Requests & Ideas - page 262

Hi Mladen, I have been using one of my favorite indicators by you (dtosc-TM smoothed stochastic) and would like to know if it's possible to have only one alert when two of the same indicators, with different settings, go off at the same time instead of having to go through multiple alerts hoping to find one where the indies match up. Eg... say the stochastic on indicator 1 is set at 5-3-3 and at 15-3-3 on indicator 2. The condition in the combined indy should be that it alerts only when indy 1 is crossing a value at the exact same time indy 2 is crossing that value, and vice versa. The user should be able to adjust all of the settings from both indicators in the combined one as well.

I also found that sometimes better signals come when a slower stochastic (say 30-3-3 on the 15m chart) matches with a higher one (8-3-3) on the 30m chart. So if it is possible to add a time frame field for another match-up option, I'd be eternally grateful.

Lastly, since there will be fewer signals and many will come overnight, can an EA be made from it? Thanks.

protrade:
Hi Mladen, I have been using one of my favorite indicators by you (dtosc-TM smoothed stochastic) and would like to know if it's possible to have only one alert when two of the same indicators, with different settings, go off at the same time instead of having to go through multiple alerts hoping to find one where the indies match up. Eg... say the stochastic on indicator 1 is set at 5-3-3 and at 15-3-3 on indicator 2. The condition in the combined indy should be that it alerts only when indy 1 is crossing a value at the exact same time indy 2 is crossing that value, and vice versa. The user should be able to adjust all of the settings from both indicators in the combined one as well.

I also found that sometimes better signals come when a slower stochastic (say 30-3-3 on the 15m chart) matches with a higher one (8-3-3) on the 30m chart. So if it is possible to add a time frame field for another match-up option, I'd be eternally grateful.

Lastly, since there will be fewer signals and many will come overnight, can an EA be made from it? Thanks.

protrade

Using a combination of different time frame indicators for alerting is not possible in a meaningful manner (since the multi time frame values for multiple bars must be updated in order to show exact values of the higher time frame) I can make such a combination but it only can work on a current bar (there is no way how such an alert can be triggered for closed bars due to completely different times that first closed bar mean in different time frames)

If that is OK (to have alerts on opened bar only) that it can be made. Is that convenient for you?

mladen:
protrade

Using a combination of different time frame indicators for alerting is not possible in a meaningful manner (since the multi time frame values for multiple bars must be updated in order to show exact values of the higher time frame) I can make such a combination but it only can work on a current bar (there is no way how such an alert can be triggered for closed bars due to completely different times that first closed bar mean in different time frames)

If that is OK (to have alerts on opened bar only) that it can be made. Is that convenient for you?

Ok I understand...that is fine. I have only been using the indicator on "current" anyway. But I do believe those different time frame alerts only came on closed candles so I hope it will still work. If not, just getting match-ups on the same time frame will help me a lot.

protrade:
Ok I understand...that is fine. I have only been using the indicator on "current" anyway. But I do believe those different time frame alerts only came on closed candles so I hope it will still work. If not, just getting match-ups on the same time frame will help me a lot.

protrade

The thing with using crosses from different time frames is simple and complicated.

Imagine this : using 1 minute time frame and 1 month time frame. If you want to use signals for closed bars, you will have a signals from 1 minute ago and 1 month ago, and those two, obviously, could never happen at a same time. That is the reason I always tell that signals for a closed bar for different time frames are not possible

If we use the same time frame. no problem at all, but using different time frames always means that there is a time difference that actually would cause a "repainting of a signal/alert"

tamaraofx:
Hi, mladen-mrtools:

Is it possible to replace the indicator in the attached EA with kj2 and stepchart indicators? Buy when candle/arrow is green; sell when red on both indicators.

Thanks in advance.

tamaraofx

What would be the exact signal that you are looking for?

From what I am testing it seems that K-J2 mode is the one that determines when the entries (or exits) should happen, but I really would like to hear your idea about this

PS: The so called "K-J2 mode" is a Gann high low activator using jurik smoothing from this section (advanced section) - the original (in which someone made some changes to disguise it and pasted arrows and alerts code) was posted here : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179662/page3 . No need for a decompiled code

mladen:
protrade

The thing with using crosses from different time frames is simple and complicated.

Imagine this : using 1 minute time frame and 1 month time frame. If you want to use signals for closed bars, you will have a signals from 1 minute ago and 1 month ago, and those two, obviously, could never happen at a same time. That is the reason I always tell that signals for a closed bar for different time frames are not possible

If we use the same time frame. no problem at all, but using different time frames always means that there is a time difference that actually would cause a "repainting of a signal/alert"

Oh, that makes a lot of sense Mladen. I look forward to the indy using the same time frame then.

Hi mladen,

I got that indicator in a website I don't remember the name. Anyway, please disregard my previous request. Just give me the iCustom string and the "if" command to buy/sell for the attached indicators. I don't know how to code so I just copy and paste them to existing EA. Hope it's not too much to ask :-)

Thank you very much in advance.

Paul

Adaptive Gann High Low Ea

Hi mladen,

Please revised this EA to include the same indicator "Volty Channel" as a filter. The Ea should buy only when Volty Channel is blue; and sell only when Volty Channel is red.

Thanks lot.

Paul

tamaraofx:
Hi mladen,

Please revised this EA to include the same indicator "Volty Channel" as a filter. The Ea should buy only when Volty Channel is blue; and sell only when Volty Channel is red.

Thanks lot.

Paul

Paul

Do you mean to eliminate Gann high low activator as a criteria to open and close orders (and to use volty channel instead)? Or it should be a combination of the two and buys would be only when Gann high low activator signals buy and volty channel is blue and sell would be only if gann high low activator signals sell and volty channel is red?

Hi mladen,

No. don't change anything. Just add a filter "Volty Channel Stop on jurik-histo" wherein the EA will trade buy only (using EA signals) when "volty" is painted below price bars; and sell only when "volty" is painted above price bars.

Thanks much.

Paul

To clarify: The above statement relates to Volty channel stop. If "volty channel stop on jurik -histo" is used as filter; buy only when volty histo is red; and sell only when volty histo is blue. Thanks.

Reason: