1st half in profit, then immediately close the 2nd half. However, actually it doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to. I placed an order for AUDCHF of 0.38 lots. When the order hit profit target, it closed 1st half, which was 0.19 lots. Then it was supposed to close the remaining 0.19 lots immediately. However, it did something different. It closed only 0.09 lots. Then it closed 0.05 lots, and then 0.02, 0.01, 0.01, and 0.001 lots. Please find attached the transaction history and journal message.

Can you please fix it for me ?

By the way, I have a question about global variable. How many global variables are we allowed to use in MT4 ?

Thank you in advance,

pooh

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
pooh123:
Hi Mladen,

Can you please take a look at the attached order management EA I coded to manage orders placed with a script ? It is supposed to work this way: you input the number of pips for stop loss, take profit, and trailing stop. If your order hit stop loss, it will close the order. If your order is in profit and above take profit level, it will close the 1st half in profit and move stop loss to break even and trail the 2nd half.

The problem is, it doesn’t work properly when you input pips for trailing stop as 0. If you input trailing stop pips as 0, it is supposed to close the 1st half in profit, then immediately close the 2nd half. However, actually it doesn’t work the way it’s supposed to. I placed an order for AUDCHF of 0.38 lots. When the order hit profit target, it closed 1st half, which was 0.19 lots. Then it was supposed to close the remaining 0.19 lots immediately. However, it did something different. It closed only 0.09 lots. Then it closed 0.05 lots, and then 0.02, 0.01, 0.01, and 0.001 lots. Please find attached the transaction history and journal message.

Can you please fix it for me ?

By the way, I have a question about global variable. How many global variables are we allowed to use in MT4 ?

Thank you in advance,

pooh

pooh

The problem is simple : how can the EA know that it already closed a half if it does not know what was the initial size of the order? If the order sizes traded are not fixed size (so that the EA exactly knows at which step the order is currently) there is no way how the EA can "know" that it has been closed partially already - comment part of the order info can not be used for that)

The only solution is that the initial order sizes are fixed sizes and only then the EA can do what you are intending to do

poohguo
poohguo  
mladen:
pooh

The problem is simple : how can the EA know that it already closed a half if it does not know what was the initial size of the order? If the order sizes traded are not fixed size (so that the EA exactly knows at which step the order is currently) there is no way how the EA can "know" that it has been closed partially already - comment part of the order info can not be used for that)

The only solution is that the initial order sizes are fixed sizes and only then the EA can do what you are intending to do

Mladen,

Acutally I already factored it in and used a global variable "Gstatus" to let the EA know if it has already closed the 1st half. "Gstatus" is initially set at 1.0. If the EA closes the 1st half, it will change the value of "Gstatus" to 2.0.

However, it still doesn't work properly when the trailing stop pips is 0.

RWP
RWP  
rayphua:
Dear Mladen, yes, 4 state colors would be good enough. That means the following.

State 1

State 2

State 3

State 4

With alerts, the same for all 3 indicators, thanks Mladen!!!!!!!

Mladen, would this be a 4 state color?

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
rayphua:
Mladen, would this be a 4 state color?

rayphua

Yes it would be a 4 state color

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
pooh123:
Mladen,

Acutally I already factored it in and used a global variable "Gstatus" to let the EA know if it has already closed the 1st half. "Gstatus" is initially set at 1.0. If the EA closes the 1st half, it will change the value of "Gstatus" to 2.0.

However, it still doesn't work properly when the trailing stop pips is 0.

pooh

will have to test it to see exactly what is happening, when and why

poohguo
poohguo  
mladen:
pooh will have to test it to see exactly what is happening, when and why

Hi Mladen,

I checked the EA some more and might have found where the problem is. When the EA closes the 1st half, MT4 will assign a new ticket number to the 2nd half. However, my EA doesn't know that and still searches for the old ticket number to close when it needs to close the 2nd half. I corrected this and hope the new version will work. Will test it on Monday.

Happy New Year !

pooh