Adaptive lookback indicators - page 48

mladen:
I think that it is due to a many flat periods that the indicator has (which makes it difficult to calculate divergence using those values)

It all depends on the parameters.

This is my 'version' on M1 on my test chart, I think there's divergence enough as you can notice.

So for me it is working ok ...and I do like the flat periods.

Files:

wulong 10

can you show the parameters you are using?

Wulong10:

It all depends on the parameters.

This is my 'version' on M1 on my test chart, I think there's divergence enough as you can notice.

So for me it is working ok ...and I do like the flat periods.

Wulong

There is a difference between "optical" extremes and mathematical extremes comparison

What is clear to us (mere mortals, humans) is not so easy to find for a code. And if there are prolonged periods of almost same values (as that indicator can do) then it becomes easier to humans but more difficult to a code to do that same task that we perform on a fly

For example : at your example, extremes on indicator are almost never at the same time at the price chart too. And then the code can not determine that it is divergence, Approximation is what men do perfectly and code does lousily

dasssi:
wulong 10 can you show the parameters you are using?

Here you go, Dasssi :

Parameters : cycles 0.25 / pa filter 15.0 / Pa price Heiken ashi close / T3 Hot 1.0 / T3 original true

mladen:

Wulong

There is a difference between "optical" extremes and mathematical extremes comparison

What is clear to us (mere mortals, humans) is not so easy to find for a code. And if there are prolonged periods of almost same values (as that indicator can do) then it becomes easier to humans but more difficult to a code to do that same task that we perform on a fly

For example : at your example, extremes on indicator are almost never at the same time at the price chart too. And then the code can not determine that it is divergence, Approximation is what men do perfectly and code does lousily

I understand, I also see a case where the indicator should give an extra divergence, anyway we 'see' it and the indi does not, but, hey, I think the divergence signals it does give, are very ok.

I have a lot of divergence indicators on my M1 chart (no, I'm not going to show that one ....) and there are cases where this T3 Demarker is the only one to give a good divergence arrow, so it is very welcome into my M1 template ! And the spots where is does not give divergence, there some others take that job.

This what I always try to do with indicators, the reason why I use a lot of them in one template is that they 'repair' each others flaws, but it takes a hell a lot of time to search for the best settings ...

Of course not all divergence should be taken as a signal, but it helps a lot ...

I don't like divergences. Too subjective

Hi Mladen i have a question. Is it possible to have one of the attached "stepMA new 1.05" or preferably "StepMA pdf 4 indicators" to be pa or alb adaptive?

mandagozu81:
Hi Mladen i have a question. Is it possible to have one of the attached "stepMA new 1.05" or preferably "StepMA pdf 4 indicators" to be pa or alb adaptive?

I am not sure (since the only things that could be adapted are the sensitivity or step size). Will have to check

Hi Mladen,

Would you please added ForSymbol and inverse options to your adaptive rsx 3 oma. Could you also create a histogram version of the same indicator.

Thanks so much.

-spotforex

Thank you Mladen,

I am waiting for the results.

mladen:
I am not sure (since the only things that could be adapted are the sensitivity or step size). Will have to check
Reason: