Requests & Ideas - page 498

timmyhanke:

I think you actually is right ! that indicator works almost as i want it to , if we make that indicator with the upper band on high price and the lower on low and see if it still keeps it distance .

And add alerts for when the price touches the upper and lower band .

If you would help me with this it would mean the world for me !

timmy in short terms and very close to price as micro way you saying,you can not have equality or same parallel because every time price never move equally,some times high price move too high with long wicks when some times too short without wicks same in low price case,in my poor thinking,the only way,first you get some median/average price as base then draw levels or bands or channel what ever you say,in a distance of number of pips/points/digits,upper and lower from that average median price line.

mntiwana:
timmy in short terms and very close to price as micro way you saying,you can not have equality or same parallel because every time price never move equally,some times high price move too high with long wicks when some times too short without wicks same in low price case,in my poor thinking,the only way,first you get some median/average price as base then draw levels or bands or channel what ever you say,in a distance of number of pips/points/digits,upper and lower from that average median price line.

I like your thinking , my idea with the high and low price is that the only way for the bands to be able to move is if the price is pushing them , and if it dosnt it have a little free space that it can decide if it will continue on the previous direction or if it will reverse for a short period of time .

With this strategy you will loose alot of money but the loosing once is controlled , so controlled its almost a joy to loose , and the winning trades will be as big as it can get .

I have tried to recreate this method with the average keltner channel but the bands move along the price so its hard to smoothen it down to a level that the bands dosnt go over or under the price . but when i tried it , holy shit , i have a winning or loosing of 1000 pips , sometimes you win it and sometime you loose it , and the 1000 pips is insane but it still happends ,

Now with this thinking of mine is that this way it will be controlled all of the way , and you wont have a loosing trades that goes past the ''safe zone'' that you have set by the distance of the bands/lines . If you loose more money than the safe zone in pips its because the market jumps too quick for you to react to sell the current position and open a reverse .

mrtools:
Timmyhanke, maybe something like thishttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174756/page32

Dearest MRTOOLS,

your suggested indicator looking interesting,can we have some other averages option in it along with T3,or do you know some other indicator that acting like this with multiple averages option,thanks.

regards.

Files:
1_9.png  43 kb

mntiwana:

Dearest MRTOOLS,

your suggested indicator looking interesting,can we have some other averages option in it along with T3,or do you know some other indicator that acting like this with multiple averages option,thanks.

regards.

Mntiwana, on Mladen's averages you have an option to use bands or not, they are very similar the roundprice indicator.This picture is using the upper and lower band at 20 pips.BTW be careful with the z winner, pretty sure it's another solar wind

Files:
avgs_bands.png  32 kb

mrtools:

Mntiwana, on Mladen's averages you have an option to use bands or not, they are very similar the roundprice indicator.This picture is using the upper and lower band at 20 pips.BTW be careful with the z winner, pretty sure it's another solar wind

Dearest MRTOOLS,

especial thanks for to warn me for this solar wind and pretty thanks for guide and help me remember, bands are there,

so kind of you.

regards

timmyhanke:

I think you actually is right ! that indicator works almost as i want it to , if we make that indicator with the upper band on high price and the lower on low and see if it still keeps it distance .

And add alerts for when the price touches the upper and lower band .

If you would help me with this it would mean the world for me !

Maybe try 3 instances(price high, price low and price close or whatever)of this version here,https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page25 if it works for you then will make it stand alone.

mrtools:
Maybe try 3 instances(price high, price low and price close or whatever)of this version here,https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/173058/page25 if it works for you then will make it stand alone.

It didnt work , the point is if you use high and low bands , and the price pushes the upper band up then the lower band stays were it is , i want it to follow it up along the price as a closed price would but with the distance set by the indicator , so a high and low that never ever can break the set distance from each other , then you only will get alerted if the price pushes one of the bands and dont have a long way back to the other band if the market tends to reverse , so you dont have the whole length of the current candle before it hits the other band .

Like if you have 10 pips to the upper band and 10 pips to the lower , you have like a 20 pips ''safe zone '' were the market can do anything it wants but if the price pushes one of the bands up i want the other to follow it but keep the 10 pips distance from price and never break that and if the price goes gown and pushes the lower band down i want the upper band to follow but with the 10 pips distance , and when the market dosnt touch any of the bands i want them to remain were they are and dont move at all

More or less, but renko work theoretically most similar of what you have in mind. Donchian Channel you already tested? It is no puppy on the line, more a puppy that follows on call, IMO it is better than a fixed H/L distance.

timmyhanke:

It didnt work , the point is if you use high and low bands , and the price pushes the upper band up then the lower band stays were it is , i want it to follow it up along the price as a closed price would but with the distance set by the indicator , so a high and low that never ever can break the set distance from each other , then you only will get alerted if the price pushes one of the bands and dont have a long way back to the other band if the market tends to reverse , so you dont have the whole length of the current candle before it hits the other band .

Like if you have 10 pips to the upper band and 10 pips to the lower , you have like a 20 pips ''safe zone '' were the market can do anything it wants but if the price pushes one of the bands up i want the other to follow it but keep the 10 pips distance from price and never break that and if the price goes gown and pushes the lower band down i want the upper band to follow but with the 10 pips distance , and when the market dosnt touch any of the bands i want them to remain were they are and dont move at all

timmy,

if you go sensibly,every thing is possible and every type indicator is available that can easily help you.but if and when you want price obey your wish and dream,it is impossible by any coder or by your self,above MRTOOLS refer me to one of MLADENS averages indi that have bands,adjustable with number of pips/digits and moves parallel,follow the price equally,and that indi have a choice of all prices and averages,you can easily adjust and adapt it,may be it have shift option too...........why you forgot price never moves/retraces equally when it is in either trend,some times it takes short breaths and some times a bit widen breaths,why and how you can bound it in 20 pips or so on.and it all depends on your TF and strategy,strategy means,how much you give it (to price] space for to breath easily to move further in current trend,if you give it less space it will be touching and crossing center line and bands frequently,but if you give it sufficient space if will be going long term,depends on your strategy...........i dont know you understanding me or getting angry at me,lol.:)

regards

krelian99:
More or less, but renko work theoretically most similar of what you have in mind. Donchian Channel you already tested? It is no puppy on the line, more a puppy that follows on call, IMO it is better than a fixed H/L distance.

Krelian,

yes,renko is a way for to satisfy this of our friend but he seems crazy since long for to control price as he wants.

regards

Reason: