Adaptive lookback indicators - page 44

okay so it's like looking in a mirror while looking in a mirror while looking in a mirror...

thanks for the explanation!

mladen:
Yes, but since it was using adaptive average for previous bar (and previous bar, and previous bar, ...) then in that case the "inheritance" prevents from knowing those things for past bars

Scrat:
okay so it's like looking in a mirror while looking in a mirror while looking in a mirror... thanks for the explanation!

That is probably the best description of the adaptive processes I have ever heard actually. And the major "wonder" is that it does not repaint

heh the other major wonder for me is that it doesn't kill my cpu.

one more small request - can you please color code this force index for me? i turned the original into histo (hope you don't mind!) just to be able to distinguish much better between negatives and positives because sometimes the values are really small. colors would be the most helpful

mladen:
That is probably the best description of the adaptive processes I have ever heard actually. And the major "wonder" is that it does not repaint
Files:

what about this one, could it be made adaptable?

Scrat:
what about this one, could it be made adaptable?

Scrat

Not really : if we try to do that, metatrader will be stuck with 100's of instances of that indicator (that indicator must call itself to calculate values and if the calculation length is changed, metatrader will load new and new instances of it on each new tick - to the point when it will block the terminal)

can this be color coded and eventually added alerts when 0 line is crossed? also, a very good visual would be colored candles (well not the entire chart but just the one candle corresponding to the 0 cross).

Files:

Scrat:
can this be color coded and eventually added alerts when 0 line is crossed? also, a very good visual wood be colored candles (well not the entire chart but just the first one corresponding to the 0 cross).

Scrat

Here is the version with alerts added : alb_force_index_amp_alerts.mq4

RSX 3 using one more average, but made to be adaptive : adaptive_rsx_3_oma.ex4

PS: since one more average can be adaptive too, this indicator is a kind of a "all adaptive" indicator

PPS: a comparison of a regular and the adaptive version. Adaptive version seems to be better to find out trends, and in cases of sudden trend changes it does not lag or the lag is minimal (usually preventing false alarms since it does not jump on a trend change train at a first sign of a price change)

mladen, can you turn this mtf alb-ma into a "trailing" signal - something like in this chart. i'm thinking, alb-ma based on "high" when prices are going lower; and alb-ma based on "low" when prices are going higher.

btw, the example in this chart is gann high/low activator.

Scrat:
mladen, can you turn this mtf alb-ma into a "trailing" signal - something like in this chart. i'm thinking, alb-ma based on "high" when prices are going lower; and alb-ma based on "low" when prices are going higher. btw, the example in this chart is gann high/low activator.

Scrat

Will try to cook something

Reason: