Adaptive lookback indicators - page 45

mladen:
One more cleaned up (spring time - time to make the code shorter and more efficient ) and made mre compatible with new mt4 - phase accumulation adaptive composite RSI (the whole pack : multi time frame + arrows + alerts ) : pa_adaptive_composite_rsi_mtf_arrows__alerts_2.mq4

Upgraded version with added alerts on slope change too : pa_adaptive_composite_rsi_mtf_arrows__alerts_2.1.mq4

Dear Mladen,

I have never used adaptive lookback indicators in trading and they seem interesting, especially phase accumulation indicators.

I know that some adaptive lookback indicators like "alb tma" recalculate. I'm planning to test some phase accumulation indicators for trading.

My question is do "phase accumulation indicators" that you post here recalculate or not?

mandagozu81:
Dear Mladen,

I have never used adaptive lookback indicators in trading and they seem interesting, especially phase accumulation indicators.

I know that some adaptive lookback indicators like "alb tma" recalculate. I'm planning to test some phase accumulation indicators for trading.

My question is do "phase accumulation indicators" that you post here recalculate or not?

mandagozu81

If the indicator itself does not recalculate, making it adaptive will not cause recalculation. So, that case of adaptive centered TMA is a rare case when adapting was used on such an indicator (recalculating indicator).

Using phase accumulation to make the indicator adaptive does not and will not cause recalculation.

You can ask us to check if the basic indicator is of recalculating kind, bu as far as I remember no other recalculating indicator was made adaptive (and if am not mistaken it was done on a request). You do not need to worry : all the rest are safe regardless of what kind of adapting is used on them

Mladen can we have a pa adaptive of averages indicator. So that instead of only having super smoother as the attached indy we can have the possibility to choose from the 20 averaging methods. Thanks.

mandagozu81:
Mladen can we have a pa adaptive of averages indicator. So that instead of only having super smoother as the attached indy we can have the possibility to choose from the 20 averaging methods. Thanks.

mandagozu81

Not all averages are suitable to be adaptive

In short : only averages that allow fractional periods for calculation (like ema, smma (which is just a special case of ema), T3, dema, tema, super smoother, smoother, ...) can be adapted flawlessly.

Averages like sma, lwma, hull, lsma, tma, non lag ma, ... and so on are not suitable since their calculation lengths must be integer values, and then we would see some strange ticks in the averages values that would happen simply because they can not handle fractional period for calculation )and phase accumulation is almost all about fractional periods of calculation)

Thank you for the information Mladen. So then can we please have a custom designed "pa adaptive averages indicator" with a list of averages which allow fractional periods for calculation and which doesn't have extra parameters like t3 ma (like hot and etc)

So it can have ema, smma, dema, tema, supersmoother, smoother and other ma's from your list of 20 that allow fractional periods calculation in the averaging type parameters of the inputs menu.

Some more upgrades on the phase accumulation adaptive super smoother (among other changes, the usual set of 18 price types added to it) : pa_adaptive_super_smoother_2.mq4

This is an updated alb QQE advanced added the 18 different price options and hopefully made it more user friendly , indicator is mtf with alerts on slope or on the QQE cross.

Found a very good link that might help to whoever was wondering what adapting is all about (including a large series of trading test results performed for a couple of adapting models compared to "regular" indicators ) : Adaptive Moving Average (AMA) aka Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) | ETF HQ

Might help in all the nonsense told and floating around the net about adapting from people pretending to be experts and having no idea at all of what they are talking about.

Which is a pity, since one of the most valuable improvement methods for indicators is disqualified in the eyes of regular indicator users simply because of ignorance of a few that are having their own agendas (like selling an obviously repainting indicator for $nnn) to pretend that they "know the knowledge"

I will repeat once again : adapting has never and never will be a cause of repainting. Repainting was, is and always will be caused exclusively by poor programing or a simple intention to scamm people - and it never had anything in common with adapting methods

New version of phase accumulation adaptive zero lag ema macd (new, correct zero lag ema used, new set of prices added, new interpolation method added in multi time frame mode, made user friendly) : pa_adaptive_zlema_macd_3.ex4

Reason: