Bad signals/service reporting - page 11

Thanx for the info. If I start trading using RAS in my MT4 platform, because currently I got floating trades, so the RAS will close my current floating trades or it won't touch them?

RAS EA is managing RAS trades only because every RAS trade is having unique magic number.

But it is important that you seyup RAS EA correctly ... so ... use some threas here, or go to live support to ask about setup (but read the thread and pdf files RAS download page first).

I'm just afraid after I installed the RAS EA, my current floating trades will be close by RAS without my permission.

If the RAS EA can trade itself while I can do my own manual trading in the same account, then is perfect.

I'm using RAS service for two months now and I'm writing this post in order to save potential users from spending money on this useless service and bad signals it is promoting.

SERVICE

Basically, with this service you cannot follow 99.9% of the signals. There are several reasons for this:

1) Your account and seller's account amount are probably different. Since there is no way to find out seller's account amount, you cannot set the multiplier. Without this, you may be risking 90% of your account while seller is risking 1% and your performance will be totally different than seller's.

2) In case you found out the seller's account (call yourself lucky), and you set the multiplier, it will not work because of RAS EA bugs.

I've reported a bug (ticket VMB-680026) that for multipliers < 1.0 RAS EA opens a trade and immediately closes part of it, and remaining part stays hanging.

After weeks, this issue was not solved. All support did, was immediately closing the ticket with useless answers (e.g. "maybe I was setting parameters while the trade was open"). No one even tried to reproduce it. Soon, they stop responding. I reopened the ticket 3 times afterwards and they closed it without any message.

SIGNALS

Regarding signals, I've subscribed to one that was among the "top 5" for weeks. When I look at RAS web statistics I can only say it is totally useless.

1) ROI is calculated for all signals based on 1000$ initial deposit, so it is completely misleading.

2) One of the signals I was subscribed to was also traced on MT Intelligence - Home page. When I compared it with the RAS web statistics, almost every number displayed was considerably different.

3) Log from mt4i also discovered that sellers, after they trash 75% of the account amount in one week, deposit additional money and continue as nothing happened. How are you suppose to follow this, even if RAS EA is fixed, when you are not aware of it?

SELLERS

Regarding sellers, the last one, I'm still subscribed to, stop trading two weeks ago. He is not replying to forum, and there is no way to find out what is going on.

To summarise, in two months I've lost 75% of my account money using a "top" signal. I am not able to use RAS EA because of bugs they don't want to fix. I'm paying subscription for the signal that is dead for weeks. I complained to support, but they don't bother to solve any issues.

I have to disagree, when used correctly, it is possible for this service to work. While I too have had issues with customer service at times, the service itself is functional, and possible to make money with RAS as a subscriber. BUT, one really has to play it smart, and only use signals that are willing to explain themselves, and stay consistent, while following through on their plans.

You're right about taking the signals at face value. You really need to drill down, and go into the advanced statistics and modify the figures in order to see how the signal would apply to your account. The initial 1000 balance shows nothing. A better view is with clones too, imo.

RAS has come a long way since its inception, and I do believe there is money to be made here. It's all in how you approach it.

I wouldn't have responded, but I felt the need to as you disparage the whole system due to some bad signals that you will find within any system.

miljenko4:
I'm using RAS service for two months now and I'm writing this post in order to save potential users from spending money on this useless service and bad signals it is promoting.

SERVICE

Basically, with this service you cannot follow 99.9% of the signals. There are several reasons for this:

1) Your account and seller's account amount are probably different. Since there is no way to find out seller's account amount, you cannot set the multiplier. Without this, you may be risking 90% of your account while seller is risking 1% and your performance will be totally different than seller's.

2) In case you found out the seller's account (call yourself lucky), and you set the multiplier, it will not work because of RAS EA bugs.

I've reported a bug (ticket VMB-680026) that for multipliers < 1.0 RAS EA opens a trade and immediately closes part of it, and remaining part stays hanging.

After weeks, this issue was not solved. All support did, was immediately closing the ticket with useless answers (e.g. "maybe I was setting parameters while the trade was open"). No one even tried to reproduce it. Soon, they stop responding. I reopened the ticket 3 times afterwards and they closed it without any message.

SIGNALS

Regarding signals, I've subscribed to one that was among the "top 5" for weeks. When I look at RAS web statistics I can only say it is totally useless.

1) ROI is calculated for all signals based on 1000$ initial deposit, so it is completely misleading.

2) One of the signals I was subscribed to was also traced on MT Intelligence - Home page. When I compared it with the RAS web statistics, almost every number displayed was considerably different.

3) Log from mt4i also discovered that sellers, after they trash 75% of the account amount in one week, deposit additional money and continue as nothing happened. How are you suppose to follow this, even if RAS EA is fixed, when you are not aware of it?

SELLERS

Regarding sellers, the last one, I'm still subscribed to, stop trading two weeks ago. He is not replying to forum, and there is no way to find out what is going on.

To summarise, in two months I've lost 75% of my account money using a "top" signal. I am not able to use RAS EA because of bugs they don't want to fix. I'm paying subscription for the signal that is dead for weeks. I complained to support, but they don't bother to solve any issues.

spencer36:
I have to disagree, when used correctly, it is possible for this service to work. While I too have had issues with customer service at times, the service itself is functional, and possible to make money with RAS as a subscriber. BUT, one really has to play it smart, and only use signals that are willing to explain themselves, and stay consistent, while following through on their plans.

You're right about taking the signals at face value. You really need to drill down, and go into the advanced statistics and modify the figures in order to see how the signal would apply to your account. The initial 1000 balance shows nothing. A better view is with clones too, imo.

RAS has come a long way since its inception, and I do believe there is money to be made here. It's all in how you approach it.

I wouldn't have responded, but I felt the need to as you disparage the whole system due to some bad signals that you will find within any system.

Let's leave the signals and evaluate only the service. What are the minimum functionalities this service should provide?

1) open/close trades at the same time as seller - FAILED

2) allow to trade amounts that are some percentage of seller's amounts so you can have same performance with your account size as seller has with his - FAILED

Now if you are saying that this is because I'm not using it correctly, please show me what am I doing wrong, since support doesn't have a clue.

Btw, modifying initial deposit in advanced statistics in order to see how the signal would apply to your account is a joke. A very misleading and therefore dangerous one. It will use seller's profits with your account size. The lower amount you enter, the better it looks, try it yourself.

miljenko4:
Let's leave the signals and evaluate only the service. What are the minimum functionalities this service should provide?

1) open/close trades at the same time as seller - FAILED

Works for me. Works even better when using a tick sender program like

http://www.mistigrifx.com/tools/mt4-msfx-tick-sender

miljenko4:

2) allow to trade amounts that are some percentage of seller's amounts so you can have same performance with your account size as seller has with his - FAILED

Again, I have no problems using this with either IBFX or FXDD(with signals that aren't using some scam demo feed). Could it possibly be that when the division or multiplication that takes place creates a lot size that isn't compatible with your broker? It's hard for me to say what is wrong with your stuff as you haven't said what you are multiplying to or from.

miljenko4:

Now if you are saying that this is because I'm not using it correctly, please show me what am I doing wrong, since support doesn't have a clue.

Btw, modifying initial deposit in advanced statistics in order to see how the signal would apply to your account is a joke. A very misleading and therefore dangerous one. It will use seller's profits with your account size. The lower amount you enter, the better it looks, try it yourself.

I don't know what you are doing in the first place, so troubleshooting your problem just presents more problems

As fas as using the Advanced Statistics page. If you adjust initial deposit and lot size it should produce the results you might see based on your account. Works for me anyway.

spencer36:
Works for me. Works even better when using a tick sender program like http://www.mistigrifx.com/tools/mt4-msfx-tick-sender

I had the problem with EA's multiplier set to value < 1.00. If you follow with fixed trade amounts or use 1.00 you won't have a problem. But I believe that 99% buyers with 5k account will follow sellers with 20k account, not the other way around, so I give it FAILED status.

spencer36:
Again, I have no problems using this with either IBFX or FXDD(with signals that aren't using some scam demo feed). Could it possibly be that when the division or multiplication that takes place creates a lot size that isn't compatible with your broker? It's hard for me to say what is wrong with your stuff as you haven't said what you are multiplying to or from.

Here problem is not setting the multiplier but knowing seller's account size. RAS doesn't enforce it in any way so you are on buyers mercy whether they will tell you or not so you can correctly follow the signal.

spencer36:
I don't know what you are doing in the first place, so troubleshooting your problem just presents more problems

I'm just trying to follow a signal expecting this basic functionality. I've only modified multiplier parameter. Can I do anything simpler than this?

I've forwarded them all the trades, logs, journals, description how to reproduce the problem. Did they do anything? No.

spencer36:
As fas as using the Advanced Statistics page. If you adjust initial deposit and lot size it should produce the results you might see based on your account. Works for me anyway.

It is just multiplying sellers profits with [lots_multiplier] and . You can select 100$ deposit and check for some signal that trades amounts greater than 10 lots. You'll get nice profits. However, this "simulation" doesn't check anything, and you'll be surprised when you get a margin call after you try it for real.

I'm not saying that some people did not make some money with this service. I also believe it can be used if you use fixed amount trades and have a seller that cooperates 100% with the buyers and trades fixed lot sizes.

But let's be objective. If you need such a nice seller, some other tools (btw, I cannot open ticker page you've posted), some other statistics, can only follow with fixed amounts that limits you to 1% of signals, then what does this service actually provide? Very little, and even that is of bad quality (severe bugs based on which buyers loose money).

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree, but, it works for me, just as described above, and with smaller accounts than 5k too.

Too bad RAS hid how many subscribers each system had, so you could see that there are many folks that seem to be working it just fine. Not that that would help you, but at least it would allow you to see the system does work, just not for you for whatever reason.

And yes, if the signal seller cannot work with fixed lots, maybe you should move to a seller that is more accommodating to your specific needs. Rocketman, for instance, trades .01 to .05 lots, which makes it easy calculate.

If you are a member of Elite area, maybe you should subscribe to the free signals they have and then play on a demo until you figure out what is wrong.

In case you haven't seen some of my old complaints, I have had many here, and one of them was that my ISP uses 2 different IP addresses(sequential though) for my connection, and RAS system programmers won't deal with it, so I had to get a new ISP connection just for RAS. So I can feel your pain, but at the same time, if done right, there is potential here.

Also, in Advanced Stats, the image produced allows you to see a margin call-- BUT at the bottom of that page you can set maximum lots per trade, per symbol.

spencer36:
Too bad RAS hid how many subscribers each system had, so you could see that there are many folks that seem to be working it just fine.

Are you talking about the page which hid one day about number of subscribers for top signals?

Yes, good idea.

I will send the request to the developers about it.

Reason: