Adaptive lookback indicators - page 41

Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Scrat:
mladen, i wanted to ask if you could write a "cumulative" indicator for alb-ma. basically, i to get rid of the of the clutter on the screen and so a great help would be a histo-type indicator showing when there is a cross between two same type - let's say, cross between alb-ma(open) and alb-ma(close). you've done it before for another favorite of mine (digital filters...), and i am attaching it here as an example along with a chart pic. p.s. also, could you add color coding into this alb-ma, along with alert options (arrow... sound... email)? would be a tremendous help - many thanks in advance!!

Here is a "simple" histogram version (one alb moving average - alerts included already) : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

florinv75
florinv75  

thank you! faster than expected, like always! already trying them out do you think the "double" average histo is doable?

florinv75
florinv75  

actually, what i was thinking was a histogram following the cross between 2 alb's, let's say 1st alb-open / 2nd alb-close (but that can as well be open vs. typical; or close vs. typical); if alb-close is above alb-open, then histo is green; if it's below, histo is red.

mladen:
Here is a "simple" histogram version (one alb moving average - alerts included already) : alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Scrat:
actually, what i was thinking was a histogram following the cross between 2 alb's, let's say 1st alb-open / 2nd alb-close (but that can as well be open vs. typical; or close vs. typical); if alb-close is above alb-open, then histo is green; if it's below, histo is red.

Seems that I misunderstood

Will make that version too

florinv75
florinv75  

it's because of me, i should have provided more details from the beginning. i attached that indi example - histo showing a cross between two digital filters - and i assumed that you would be looking into that to see how it was build. my apologies.

mladen:
Seems that I misunderstood Will make that version too
Mladen Rakic
Mladen Rakic  
Scrat:
it's because of me, i should have provided more details from the beginning. i attached that indi example - histo showing a cross between two digital filters - and i assumed that you would be looking into that to see how it was build. my apologies.

Scrat

This should do it : double_alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

There are two separate adaptive look back moving averages with separates settings for both. The color changes depending on their crosses. First ma is assumed to be the faster. I used a simple setting since I do not know which parameters are you using (simply the speed of the second is set to 2 while the speed of the first is set to 1, all the rest is the same). It will probably need some "parameters playing"

florinv75
florinv75  

thank you, mladen.

it works just as i expected - most of the times i use a cross of two averages, open vs close, with the rest of parameters identical for both of them. i asked for the histogram because it is more accurate to show the cross.

can you make a mtf version of this one?

mladen:
Scrat

This should do it : double_alb__speed_-_ma_2_amp_alerts_smoothed_histo.mq4

There are two separate adaptive look back moving averages with separates settings for both. The color changes depending on their crosses. First ma is assumed to be the faster. I used a simple setting since I do not know which parameters are you using (simply the speed of the second is set to 2 while the speed of the first is set to 1, all the rest is the same). It will probably need some "parameters playing"
William Snyder
William Snyder  
Scrat:
thank you, mladen.

it works just as i expected - most of the times i use a cross of two averages, open vs close, with the rest of parameters identical for both of them. i asked for the histogram because it is more accurate to show the cross.

can you make a mtf version of this one?

Scrat, made it mtf.

florinv75
florinv75  

thank you, mrtools.

mrtools:
Scrat, made it mtf.
florinv75
florinv75  

can either of these indicators be made adaptive?