Adaptive lookback indicators - page 42

Scrat:
can either of these indicators be made adaptive?

Scrat

I am not sure (for dynamic zones the look back period must be an integer, and almost all good adaptive methods are fractional). Will have to test to see if we get results that could jump around due to rounding

well, that sounds interesting and i'd definitely like to know your conclusion.

how about an adaptive donchian channel? i'm attaching my version here.

Scrat:
well, that sounds interesting and i'd definitely like to know your conclusion. how about an adaptive donchian channel? i'm attaching my version here.

Scrat

With Donchian channel the problem is similar (it uses integer nuber of bars for calculation)

With adapting indicators the main problem is how they are calculated. For example : EMA is perfect for adapting since it actually does not depend on the number of bars, while SMA strictly depends on number of bars and is not suitable for normal adapting

got it. i had a hunch donchian may be similar, although i'm no expert.

well, thanks for the details, i'll go look at my charts for another ideas.

mladen:
Scrat

With Donchian channel the problem is similar (it uses integer nuber of bars for calculation)

With adapting indicators the main problem is how they are calculated. For example : EMA is perfect for adapting since it actually does not depend on the number of bars, while SMA strictly depends on number of bars and is not suitable for normal adapting

mladen - can you please change this one to be shown as bars instead of a line?

Files:

Scrat:
mladen - can you please change this one to be shown as bars instead of a line?

Scrat

You mean something like this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176430

no, i mean just simple plain bars. but nevermind, i was able to do it myself in the meantime.

mladen:
Scrat You mean something like this : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/176430

Scrat:
no, i mean just simple plain bars. but nevermind, i was able to do it myself in the meantime.

Good Happy trading

can i please have these converted to new mt version? thanks in advance

Scrat:
can i please have these converted to new mt version? thanks in advance

Scrat

Both are already new mt compatible

Reason: