Requests & Ideas - page 54

Composite Phase

adeo:
As to the later, I completely understand.

On the former (composite wave)...

Even though the composite wave may be non-sinusoidal (e.g., mutiple cycles combine to produce an irregular waveform) it is still periodic (is it not?). I thought Simba was looking for the amplitude and phase for use in other indicators or EAs. I figured this information would be useful in determining the timing of the Goertzel output (that is, a buffer queried for the phase or amplitude depending on the need).

For example, the trival case would specify one cycle (presumably the dominant one); then, the phase could then be used for time-related entries and/or the amplitude for level-related entries.

Depending on the cycles selected for the list, the composite wave may be of a form useful for entries and exits.

Is this applicable (not obsolete) or am I missing something?

If obsolete, what's the best way to use the output other than visually? I've used level comparisons in short, lookback arrays, but it seems much more direct using phase and/or amplitude.

edit: Or, stick the repeated median line (handy pro-gression since there's no 'bad' data) out there at a configurable (+) shift for configurable n bars

Adeo,

Regarding Goertzel amplitudes,I do not think they will be useful for trading,they shift every bar and they add noise.To use amplitudes,much better to look at SR and measured moves,IMO.

Regarding Goertzel composite wave Phase,I think it will be very important to have it,basically to test with an EA.I have found that,very often,the actual price turning point is not at 180 or 360 degrees of the composite wave,but due to phase translations,it tends to be located between 180-270 and 360-90 degrees...Of course this is just my observation,and I may be wrong,but having this number will allow us to test with an EA and define the area were most probably we can expect a turn or discard this idea.

S

Dear mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you take a look at the attached pic. Would love to have markers on the chart when there's a buy/sell possible trade (MACD crosses over outside the bands). Could even consider adding another marker to exit once the MACD crosses back inside the bands again, but that is not really necessary.

I post this here coz I believe I got the indicator from Advanced, I know there are quite a few versions floating around, but I think the attached version is the correct one.

Cheers and kindly thanks,

Snow.

Files:

Correlation, multi-pair

Hoping this Request is not too far afield...

Correlation indicator for multiple pairs, each pairing with its own timeframe.

Rudimentary approach would use eight different externs to specify the pairs of interest (say, extern1a=EURAUD;GBPCHF extern1b=M15 extern2a=AUDCAD;EURJPY extern2b=M30).

More general approach might use a long strings of up to 8 pairs where each long string is associated with a 'page' that specifies the list used to populate the 8 buffers (e.g.; extern_active_page=3 extern_page1pairs=EURAUDGBPCHF;AUDCADEURJPY;CHFJPYEURGBP;CHFJPEURAUD;CHFJPYEURCHF;CHFJPYEURCAD;CHFJPYGBPCHF;CHFJPYGBPAUD extern_page1tf=M15...other externs allow up to 8 pairs each and a timeframe.)

Initial use is to visualize correlation convergence and price action on the host chart (that is, the output values are distinct from and not related to the host chart or host timeframe).

Presumably, this would be an extension of the previous, excellent work present in Mladen's 'correlations.mq4'. I cannot see clear to whether Perason, Kendall and Spearman are all needed OR whether the correlations.dll is required; perhaps simple correlation and straight mql will suffice - I bet I know who would know...:)

CFPlefttoright - regression lines

Hi,

I'm unable to see anything when loaded to MT4..just a blank window, suggestions please.

Snow

I think it was posted somewhere but I am not sure right now. Anyway posting it here and it has some additional things among others it can draw an arrow on chart when the macd line crosses over its bollinger bands (that would be the signal you are looking for. It is drawing arrows in 4 cases : 2 cases when the value steps outside the bollinger bands and 2 cases when the value retraces within the bands.

Try it out

regards

Mladen

Snowski:
Dear mladen,

Whenever you have a chance, can you take a look at the attached pic. Would love to have markers on the chart when there's a buy/sell possible trade (MACD crosses over outside the bands). Could even consider adding another marker to exit once the MACD crosses back inside the bands again, but that is not really necessary.

I post this here coz I believe I got the indicator from Advanced, I know there are quite a few versions floating around, but I think the attached version is the correct one.

Cheers and kindly thanks,

Snow.

adeo

Just checking : since the correlations indicator is already able to follow 8 symbols, is what you have in mind an addition of separate time frame for each symbol in the list of symbols?

Mladen

adeo:
Hoping this Request is not too far afield...

Correlation indicator for multiple pairs, each pairing with its own timeframe.

Rudimentary approach would use eight different externs to specify the pairs of interest (say, extern1a=EURAUD;GBPCHF extern1b=M15 extern2a=AUDCAD;EURJPY extern2b=M30).

More general approach might use a long strings of up to 8 pairs where each long string is associated with a 'page' that specifies the list used to populate the 8 buffers (e.g.; extern_active_page=3 extern_page1pairs=EURAUDGBPCHF;AUDCADEURJPY;CHFJPYEURGBP;CHFJPEURAUD;CHFJPYEURCHF;CHFJPYEURCAD;CHFJPYGBPCHF;CHFJPYGBPAUD extern_page1tf=M15...other externs allow up to 8 pairs each and a timeframe.)

Initial use is to visualize correlation convergence and price action on the host chart (that is, the output values are distinct from and not related to the host chart or host timeframe).

Presumably, this would be an extension of the previous, excellent work present in Mladen's 'correlations.mq4'. I cannot see clear to whether Perason, Kendall and Spearman are all needed OR whether the correlations.dll is required; perhaps simple correlation and straight mql will suffice - I bet I know who would know...:)

Yes it was posted here:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179807/page32

inside this links thread:

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/179673

Hi Mladen

Could you modify your indicator by eliminating the arrows that retrace back within the bands. I find that there is quite a bit of drawing and I'm more interested in the cross-overs beyond the bands.

As well, could you add the 'ForSymbol' input option too.

Thanks for your time!

-spotforex

mladen:
It is drawing arrows in 4 cases : 2 cases when the value steps outside the bollinger bands and 2 cases when the value retraces within the bands.

Try it out

regards

Mladen

Thanks mladen for the quick reply and posting of the indicator, and thanks to NewDigital for the reference links.

Snow

Correlation, multi-pair

The principal difference here was to show the correlation between the specified pairs (e.g. the pairs between the semicolon delimiter '...;CHFJPYEURAUD;...').

My understanding of the existing correlation indicator is that it shows the correlation of the pairs in the list to the host chart pair.

The intent with this new indicator is to show correlations of the pairs in the list to each other separate from the others in the list and separate from the host chart pair.

mladen:
adeo

Just checking : since the correlations indicator is already able to follow 8 symbols, is what you have in mind an addition of separate time frame for each symbol in the list of symbols?

Mladen
Reason: